Are you concerned about high humidity in your home?
Is your air-conditioner milking you dry with high electricity bills?
Do you want a fan that can effectively make you comfortable in less cost?
Then, this review is one you have to read. A window fan is one great way to regulate humidity in your home. These are the three reasons why you need a window fan.
- Unlike the other types of fans that circulate air indoor, the window fan draws cool air from outside to cool your home while pushing out warm air. This makes it an air exchanger.
- Window fans cheaply cool your room. Don’t let air-conditioners make you go broke with high energy costs. A window fan helps to reduce your electricity bills because it is energy-saving and cost-effective too. It consumes less energy compared to air-conditioners
- Window fans use water-resistant motor. Meaning your fan keeps on working come rain, come shine.
We want to help you choose a good window fan. Read on as we review the best 10 window fans.
Warm or hot weather condition is something seasonal. It makes sense to prepare ahead of time if you don’t want to be caught unaware. One best way to prepare for bad weather condition is to have a window fan. Window fans are affordable fans that can be fixed on your window for proper air circulation and cooling. Window fans are a better alternative to expensive air conditioners. They are strong, cost-effective, easy to install and maintain.
Top 10 Window Fans Compared
Making a choice is a lot easier with the comparison table below. Carefully check the table in order to compare and make an informed opinion about your ideal window fan.
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Window Fans – (Reviews & Buying Guide 2020)
- 1. Bionaire Twin Reversible Airflow Window Fan
- 2. Holmes Window Fan
- 3. Holmes Dual Blade Twin Window Fan
- 4. Holmes HAWF-2041 Twin Window Fan
- 5. Bionaire BWF0522M Compact Window Fan
- 6. Lasko Electric Reverse Window Fan W16900
- 7. Bionaire BWF0522E-BU Thin Ultra Quiet Window Fan
- 8. Air King 9166F Whole House Window Fan
- 9. Bionaire BWF0502M-WM Thin Window Fan
- 10. CCC Comfort Zone Twin Window Fan with Remote
- What to Consider before Buying the Best Window Fan
- How to install a window fan?
- How to use a window fan?
- How to clean a window fan?
- How to Clean and Service Holmes Twin Window Fan?
- How to oil air-conditioner fan motor?
- How to use a box fan on a window?
- Final Verdict
10 Best Window Fans – (Reviews & Buying Guide 2020)
The Bionaire Twin Window Fan is a sophisticated double window fan with remote control for your maximum comfort. It comes with a thermostat that measures the temperature of the room and an LCD screen to display room temperature. The fan has three speeds that you can select from. It is well designed for double window rooms. The fan measures 13-inch high.
- Three-speed settings – No matter your desired setting – high, medium or low – you are sure to get a great cooling system with nice breezy air circulation.
- Programmable LED thermostat – Choose your preferred temperature for your room with the thermostat and enjoy super and fresh breeze cooling always
- Water-resistant motors – Rain won’t be a disturbance. Get unbeatable cooling superiority even when it is raining
- Remote control – Take control of your twin fan with sleek remote control. Change speed, do a manual or automatic operation, direct airflow and set temperature with ease. The remote control is powered by two AAA 1.5 volts
- Built-in screen expansion – The fan screen expands to fit larger side windows from the range of 24 inches to 37 inches.
- Reversible airflow control – Get fresh air by changing the direction of the blades electrically. Blow out the hot air and allow cool air circulate your room. Strong airflow is always guaranteed.
Watch the BIONAIRE Digital Window Fan unboxing video:
our new bionaire digital window fan we
got this fan to see if we could cool
down one of our warmest rooms in our
house it has the remote control and then
an extender panel and you can put it in
the window horizontally or vertically
alright let’s take a look so inside the
box we have the fan we have the extender
pandal a quick operation pamphlet and an
instruction leaflet and then their
remote so this panel easily slides on
this side should you need it and I’ll
take a look at the other side this side
has an extension as well two little
things click open pull it to the length
you want click it back in place push it
back in and for the clips to lock and it
has a six foot about six foot long its
cord so I plugged in the fan now I’m
going to manually take you through the
functions so when you plug on the fan
it’ll tell you the temperature of the
press power on this button right here
and it automatically brings it to the
low if you hit it again go to medium
and a third time will take you to I see
okay back on so when you have this auto
on this allows you to change the
temperature with the plus and the minus
signs this allows you to decide at what
point you want the fan to automatically
turn on and off this little button is a
little LED light which you will see it
has two different light adjustments
you’ll see in the evening time and then
on this side is your air flow button so
here it says in
then you have your out and then your
exchange one in and one out so this is
the remote the functions on the remote
this is the on/off button and also the
fan speed the temperature up temperature
down your mode and your airflow so let’s
turn it on so here you have your
different speeds we have the auto on so
we’re going to change the temperature
lowest is 69 and then you have your mode
that turns the auto on an auto i and
here’s your air flow so you can do the
in the out and the exchange super simple
so far we’re really enjoying this band
it really does help change the
temperature in the one room probably
drops it a few degrees within a matter
of a few minutes so it’s very helpful
for sleeping okay thank you for watching
and stay tuned for our next video.
The Holmes Window Fan with dual fan and thermostat provides you comfort during the harsh weather condition. The reversible air blades deliver cool air that fills up your room in just no time. The fan is solidly built to fit almost all window sliders. It works quietly and efficiently making it perfect for your living room or bedroom. It comes with an extender panel that makes it a perfect fit for most windows. The two-speed settings allow you to enjoy superb airflow the way you really want it.
- Water-resistant motors – Entertain no fears when it rains. It works perfectly during the rainy season. The fan is safe to use even when it is raining.
- Fits almost all windows – The Holmes window fan is made to fit most slider windows perfectly. Even double-hung windows make a great fit
- Dual-blade – Enjoy powerful cooling with the 6 inches twin-blade. Dual blade ensures you get fresh air for your all-round comfort
- Uninterrupted reversible airflow – Reversible airflow gives you a comfortable fresh cool breeze. Choose air intake or exhaust to experience perfect cooling in your comfort zone.
- Energy efficiency – The fan is energy efficient. It consumes 60% less energy. Energy efficiency helps you to save energy and money.
- Two-speed settings – Easily set the fan to a suitable speed with two-digital speed settings and enjoy the finest air flow
- Adjustable screen – The fan comes with a flexible screen that expands to fit bigger windows.
The Holmes Window fan delivers powerful cool breeze for your utmost comfort. It is a cost-effective fan that provides fresh air with two fans that can be set independently for top performance. The fan comes with a one-touch electronic control alongside two-speed adjustment for your cooling pleasure. It is built strong to fit almost all windows. The fan can be operated manually or automatically. It comes with a thermostat so that the fan can easily be turned on or off or set to the right temperature.
- Water-resistant motors – With water-resistant motors, the fan is safe to use when it is raining.
- Double 8.5-inch blades – The powerful double 8.5-inch blade diameter blows air effectively to fill up the room with a fresh and cool breeze
- One-touch thermostat – The one-touch thermostat sets and controls the speed of the fan to your desired temperature for comfortable air flow.
- Reversible airflow – Each blade fan can be independently reversed to either intake or exhaust the air. This ensures the inflow of fresh air and outflow of stale or hot air.
- Expendable screen – The fan fits almost all windows with its expandable screen feature that is perfect for both slider and double-hung windows
- Energy efficiency – You will save on energy with 60% less consumption.
The Holmes HAWF-2041fan is powered electronically with a reversible motor. The fan is designed for comfort. Enjoy cooler and fresher breeze by setting and controlling the fan with its control thermostat. The thermostat helps you to choose your comfort level. It works quietly and efficiently. The fan fits in perfectly into a window space that is at least 25 inches wide and 12 inches height. It has a removal panel and extended screen that is adjustable with two fans that function independently. It is water-resistant.
- Easy control with thermostat – With three-speed settings, you can use the thermostat to control the speed of the fan to experience fresher air cooling solution to your satisfaction.
- Dual blade – The fan operates with two blades and reversible motors ensuring there is air intake or exchange
- Water-resistant – The fan is made with water-resistant motors, meaning your comfort won’t stop even if it is raining.
- Adjustable extender screen – The adjustable extender screen and panel supports the installation of the fan perfectly when being mounted on larger windows
- Fitting for different windows – The fan is designed to fit most slider and double-hung windows.
The Bionaire BWF0522M brings superb cooling to your home with powerful reversible airflow feature. It comes with a control thermostat in order to adjust or set the fan to your comfort level. The fan is quiet and energy-efficient. It shuts off automatically when the desired temperature is reached thereby conserving energy. The fan has manual controls. The Bionaire BWF0522M fan is a lot more powerful with more air velocity when compared with other window fans. It can be fixed horizontally or vertically. The fan is very ideal for larger rooms.
- Comfort thermostat – Choose your comfort zone with the Comfort Thermostat. With three speed settings, you can choose your comfort level with ease.
- More powerful – The fan delivers greater cooling with its three independent fans.
- Extender screens – The extender screen feature makes the
- Reversible airflow – You can manually reverse the fan in order to get more fresh and cool air and at the same time let out hot and stale air to get the perfect cooling temperature you desire.
The Lasko electric window fan is a 16-inch, three blades energy-efficient fan with quiet operation. The fan is designed to fit most windows. There is a slider panel on each side of the fan in order to perfectly fit any window size that falls within the range of 26.5 inches to 34.5 inches wide and 22 inches height. It comes with reversible technology which allows you to make a choice of either extracting air from your room to create a cooler airflow or extract cooler breeze from outside. The fan has no thermostat.
- Quiet operation – The fan is noiseless and operates efficiently
- Storm guard – The storm guard is a safety feature that enables you to shut the window behind the fan when the weather becomes stormy or rainy.
- Easy to operate – With three-speed settings, you can easily select the speed that suits you to enjoy fresh cool air always
- Easy to install – There are no complications at all when it comes to installation. The fan is lightweight and easy to mount with the support of side extender panels.
- Three blades – With three powerful blades, unparallel home cooling is what you get.
Get relief from bad weather condition with the Bionaire Thin Window fan. Enjoy well-purified air and be at ease always. You hardly notice it is working because it is ultra-quiet and energy-efficient too. It comes with digital thermostat for you to select your comfort level choosing from the three-speed settings. The digital controls are on both sides making it convenient for you to adjust the settings. What’s more? The fan is designed to fit almost all window sizes. It is a basement fan as well. It is meant to fit windows of between 25.5 inches x 8 inches. It has three independently-controlled fans meant to deliver satisfactory air cooling solution. It comes with reversible technology which allows you to have cool and fresh air intake and exhaust hot and stale air. The dual locking extender screens help to support the fan very firmly when installed. This is personalized comfort at its best.
- Reversible airflow – You can manually reverse the fan to release fresh cool air, exhaust hot and stale air at the same time in order to saturate your room with the freshest and the coolest breeze for your comfort
- Perfect fit windows – The fan fits perfectly for most of the windows especially double-hung windows.
- Digital thermostat – With the control thermostat, you are able to select the setting that is most comfortable for you out of the three-speed settings
- Extender panels – The extender panels are meant to expand the width of the fan to 17 cm to 22 cm to fit wide windows
- Super quiet – The fan is one of the quietest window fans. There are no noisy disturbances and its functionality is great.
- Better cooling system – Enjoy cooler breeze with 40% greater air velocity to give you soothing comfort all the time
Using a whole house fan like the Air King 9166F is one great way to reduce temperature and humidity in your home without using an expensive air-conditioner. This fan works perfectly by sending hot and humid air out of your apartment and releases cool and fresh air from outside to fill up your home. This is not your regular window fan. It is a large exhaust fan with a powerful cooling system for your complete comfort. With three speed settings, you can choose the lowest setting and still enjoy cool and breezy temperature. It may become a bit noisy if you choose the highest setting. The fan is built strong with an energy-efficient motor that consumes less electricity thereby helping you to save cost on electricity bills. The powerful motor helps the fan to deliver the perfect cooling temperature with quicker air circulation. It is affordable, durable and easy to install. The fan is well suited for both small and big rooms. It is made with impact-resistant plastic housing; powder coated steel front grill and blade.
- Three-speed settings – Choosing your cooling comfort level is easy with the three-speed settings. Whether you choose high, medium or low, you are sure to enjoy a great air cooling solution that soothes you always
- Storm guard system – The storm guard system ensures you can easily shut your window behind the fan in case of a bad weather
- Easy control – The fan comes with a front-end mounted control system for ease of speed selection
- Window fitness – The fan fits window openings that fall within the range of 27 inches to 38 inches wide and 25.26 inches height
- High-quality motor – The fan is equipped with a high-quality motor for top-notch functionality. The high-grade motor means high-velocity air circulation all the time
Quality air and perfect cooling of your home cannot be compromised during the hot seasons. The Bionaire BWF0502M-WM is made to ease you when the temperature is hot. This fan provides you with a cool and purified breeze. With the reversible airflow feature, you are at liberty to invite cool fresh air into your home or drive out hot stale air in order to have cooler air circulation. It comes with an adjustable thermostat to choose your preferred settings out of the three speed settings. The thermostat stores your previous settings when the fan is turned off. But if it is unplugged, the setting is reset. With the built-in adjustable extender, the screen can expand to fit larger windows. It comes with slider safe extender panels which offer solid support for vertical-style installation. The fan is 25% more compact and 40% more powerful with greater air velocity that provides unrivalled cooling of your room.
- Reversible airflow – The fan can be manually reversed for the intake of fresh cool air or exhaust hot and stale air
- Control thermostat – Use the manual thermostat to control how cool you want your room to be. With 3-speed settings, you can choose high, medium or low. Whatever the settings, you are bound to enjoy great air comfort
- Easy to install – The fan is super easy to install. It can be installed horizontally or vertically.
- Extender screen – The extender screen works perfectly to make the fan fit most wide windows
The CCC Comfort Zone Twin Window fan with remote control is a fan with a powerful motor to make you feel comfortable during bad weather by dissipating hot air and allowing the intake of cool breeze into your home. It comes with a three-speed settings feature and 9-inch turbo blades to make it a perfect cooling system for your comfort. It operates efficiently and quietly too. With three-speed settings, choosing your comfort zone is made easy. The remote control gives you the power to control the fan speed, function and direction. The three reversible fan functions allow you to choose air intake, exhaust or circulate for cooler and fresher air. The feet of the fan can be removed for table-top use making it a versatile fan. The fan is made to fit most windows.
- Three fan functions – Whether you choose cool, exhaust or circulate, you will still be in your comfort zone enjoying cool and nourished air
- Expandable feature – The fan has an expandable feature that makes it fit for windows that are within the range of 23.5 inches to 37.0 inches wide
- Reversible feature – The fan is electronically reversible with three-speed push button for easy control and comfort
- Convertible feature – The feet of the fan can be pulled out and converted to a table-top fan
- Easy to install – The fan is super easy to install. It is easy to use too.
- High velocity – With high velocity, it means you will enjoy faster cooling within a short period of turning on the fan.
What to Consider before Buying the Best Window Fan
Fan size –
Before you purchase a window fan, the first thing you need to consider is the size of the fan. A big window fan doesn’t necessarily mean better cooling. Smaller window fans can circulate air pretty quickly than big ones. A small window fan with bigger blades will move air faster than a big fan with smaller blades. You need to measure the size of your window and look for the fan that fits your window size perfectly. Also, consider the inner measurement of the window in order to have the best fit. If you have a window that is out of shape, you may have to rebuild the window size to fit the fan you intend to purchase. Alternatively, you may need some more mounting items to install your window fan for a perfect fit. And if you have windows that are of different sizes, you shouldn’t have a problem finding window fans that are already custom-made for windows of different sizes and shapes.
Fan placement –
Proper placement of your window fan will make it work more efficiently. A wrong placement will make you feel like the fan is faulty from day one. Many usually choose the room with the largest window believing that more air can be pulled in through larger windows if all spaces are well closed up. This is a wrong consideration. What is important is the wind direction. The best way to maximize the use of a window fan is to place it where there is constant wind. This ensures better and quicker cooling. The wind is used to complement the existing airflow. But if you live in an area where wind flow is not consistent, you may need to invest in windows fan with a reversible feature which automatically draws in air and push out stale air depending on the direction of the air. Another option to adopt is to place more than one fan in your room. You can place an exhaust fan in warmer rooms.
Fan safety –
Safety is paramount when installing window fans. Consider the safety of children when installing window fans. Don’t place the fan too low to reach the hand of children. This may cause injury. The fan must not be installed at the expense of family safety. Don’t install an inward blowing window fan without its protective screen. This could be very dangerous. Always read the instructions on the fan before installation. Do not use the fan for the purpose it was never meant for. This can damage the fan too early. Always ensure that the fan is static.
How to install a window fan?
Installing a window fan can effectively cool your room especially when the air outside is cooler than the one inside. Aside from that, window fans consume less energy. A window fan has a built-in thermostat that automatically turns off the fan when the temperature reaches the set point and turns on itself when the temperature rises above the set point. There are no tools required for installing a window fan. Most of the window fans are able to fit perfectly on the double-hung windows frame. When installing the fan, you have to lift up the lower window frame and place the fan well into the window frame. Lower the fan carefully to ensure that the fan sits well and ensure it is supported by the window frame.
Watch this video by Mike Mu on How to Install a Window Fan:
Hey, what’s happening guys? Michael here.
So some people have asked me about the
insulation of the window fan on the
window I personally felt like it was
pretty straightforward but I realized
that if you’ve never installed one
before you’re a little bit anxious about
getting something that is shipped over
to you maybe from Amazon please use my
links down below by the way then maybe
you want to have a little bit better
idea about how this is to install all
right there are these tulips right here
basically the frame of the window goes
in between these two slots right over
here and I want to say it’s a it’s got
about like three inches of clearance and
with those three inches it gives you a
lot of room in order to attach it to a
window maybe to has a frame or maybe it
has a thick window frame or maybe a
window that has a screen so it just
slides on right in through there and on
the bottom there is no such thing down
there because you don’t really need one
this just kind of hits up against the
the frame itself so someone asked well
what about screens how to keep the bugs
and everything out well this is a very
basic bug screen of course it’s not
going to keep mosquitoes out if they’re
able to get through there and if you
actually don’t have a screen on the
window then I recommend that you can
actually a simple hack to do something
like that is to actually just go to your
local Home Depot or Lowe’s and just get
the get a window screen and just cut it
to fit and just tape it on there I’ve
used basically duct tape works out to be
okay all right so I’m gonna go ahead and
stick this over here on this window I’m
going to zoom now out a little bit so
you can see how this works you want to
make sure that the measurements fit out
just fine the minimum clearance that you
have is gonna be right around 20 about
two feet 24 inches just basically open
like so place your unit just right along
the window just put it up right along
the edge and there’s plenty of clearance
this is just resting on the windowsill
and this top part over here as that lip
so I’m gonna go ahead and zoom in here
and use my control panel and zoom in
there and so you can maybe see a little
bit better there see
this lip right over here the windowsill
is just gonna go right on top of that so
it’s usually better if you have two
people but this is all you got to do is
just put it right on top of that so the
window frame over here just goes right
on top like so all right now obviously
that is not a little not ideal there’s a
little bit of gaps right here a little
bit of gap over here you can adjust this
to expand the cover it a little bit more
but it’s not necessary gonna be a
perfect insulation on all windows
basically you’re trying to cover this as
much as you can now this is gonna be
more of a permanent insulation let’s say
directly on top of you know the whole
summer or so you’re gonna leave it here
then you can think of some other ways to
cover that area a little bit better if
you want to do something that is less of
a hack job you can just go to Home Depot
and pick up maybe some pieces of wood
and cut it to the frame so it fits that
precisely basically after you install
this or once you get the measurements
about how this is gonna go you can
either go get some wood or so you just
go to your local 99-cent store buy a
bunch of foam core foam board you can
double it up if you like and basically
just cut it to fit and fit it in that
spot note that this isn’t gonna really
do really well in a wet environment
obviously with the 99-cent store at
least it’s not laminated on here I
suppose you can spray some weather
proofing on here usually I just got a
piece of wood and just go ahead and cut
it like so but I find that generally if
you’re just gonna temporarily install it
using the built-in fins actually works
out pretty well and as long as you cover
most of it you’re generally gonna be
alright and the idea is basically just
to prevent air from coming in and out
vents so that it does the best in terms
of sucking in air or blowing it right
out okay that’s it for this video thanks
for watching please like and subscribe
for more and I’ll catch you in the next one.
How to use a window fan?
Using a window fan is not rocket science. If you want the fan to last, you must learn how to use a window fan effectively. These are the Dos and Don’ts of a window fan.
- The more, the merrier – The number of fans that you install in your home would determine how cool your home would be. Try to set up an equal number of in-blowing and out-blowing fans in larger rooms. This helps to create a lot more cooling pressure inside the home. This also helps prevent bugs from entering your home.
- Proper positioning – Proper positioning matters when installing your window fans. Always position the inward-blowing fans on the shady part of the building and the out-blowing fans on the sunny part of the building. Strategic positioning of the fan is very germane.
- Size is important – As a matter of choice, it makes sense to go for the largest-sized fan in the market so as to fit your windows properly. Ensure that you block the open-air cavities on both sides of the fan. Normally, this aspect should be taken care of by the installer of the window fans.
- Avoid installation in waste areas – It is not proper to situate your window fans near the waste or parking areas. Doing this would help you from inhaling unpleasant odour or toxic vehicle exhaust fumes that are unhealthy for your body.
- Check your furniture – Using window fans can cause fluctuations in temperature. Extreme temperatures can affect your furniture or musical instruments like the piano. It makes sense to closely watch these items when you are using window fans.
How to clean a window fan?
Cleaning a window fan at least once in a year is a part of the maintenance of the fan. Periodic cleaning of a window fan is very important because window fans gather a lot of dust and grease over time. Cleaning the window fan helps to improve the functionality of the fan. Here is how to clean your window fan.
Unplug the fan and remove the grill
To avoid electric shock, do not clean a fan when it is still plugged in. Remove it from the plug before cleaning. Place the fan on a flat surface before you start the cleaning. Unscrew the grill of the fan with a screwdriver if the grill is screwed up. If the grill is held together by a release button, press the button to free up the grill and carefully pull it out.
Clean up the fan blades and fix the grill
Make a mild soap solution, deep a soft cloth in the soap solution and start to clean the blades in a circulation motion. Don’t allow water to drip into the mechanism of the fan. Make sure you dry the blades completely with another dry towel before using the fan. Clean the grill too. Then, return the grill and secure it properly and plug the fan to start using it.
Italian girl makes this nice video on How to clean window fans below:
Hi guys, tell young girl here today I’m
going to show you how to clean your
fans with this
you get this at the dollar store works
great let me show you these aren’t
extremely dirty I don’t know if you can
see but they are dirty anyway I spray on
with this awesome oh yeah now you can
see the dirt and the grime okay then I
and spray it again
the stuff is slowing back on me anyway
to see how dirty I spray everything I do
the same to this climate I don’t have to
wash my legs when I’m done
you can see the dirt spray the other
sidings and dirtiness
my uncle does this or no he doesn’t do
this he takes them a part and I’ve told
him don’t take them apart just spray
them with awesome and then take the hose
to him I know you guys are gonna think
don’t matter be at the motor so these
are gonna set for like a week outdoorsy
Sun and dry okay hold on
of course you wouldn’t want to put this
today you make sure all the cleaning
agents get out of it okay now we’re
going to go to this one
this awesome looks great on ceiling fans
too but you can’t use a hose obviously
you know it’s down this side
you already see how clean this
and these dry up will be like brand-new
I got a part this part up here gets
let’s go to the other side okay so we’re
closing down by the time you’re done
doing this no scrubbing no waiting
you just have to make sure they dry out
really good and your fans will be like
okay to plug them back in once they dry
here tonight dog comes out here
if they’re gonna hit us soon summer here
I live in LA up in Washington area and
we don’t get much summer here
okay how clean this fan is now it’s
it’s like brand-new now it just has to
sit the Sun for like three days four
days the longer the better
here is this one after
it’s all clean like brand-new
so yeah that’s how you clean ceiling to
our window fans okay guys if you liked
this video subscribe if you don’t
subscribe anyway and don’t forget to hit
that like button for me thanks bye
have a good day everyone.
How to Clean and Service Holmes Twin Window Fan?
2021 twin window fan today we’re going
to be cleaning and servicing this unit
these are notoriously difficult to take
apart so I’m going to go through this
slowly and show the whole thing on video
maybe I’ll do this this video twice I’ll
do a full-length video which will be
this one and then I’ll do another video
which will be like the quick version so
I’ll go quick through all the long parts
so the first thing we got to do is
remove the screws there’s two screws
right here at the bottom and there’s two
screws on the side here
and I’m not sure what the deal is with
us they’re just like something in a way
of this swirl hole but there’s a screw
here there’s a screw here up at the top
there’s a middle yeah there’s one final
screw date here we should know well we
have a total of one two three one five
seven one two three four five six screw
number seven meters not coming out of
there well whatever it’s not gonna come
out by itself so at this point it will
split open oh I missed a screw there’s
one screw up at the top as well
it will split open and if I recall
correctly I read something in the manual
for this once what Ray said just to
split it apart this far and there’s
reaching and clean it like that
now I think that’s absolutely the
Roenick not be doing that
I mean it’s moronic as in like the wait
the that’s the theory fine I supposed to
clean these things if you really don’t
like to take things apart and this is
not for you perhaps that’ll be good
enough you can kind of reach under the
blades and clean them off you know if
you’re okay with that then that works
but that’s not working for me so the
next thing we have to do in order to get
it taken apart all the way is to remove
these clips and this this is where it
gets very difficult because these clips
are not meant to come off so what I like
to do is I put a screwdriver underneath
here and you can see it let’s see if we
can get this in in the view here now
it’s kind of dark but you can kind of
see there where the tab comes down right
in the middle of the screen what I’m
gonna do is I’m going to try to put a
screwdriver under here and push that tab
up and out towards the top of the fan
and then eventually out this hole here
like that and it’ll come apart it’s not
super easy but you can you can get them
off let’s do the same thing over here
push up and away towards the top of the
this one’s been all more stubborn there
okay you get through that that’s the
worst part of it and now this whole
thing comes apart and this you can put
in the dishwasher pressure washer it
whatever you want to do what it’s all
just plastic they’re easy to clean
blades sometimes they just pull off at
the times not if not which is the case
here there is a little thing on there I
guess it’s like a spring type thing and
that we just pull up with a screwdriver
that will release some of the tension
that’s on the blade up against the shaft
and that should let us pull the blade
off a little more easily
okay there we go there’s that and again
you can put this in a dishwasher
pressure wash it I’m gonna soak this an
ammonia Dee and then rinse it off in the
bathtub cuz it’s cold outside blade
number one you get blade number two here
this should just kind of come out of
here like that you can get this wet and
clean this as well so now what I’m going
to do is I’m going to pull all the
motors and electronics out of here so we
got two screws down here holding the
and the switch just comes out it’s not
really healthy place on this particular
one on off some of these are a little
bit different over the years but a
little hook here that’s holding the
wires in so I’m just going to pull that
back pull the wires through same thing
on the other side and then once that’s
done this switch is not really held in
place by anything so that just kind of
comes out the cord has little notches
that it fits in cuz I angled off to the
side and then pull it up and then I’ll
come out of there so now all this left
to do is unscrew the motors which is the
two the two screws that are okay now you
look at it closest to the middle not the
ones up here on the bearings that dealt
to these two will remove the motors
oops wrong screws
so now we can pull this out and all this
stuff you can just wash with soap and
water garden hose bathtub dishwasher
whatever we want to do so I’ll take that
upstairs and clean it out now the other
thing I’m going to do here I’m going to
service the motors they’re a little bit
dirty they could fare to be cleaned off
so I’m going to take a small brush and
I’m just going to wipe off the excess
dust from here ideally you could blow
these off with compressed air that’s
usually the easiest way to do it for
this will work too now I’m just getting
that a major accumulations off don’t
have to make it perfect but when you get
a lot of dust accumulating it blocks the
air flow on the motor and then it can
run hot and fail prematurely so you do
want to keep this clean
you have to wash this brush afterwards
this isn’t good enough three this
there’s like a kind of an oily stuff on
here I don’t know what that is
all right so now I want to clean and oil
the bearings so we’re going to do now is
I’ll just sort show one of these on
video because it’s the same procedure
take a set of pliers and there’s a
little clip on here I’m gonna pull that
clip off actually I may not be able to
use pliers because there’s no there we
go just gonna pull this clip off and
then you can see there’s hair on here so
I’m gonna remove the hair you don’t want
that on there
and now I’m gonna undo these screws
and this should just pull apart like
that and don’t mistake the orientation
on this because if you put it in the
other way it’ll spin the wrong direction
so make sure it’s it’s just like that so
this is the rear bearing this is the
front bearing this may or may not come
off of here
it’s not gonna cooperate so great so
what’s happened here is I guess when
they cut in the sole groove in there it
kind of wasn’t totally flat and so it’s
a little bit there’s something on there
it’s protruding in the way of that
coming off so I’m gonna take my knees
here then I’m just gonna go along here
and try to file this down if you can see
where the problem is you can focus on
that spot but I can’t tell where it is
it must be very small. This is not cooperating at all
all right let’s bend some more time on
this off video okay so that’s what now
there’s some dust on here so we’ll go
ahead and clean it out
there’s no test time here as well get
that out of there
okay I forgot where I was because I had
to go do something else for a minute
anyways I think we were gonna clean the
bearings now so take a piece of cloth
here I’m going to roll it up like this
I’m gonna put this in here
pull this through and kind of turn it as
I pull it through and this should give
us a good clean bearing now I’ll go
ahead and do the same thing with the
now this this step is not totally
necessary you can just oil it and it’s
probably good enough okay now we’re
gonna clean the shaft off
you can see all the old gummed up oil
that’s on here we want to make sure we
get all that off that’s going to degrade
the performance of the water
all right that’s all cleaned up now so
we’re gonna oil it now this is the oil
we’re going to use this is three in one
oil say 20 and this is specifically for
so what I’m gonna do here is I’m going
to put a drop of oil in the rear bearing
actually know what he’s bearing his name
so I’ll just put some oil in this
bearing and I’m gonna put this bearing
back in place I’m going to put this
shaft inside there and that should spin
you’re printing a spinning world to me
well and now for the front I’m gonna put
some oil all along here because it’s got
to slide all the way on I want this lay
down as easily as possible
actually not before we do that this
washer in here is a little bit dirty
let’s go ahead and wipe down this washer
actually these were quite dirty
that’s good these all cleaned up as well
alone as far we might as well do with
Dori away get everything all cleaned up
more wheel on there
spinning pretty freely
and this is gonna have some trouble
getting over there but there it goes
snap that back into place and it should
be pretty good so now what I’m going to
do is I’m going to put a drop of oil a
couple drops of oil inside here
and I put some oil on the back as well
we kind of move the shaft back and
forward here to get the oil early in
there and now we’re gonna put the screws
I’m going to try to make these screws
pretty equivalent in terms of how tight
they are doesn’t have to be super tight
just snug okay and it may or may not be
spinning freely at this point it’s not
really someone take a screwdriver and
just kind of tap the shaft a little bit
this is just going to get the bearings
into a line then kind of move it around
like this all that – now I want those
bearings to free up
I think that’s pretty good so this for
comparative purposes actually I’ll get
the Blaine’s out just so you can see
that this did actually make a difference
so here’s the non serviced motor and
here’s the service lawyer
so you can see it does it does work a
fair bit better so well actually these
motors weren’t that bad honestly
in terms of need to be oiled so I’m
going to go ahead and do the other one
off video and then we’ll come back and
put everything back together the wait
there’s actually one more thing here we
got to put this clip back on so this
clip goes right in that notch on the
shaft just kind of push it on there like
that there may be a tool that exists to
get those on and off easier I don’t have
it if there is so that’s just how I do
it and it works okay all the parts have
been cleaned we’re ready to begin the
reassembly process now we’re going to
start with the front piece and we’re
going to sit the motors in police and it is important that you put the
wires back onto the clip and in all the
guides so that it doesn’t come loose is
some plane and have an encounter with
the blade the wiring goes on top of the
fan like that or a nub of the switch
rather and this fits in between here
like this let’s meet that’s kind of the crazy
design but – I don’t know anyways that’s
how it goes okay that’s that this wire is very stiff
it’s kinda difficult to get banking
please alright so let’s get the strain
relief back on there
all right and you know screwing the
motors and you’ll want to screw these in too
aggressively because they’re going into
plastic threads so there’s definitely
potential for something getting screwed
up I definitely wouldn’t use like a
power draw or anything on this all right
let’s give it a quick test just to make
sure that motors are both running okay
they’re both running and they’re running
in the same direction okay I’ll put the
fan blade on you can bleed number one
and family number two all right let’s do another test
all right they’re both spinning freely
certainly one more than the other a bit
but I find that kind of annoying but
we’re now getting this thing back on
this piece here this all small space has
to clip on to these three pieces here
and the switch it will get held in place
once the back cover goes on it just gets
held in place by the force of the covers
being against each other okay
that’s yeah this is working so now we’re
going to screw it back together it
doesn’t really snap into place or
anything it just kind of sits there
and I will cut this for a video
all right now all that’s left to do is
let these crazy clip things back on and
they go on a lot easier than they came
actually I may not be tired Sherpa don’t
remember yeah that one how much is your
so now if this is working properly and
you’ve closed them should stay out so it
blocks the you know exit of your window
is wider than the fan is this will cover
the empty space so that the air goes
completely through the window and not
around the side of the van all right so
what was that up and now we’ll do one
more final test
it’s pretty clean now start off a low
definitely moving a lot more air than it
was before , and hi, so there we go with about 45 minutes
time you have yourself a fan that is in
good as new working in cosmetic
How to oil air-conditioner fan motor?
Air-conditioners depend on fans to pull in air through its condenser coils so as to easily dissipate heat. The fans gather specks of dust over time. This is why fan air-conditioner motor requires periodic oiling to keep it functional for a longer timer. It makes sense to oil the fans at the start of any cooling system. It is also an opportunity to check the fan blades and its motor. Below is what you need to do before oiling your air-conditioner fan motor:
- Turn of the power – Air conditioners have high-voltage. As such, you would need to turn off the air conditioner before you go into the compressor cabinet. If the air-conditioner has a breaker, it makes sense to turn it off from the breaker. Ensure that you turn it off from the two sources. Be very careful because air-conditioners have high-voltage capacitors that hold electricity even when it is turned off. Do not go into the unit unless you are sure of where the capacitor is situated.
How to oil?
Air-conditioning units are never the same. This is why you have to strictly follow the manufacturer’s instructions for oiling the unit. Make use of high-quality oil made for speed motor shafts and bearings. Avoid using oil laced with detergents like the oil made for cars.
- Turn off the A/C as mentioned earlier from the two sources
- Remove the cover of the compressor or condenser. The fan motor is situated at the underside of the compressor cover. Use a screwdriver to unscrew the nuts.
- Turn the cover upside down to see the ports on the fan motor. Check the fan blades too.
- There is a plug covering the oil port. Remove the plug
- Drop some oil into each port of the oil. Wipeout overflowing oil properly
- Return the plugs into the ports
How to use a box fan on a window?
Box fans are usually square-sized compact fan that can be used on the window. Box fans have fast-spinning blades for air circulation that provides a quick cooling effect. It is portable making it easy to be placed in an open window or on the floor. You can place the fan outwardly or inwardly depending on the level of the heat outside and the temperature inside.
When you use one fan:
If you intend to use just one fan, turning the fan in or out will be dependent on the temperature outside. If you have a cooler temperature outside than the temperature inside the room, then, you would have to let the fan face inside so as to blow in cool air. This can be done in the night or morning when the air outside is cooler. As the temperature gets warmer later in the day, you have to turn the fan to face out the window in order to drive out warm air in the room.
When using two fans:
If you have two box fans, you can use them for cross-ventilation. Open one window and place the fan there facing out. Then, open the opposite window and place the fan facing out. This helps to enhance air circulation.
You can never go wrong with window fans. Window fans are highly economical and they consume less energy when compared with energy-hungry air-conditioners. Set yourself free from hot and humid temperatures and move into comfort with breezy window fans for your utmost satisfaction. The Bionaire Window Fans would be a great choice because of its water-resistant feature. This makes the brand a top-notch product made for durability. The use of thermostats for these Bionaire Fans will make life a lot easier. As such, we highly recommend Bionaire Window Fans because of its superior cooling and high-quality performance. It is high time you went for window fans to save more and enjoy the ultra-cooling solution.