What type of shed is best for storing tools and equipments?
This is the usual question and I guess you are asking the same question too, right?
Well, let’s face the reality
- You would want something strong and durable.
- You would want a shed that won’t store rain water and
- You want something that can secure your properties
If all that is right, then, what you need is a metal shed. Metal sheds are rust-resistant and last longer than wooden sheds. Read on as we review the 10 best metal shed.
Top 10 Metal Sheds Comparisons in 2020
The comparison table below gives you a birds-eye view of the 10 best metal sheds. Carefully looking at the comparison table will effectively aid your choice.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Best Metal Sheds Reviews for 2020
- 1. Arrow Hamlet shed
- 2. Storboss Mountaineer MHD Storage Shed
- 3. Arrow Oakbrook High Gable Steel Shed
- 4. Arrow Brentwood Steel
- 5. Arrow Newburgh Eggshell
- 6. Click-Well 5×3 Metal Storage Shed
- 7. Arrow AR108 Arlington Storage Shed
- 8. Arrow EZEE 6’x5’ Steel Storage Shed
- 9. Arrow EZEE 10’x8’ Steel Storage Shed Charcoal
- 10. Outsunny Outdoor Backyard Metal Shed
- What to consider when buying the best metal shed in 2020
- FAQs on Best Metal Sheds in 2020
- Final Verdict
Top 10 Best Metal Sheds Reviews for 2020
It is an open secret that a steel storage shed is stronger than a wooden shed. Despite the fact that they are lightweight, metal sheds are tough enough to withstand harsh weather conditions. They can be used to store different items such as lawnmowers, bikes, garden tools, toys, cars, etc. Choosing the right shed can be a herculean task. Here is a review of the best metal sheds so as to make a good choice.
This metal shed is made of electro-galvanized steel. It is water-resistant. It is also resistant to rust and corrosion. It has a sloped roof to discourage the storage of rain water. The sliding doors provide easy access in and out of the shed. It has a door opening of about 58 inches high. This metal shed is perfectly suitable for both indoor and outdoor storage purposes. When it comes to assembly, the Arrow Hamlet Shed is super easy to assemble because the parts are already pre-cut and pre-drilled thereby reducing human labour. This is a compact and economical storage system for your yard. With pad-lockable doors, you are sure that your items are safe and secure. The anchoring kit protects the shed from turbulent winds and damage. Anchoring kit is sold separately.
Here is a bigger size of this model: Arrow 8′ x 6′ Hamlet Storage Shed.
- Easy storage – This shed provides 142 cubic feet of storage making it very convenient to be set up in smaller areas
- Superb design – With a sloped steel roof, the design is made to avoid the storage of rain
- Durable – This shed is produced with electro-galvanized steel making it very strong and durable
- Water-resistant – The shed is completely water-resistant. It is resistant to corrosion and protects against rot, UV rays and adverse weather conditions
- Safe & secure – It has pad-lockable doors making your items safe and secure against theft.
This multi-purpose storage shed has plenty of storage space. It comes with big door openings. This shed is roomy enough to store a car. It is suitable for a workshop too. It is capable of withstanding heavy snow load. It can withstand harsher weather conditions than other metal sheds since it is made with hot-piped, electro-galvanized steel. It comes in the high-quality enamel paint finish. The steel panel thickness is 15% thicker than the average steel. With 8 foot wide double re-inforced swing outdoors, you are sure of easy access to store valuable items. This is not just a metal shed; it is a building in itself.
- Spacious enough – The shed is spacious enough to store your car by driving it in. Its 8 feet swinging door is wide enough to store heavy machinery and equipment including a boat.
- 100% galvanized steel – It is made with 100% Hot Dipped Galvanized (HDG) steel so as to effectively fight corrosion
- High gable roof – The high gable roof alongside the steel trusses material make the head of the roof very roomy
- Wide doors – The wide doors are of great benefit. They provide easy access to vehicles and other items
- Weather-resistant – The shed is water-resistant and can also withstand bad weather conditions
When it comes to set up, building a metal shed using the Arrow Oakbrook Storage Shed is all about convenience. The shed features a high gable roof that provides more storage space for your items. There is enough headroom to store more with ease. Assembly is snappy because the parts are pre-drilled and pre-cut. The shed has wide door opening allowing you to access any needed item. It is 769 cubic feet; this is enough to store such as lawnmower, bicycles, gardening tools and other overflowing items in your home. The shed is attractive with alluring eggshell and taupe colour scheme to give your exterior an aesthetic look that you have always wanted. This shed is produced with top-notch materials. This is a great backyard storage system for anyone who needs an ideal metal shed.
- Corrosive resistant – This shed is built with well treated electro-galvanized steel in order to perfectly resist corrosion
- Water-resistant – The shed is water-resistant. It is protected against extreme weather conditions. It is also protected from rot, UV-rays and insects.
- High gable roof – There is enough headroom since the roof is designed in high gable roof style
- Pad-lockable door – The shed has pad-lockable sliding doors so as to ensure your valuable items are safe and secure
- Ease of set up – This is a DIY assembly since the parts have been pre-cut and pre-drilled.
A portable outdoor metal shed is what is ideal for you if you have fewer items to store. This is why an Arrow Shed like this one is a good choice if you are looking for something portable. This 5 x 4 feet storage shed is versatile and stylish too. It is 93 cubic feet and 4 feet in depth. This shed can be conveniently stored at a corner in your home. The Brentwood Shed would blend perfectly with your home exteriors since the shed is made in taupe and coffee finish.
- Electro-galvanized steel – The shed is built with electro-galvanized steel with zinc treatment making it difficult for the shed to become corrosive.
- Long lasting – The steel construction is made with galvanized steel making it capable of resisting terrible weather conditions, rot and insects.
- Locking door – The shed has a pad-lockable door to guarantee the safety and security of your items.
- Easy assembly and set up – It is easy to assemble and set up this shed because the parts are pre-cut and pre-drilled.
The Newburgh Storage Shed is powerfully made with low gable reinforced steel for great stability. The steel construction is made with electro-galvanized steel so as to resist rot, insects and bad weather. It has a 60 inches tall wall for ease of accessing the shed. This Newburgh Shed is perfect for keeping items like lawnmowers, bicycles and other equipment. The shed looks attractive with sliding doors for easy entry and exit. The shed’s door opening measures 4×7 inches wide and comes pad-lockable. Assembling the shed is simple due to the fact that the parts are already pre-cut and pre-drilled by the manufacturer. It is important to note that the padlock and anchoring kit is sold separately.
- Electro-galvanized steel – The galvanized steel is treated with zinc to make it withstand rot, insects, harsh weather and corrosion.
- Low gable roof – The shed has a low gable reinforced steel roof to ensure the shed is stable
- Safety & security – It comes with a pad-lockable sliding door to keep stored items safe and secured
- Appealing exterior – This shed makes your exterior very appealing because of its neutral palette eggshell and coffee finish
- Great for small spaces – The shed serves a good purpose in smaller backyards for the easy storage of gardening tools.
This is mainly a low-profile horizontal metal storage shed ideal for storing the lawnmower, trash, garden tools, firewood, etc. The shed is made durable with galvanized steel. It comes with a protective roof door. This is a water-resistant shed built for outdoor purpose. Water is unable to store on the roof when it rains because there is drainage constructed beneath the top of the roof.
- Thicker galvanized steel – The metal shed is constructed with thicker galvanized steel making it strong and durable. This makes it rust-resistant.
- Safe to set up – To minimize injury, the sharp edges of the metal shed have been well folded during fabrication to guarantee safety during installation.
- Easy assembly – Since the parts for assembling the shed are already pre-cut and pre-drilled, this makes set up so easy and convenient.
- Great finish – The creamy finish complements the exterior so well.
The Arlington Storage Shed is superb for storing items such as sports gears, garden tools, lawnmower and other outdoor equipment. A large door opening makes it more suitable for storing larger items. Its gable roof style provides for more headroom for storing items like a truck. The sliding doors are very much pad-lockable. This ensures the safety and security of your precious items. Assembling the shed is much quicker because all the parts needed are pre-cut and pre-drilled. Made with durable galvanized steel, your items now have a suitable home.
- Easy to assemble – Readily made pre-cut and pre-drilled parts make assembling so easy to accomplish.
- High gable roof – The high gable roof construction provides enough headroom.
- Lasting paint finish – The shed’s enamel paint finish gives your exterior an outstanding look.
- 440 cubic feet – With 440 cubic feet, you cannot complain about space not being enough for your items.
- Mid-mall brace – To ensure shed’s stability, the shed is fitted with a mid-wall brace.
- Strong & durable – Since the shed is built with galvanized steel, strength and durability are assured.
EZEE is a stylish and modern outdoor storage shed for easy storage of your important items. Its attractiveness is a great complete for your home exteriors because it is colour palette finish is pleasing to the eye. Reinforced steel makes the shed’s wall sturdy and durable. It is built strong to resist damage. Assembly is faster than other metal sheds because of its Snap-It Quick Assembly system. This shed is well framed ensuring there are no exposed panels. It provides more headroom to create much more needed storage space. There are gable vents for proper ventilation. This helps to reduce humidity during the hot seasons. It has pad-lockable handles made of steel. The steel is zinc-treated to resist corrosion. The swing doors allow for easy access to your items. The doors have three hinges to ensure durability.
- Stronger shed – This shed is two times stronger than the other sheds because the panels overlap at every 12 inches making the shed thicker and increasing its strength.
- Better handles – The improved steel door handle is zinc plated to withstand corrosion and rust. The handle is also pad-lockable thereby helping to make your items safe.
- Easy to assemble – The metal shed is super easy to assemble. Just put the panels in place; bond the panels and the walls for a stronger shed.
EZEE Charcoal has a design that is two times stronger than other sheds. Making it a durable metal shed. It is made with electro-galvanized steel to resist rust. This shed can serve as a mower shed. It is also impact-resistant thereby having less damage and dents. The Snap-It Quick Assembly system ensures the shed is set up in no time. This helps to cut down on assembly time by 50%. The attractive swing door guarantees quick entry and exit to stored items. The gable roof enhances ventilation and air circulation. The wall is 72 square feet tall providing more headroom to store taller items such as a tractor. It has charcoal and creamy trim finish making it more suitable for your exteriors. This is a well-modernized steel shed for utmost comfort.
- Much stronger – The shed is twice stronger because the bonding process increases the thickness and the strength of the shed.
- Swing doors – The doors are large enough making swing doors the best for easy entry and exit. Bulky items can easily be stored with large door opening.
- Snap-It-Quick Assembly system – This system helps to reduce the time of assembly by 50% making assembly a lot easier. This means less labour.
- Accessibility – Accessing your stored items has never been this easy. With a 65 inches wall height and 31 inches door width, accessibility won’t be an issue.
Create extra storage space for your belongings with the Outsunny Shed. This is a complete garden shed for your garden tools and other items. The fact that this shed is affordable makes it more attractive. It is also durable since it is made from the finest galvanized steel material. This offers more protection from hazards such as fire, moisture, insects and pests. It comes well painted to resist bad weather conditions and rust. This shed is easy to set up because of its pre-fabricated parts helping to significantly cut down on labour. If you are looking to store your items safely and also add value to your exteriors; this shed is the real deal.
- Spacious – This is a spacious storage system for your gardening tools, lawn equipment, bicycles and other items.
- Built to last – The shed is built using the finest galvanized steel and durable polypropylene construction.
- Sloped roof – With a sloped roof, the shed is able to prevent moisture and resist harsh weather.
- Sliding doors – With double sliding doors, you can easily access your belongings in a jiffy.
- Vents – There are four vents for easy airflow and lighting.
What to consider when buying the best metal shed in 2020
Except there is a plan for a store in your building plan before building your home, you may likely have overflowing items looking for where to keep them. This is when the consideration of having a metal shed comes in. Before you buy a shed, these are what you must take into consideration.
Sitting of the shed
Where to site the shed is usually something that is often overlooked. These are some rules to follow when you want to install a shed:
- Site the shed close to the building – Typically, a shed is usually sited at the backyard. Ensure it is not too from the building. A shed that is closer to the building will be more useful because of its proximity to the building. The shed might be useless if it is too far away from the building.
- Don’t site the shed at the bottom of a hill – Sitting a shed at the bottom of a hill won’t give it stability. It makes sense to site the shed on a level platform. Placing it on a hill may make it dangle.
- Don’t place it in a shady place – There must be sunlight exposure and breeze wherever you want to place the shed so as to stop moisture from damaging your items.
Only look out for low-maintenance materials when purchasing a metal shed. This may be a bit costly at first but you will save a lot in the long run. Choose to make the exterior trim from PVC boards instead of using painted woods. This is because PVC boards are resistant to bugs and decay. Also, look out for steel doors because of their durability.
A strong foundation
A shed without a strong foundation won’t last. A cemented foundation is better than having a wooden foundation.
This is an important aspect when installing a shed. Proper ventilation reduces the chance of condensation.
This is also another important consideration. They are two types of doors – sliding and hinged doors. The sliding doors are easier to install and glide easily out of the way but require a lot of space to slide while hinged doors use less space and usually close more tightly than sliding doors.
FAQs on Best Metal Sheds in 2020
How to install metal roofing on a shed?
Choosing to use metal roofing for your shed is perhaps the best decision you would ever make. There are different types of metal roof. There is Rib Steel Roofing, Snap Lock Roof, Standing Seam Roof and Galvanized Metal. The choice is yours. Metal roofing comes with the following advantages:
- They are fire resistant. Aside from that, they are also resistant to bad weather, rust and insects
- Metal roofing is strong. It lasts longer than other roofing methods
- It is lightweight.
- It is capable of holding loads of snow and ice
- It is 100% recyclable
Installing metal roofing on a shed is easy and simple. It doesn’t require too many technicalities but for most DIY lovers, installing metal roofing is not one of those things you can do alone. For those who are willing to give it a try, this is how to go about installing metal roofing over your shed.
Tools needed for metal roofing
Installing metal roofing requires some tools. Here is a list of the tools needed:
- Crimping tool
- A cordless saw for wood cutting
- Hammer, tape measure, metal shears, safety rope, anchor and harness belt
- A good ladder
- Roof stripping tools
- Pre-measured and pre-cut metal roofing
- Screws and nail
- Roofing under-laying
-Measuring the roofing and sketching a diagram
The first thing is to take measurement of your roofing from different angles. You need a precise measurement. Doing this means you have to make a diagram of the roof. Armed with the measurements, you can go to the supplier to get the roofing materials.
-Preparing your roof deck
The next thing is to prepare the roof deck for the installation of the metal roof. It makes sense to tear off the old roofing in order to better prepare the roof deck. This is also an opportunity for you to detect rotten woods due for replacement.
-Install the under-laying
Install the under-laying in a horizontal way with some overlapping and nail it accurately.
-Install the drip edge
It is time to install the drip edge
-Install the metal roofing
Lay the roofing metal and nail them one after the other. Use nails with caps or screws with strong washers.
Watch DIY Metal Roofing Installation, Basic How-To Video below:Video Transcript:
How to Install Metal Roofing Panels?Video Transcript:
How to insulate a metal shed?
It is a good idea to insulate your shed. It does not only protect your stored items, but it also cools temperature inside the shed. Insulation prolongs the life of the shed too. The steps enumerated below will help you to insulate your shed.
Choose the right insulation type. Foam boards are commonly used because they are cheaper and durable
Cut the foam board to perfectly fit all the sides of the roof
Apply adhesive according to the direction of the walls and roof. Ensure there is an air gap between roof panels and the foam board.
How to paint a metal shed?
Your metal shed doesn’t have to be an eyesore. One of the best ways to give your shed a facelift is to repaint it. Below is how to go about it.
-Clean the metal shed thoroughly
Ensure the shed is properly cleaned before applying the paint. Clean the grease and dirt on the shed. You need to scrape off the old existing paint on the shed. You may need to sandblast the shed. Without a thorough cleaning, the paint won’t stay on the shed.
-Repair the damaged parts
If some parts of the shed are damaged, this is an opportunity to repair them. By repairing the dented or damaged parts, you will get a smooth surface that makes painting the shed easy.
-Apply rust neutralizer
Rust neutralizer helps to prevent the metal shed from rust. Look for rust-preventive chemical and apply thoroughly on the shed. Allow it to dry properly
-Apply metal primer
There are two types of metal primer. There is zinc chromate and red-oxide zinc chromate. Use the zinc chromate if your metal shed is made of aluminium. Use the red-oxide zinc chromate if the shed is made of galvanized steel. Allow it to dry for 24 hours.
-Use oil-based or lacquer-based paint
Latex paint is not ideal for painting metal shed. You either look for an oil-based paint or lacquer-based paint. The oil-based paint is usually called Gloss paint.
-Use a spray gun
Use a spray gun to paint your metal shed because it helps the paint to spread evenly. Don’t use a paintbrush.
How to install metal siding on a shed?
Galvanized steel has a special zinc coating for the purpose of resisting rust. It has been used for a long time for the construction of barns, sheds and other structures. It is also used as siding on buildings. Below is what you need to make the siding of a shed:
- Galvanized steel panels
- Power drill with screw tip
- One and a half inch screws along with plastic washer heads
- Saw with a metal cutting blade
- Corner trim
- Moisture barrier
- Metal drill bit
Install the siding at the door
Start to install the siding at the door, window and every other opening. Ensure that you run the corrugated siding vertically for proper drainage and water protection. Avoid running siding to touch the ground. Leave one or two inches space before the siding reaches the ground. You can use a trim tool to trim the shed.
Install the panel
Start to install the panel one and a half-inch wood screws with plastic washers under the head of the screws. Drive in the screws with a screw gun. Drive the screw carefully not to damage the washers. Allow a space of about 13 to 17 inches between screws. It is more convenient if you have pre-drill holes on the siding. It makes the work a lot easier
The panel must be overlapped according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Then, you can cut the panel to fit with a metal saw. Wear gloves to avoid injuries due to pointed sharp edges.
Put moisture barrier.
This is not compulsory but moisture barrier is very important if you want to avoid condensation. First is to put the moisture barrier on the wall if it is corrugated steel on foam board insulation.
How to stop condensation on the metal shed roof?
Metal shed roof condensation is a regular occurrence. If condensation is not checked, it could make stored items such as tools to become rusty and spoil fabric materials. Condensation is usually caused by water vapor in the air. The moment warm moisture loaded air comes in contact with cold surfaces, condensation happens by showing up water droplets that are seen underneath the roof.
If you build a metal shed on a concrete slab without having a strong barrier beneath the concrete foundation, condensation would be a constant occurrence. Stored water will be transmitted from the ground into the shed. So, the best way to reduce condensation is when the slab foundation is being built.
There are two ways you can reduce condensation.
- One way is to build the foundation properly. Ensure that the foundation has a damp proof when it is being constructed. This is the best way to eliminate the source of water that usually causes condensation.
- The second way to reduce condensation is to improve the ventilation of the metal shed at the roof level. This can be done by making small holes on each side of the roof level so that warm moist air inside the shed can easily be let out. Having ventilation on each side of the shed’s wall means breeze will be let in to clear the warm air. These two combinations will effectively help to eliminate condensation from your metal shed.
Watch the video on how to insulate steel building a fast and easy way?Video Transcript:
This video below might help you to understand how to paint metal products:Video Transcript:
Good thinking is what produces good products. We highly recommend Arrow Sheds for their sturdiness and durability. They have some of the best storage sheds. This is not to say the other products are bad. Generally, metal sheds are maintenance-free but they have to be cleaned periodically to keep them neat. Metal sheds are more secure ways to keep your property safe from theft because most of them are pad-lockable.
If your belongings are beginning to overflow in your home, this is the best time to purchase a metal shed that would also add some beauty to your exteriors. Always look out for metal sheds made from electro-galvanized steel for peace of mind. We hope our best storage sheds review has been able to guide you to make an informed opinion for the best metal sheds suitable for your storage purposes.