Are you searching for the best backpack sprayer to help you get rid of wicked pests and overgrown weeds?
If that is the case, then, we are here to help you find a lasting solution to a pest-free environment. Pest and weeds on your garden would be a thing of the past if you follow this thoroughly researched review to the end. Read on as we do an in-depth review of the 10 best backpack sprayers.
Comparison of Top 10 Backpack Sprayer for 2021
The comparison table below will assist you to have a fair idea of the right backpack sprayer that is well suited for you. The table will aid you to make a good choice:
Reviews of 10 Best Backpack Sprayer for 2021
1. Field King Professional 190328
This is a popular and versatile backpack sprayer. Its affordability makes it the darling of many lawn and garden owners. If you are contemplating purchasing a backpack sprayer to tackle weed encroachment and pest disturbance, this field king backpack sprayer 190328 is your best bet.
This field king max backpack sprayer is 2-in-1. It works as a piston and also as a diaphragm backpack sprayer. Its no-leak design leaves your back dry and without chemical stains. It has got an internal paddle that mixes solutions properly before spraying. The pump has Viton seals which can be changed with ease without using any form of tools at all.
This is a field king professional backpack sprayer. It has a comfortable grip and locking triggers that help to reduce hand fatigue. The padded straps are made to give you the utmost comfort. What more can one say? This is a fantastic backpack sprayer to deliver your job spectacularly. This is the backpack sprayer for weed killer. Field King Max 190348 Backpack Sprayer for Professionals Applying Herbicides might be a good choice for you.
- Repair in less time – The pump design makes this field king backpack sprayer battery super easy to repair without tools in a matter of minutes. This means less downtime.
- Internal paddles – The internal paddles come with a built-in agitator that is capable of handling powders, liquids and other water-soluble solutions. The internal paddle is activated by pump actions keeping the solutions well mixed and ready to be sprayed.
- Internal pressure chamber – The internal pressure chamber makes pressure to reach up to 150 PSI. The high pressure allows you to spray hard-to-reach areas of your lawn or garden
- 4 nozzle system – There are 4 nozzle systems to deliver the job perfectly. This field king 190328 backpack sprayer is to ensure that difficult areas are well reached with ease
- Filtration basket – Large debris is kept at bay with the filtration basket.
- One-way valve – The one-way valve works perfectly to prevent any spillage.
- Pump handle – The pump handle is made with convenience in mind. It can be reversed right or left to give you comfort
- Wand storage – It incorporates an easy carry handle with wand storage.
- Well threaded bolt – This field king professional 190328 backpack sprayer effectively secures the handle attachment without any slack
2. Chapin 61900 4-Gallon Tree and Turf Pro Backpack Sprayer
The CHAPIN 4-Gallon sprayer is superb for all spraying purposes. This hand backpack weed sprayer is designed to provide years of dependable use for different projects. This sprayer is well suited to meet the needs of the garden, home, lawn and professional pest control.
This backpack weed sprayer harbor freight has a 4-inch mouth opening for filling and cleaning with ease. With the 4-gallon capacity tank and hands-free operation, you are equipped to accomplish even the biggest spraying jobs efficiently. Clogging is well prevented with its 3-stage filtration system. The poly tank is transparent to see the level of the fluid.
The other features of this best backpack sprayer for weeds include cushion grip shut-off, stainless steel extension wand, well-padded shoulder straps and 3-piece nozzle pack for high performance. Made from high-density polyethylene, the CHAPIN 61900 is made to deliver continuous optimal performance for years to come. With adjustable ergonomically-shaped chest, lumbar and shoulder straps, carrying it on your back comes with a lot of ease and comfort. It has a powder-coated metal frame for durability. This weed killer backpack sprayer is a complete solution for pest and weed control.
You may also consider this version: Chapin International 61800 4Gal Backpack Sprayer.
- Shut-off with gauge – The pressure gauge makes it easy for you to check the pressure of the sprayer. The pressure gauge provides maximum efficiency
- CF valve – This feature enables continuous flow from the sprayer without any interruptions
- Well, padded shoulder straps – The shoulder straps are made with comfort in mind. It also has lumbar support to reduce fatigue
- Adjustable nozzle – Adjustable nozzle means fewer headaches. This weed killer for backpack sprayer means you can reach difficult areas without much stress
3. Chapin International 61500 Backpack Sprayer for Fertilizer
This CHAPIN 61500 features a beautiful European design with comfortable padded shoulder straps. The design is unique. Most backpack sprayers are either round or tall and rectangular. But this Chapin backpack sprayer looks almost like a perfect square.
It comes with a 4-gallon tank enough for you to accomplish your spraying tasks at once. This chapin 4 gallon backpack sprayer is lighter and smaller in size while just weighing 10 pounds. There is no doubt the design and weight stand out. It has an adjustable spray tip so that you can do a thorough spraying job. There is no need to carry 4 different nozzles. It comes integrated with different sizes of nozzles. The spraying can go as far as 23 feet in a horizontal direction and 25 feet vertically. It has a piston pump to ensure everywhere is evenly sprayed. This is the best commercial backpack sprayer.
- Easy to adjust poly spray nozzle – You can adjust the spray nozzle by just twisting the nozzle. This helps you to choose a pattern that suits you for easy spraying
- Wide mouth opening – The filter comes with a wide mouth opening that is below 4 inches wide making it super easy to spray any areas. It also blocks dirt and debris from coming into the tank.
- Padded straps – This chapin pro series backpack sprayer has solid and well-padded shoulder straps for great comfort
- Versatile – This hand pump sprayer is highly versatile since it cannot only be used for weed and pest control only. It can also be used for fertilizers and insecticides.
- 2-stage filtration system – This chapin commercial duty backpack sprayer has a 2-stage filtration system. There is one filter at the top while the other filter is at shut-off.
4. My 4 Sons 4-Gallon Battery Powered Backpack Sprayer
This is the best battery powered backpack sprayer. There is a battery life indicator to let you know when the battery needs to be charged. This is a backpack sprayer with a rechargeable battery. It has a 4-gallon tank that is transparent enough to see the level of liquid available in the tank. This sprayer requires no pumping thereby saving you energy in the long run.
This is a Hudson battery powered backpack sprayer that comes with a lot of power to easily complete any spraying project. It has a pressure level of 60 PSI which makes spraying distant areas less tasking. 60 PSI is enough to cover more than 20 feet vertically. The 4-gallon tank is right for you to complete any spraying project. The tank is wide enough to aid easy filling.
This is a battery backpack sprayer that delivers maximum efficiency at all times. The autonomous mode feature enables you to use the sprayer for up to 8 hours straight. The battery terminals are well soldered. The interesting part of it all is that this sprayer has a voltage output meter. This is the backpack sprayer for weeds
- Battery-powered – This battery backpack sprayer is battery-powered therefore not requiring a pumping
- 8 hours lead-acid battery – This sprayer battery can last up to 8 hours. This is an excellent battery life. This is three times long-lasting power when compared with other sprayers.
- Battery indicator – What is the use of a battery without an indicator. This petra battery powered backpack sprayer has a battery life indicator to notify of the battery level to get it charged when it is low.
- Strong shoulder straps – The heavy-duty shoulder straps are well connected to prevent dropping.
- Heavy-duty Viton hose – If you are tired of cheap PVS hoses, the heavy-duty Viton hose comes solid with no disappointments.
- Offers great power, reliability and control – It has an adjustable stainless steel wand and plastic wand to offer superior power, reliability and control.
- Ergonomic design – This is the battery operated backpack sprayer ergonomically-designed for efficiency and great performance
5. CHAPIN 61575 Backpack Sprayer
This is a powerful and comfortable backpack sprayer that is purposely made for the spraying of chemicals such as bleach solutions and fungicides. It is not all backpack sprayers that can handle these chemicals. This greenwood 4 gallon backpack sprayer makes CHAPIN the perfect sprayer for cleaning and disinfecting tasks. With the standard 4 gallon tank, you can get the job done in less time. As usual, the tank is transparent.
This helps you see clearly what the problem is if the tank is clogged. Making fixing the issue a lot easier. This Chapin slide pump sprayer comes with the normal 4-inch mouth opening for easy filling of the tank. The 4 gallon backpack sprayer has a powerful spray with a pressure level of 100 PSI enough to reach a distance of 26 feet.
- Reinforced hose – The sprayer comes with a reinforced hose that translates to 100 PSI of pressure.
- 4-inch wide mouth opening – For easy filling and cleaning, the sprayer has a wide mouth opening that makes the job of spraying a lot easier.
- Two nozzles – There is the advantage of two nozzles. The adjustable poly cone is well suited for mists and straight streams while the poly fan is suited for broader application pattern
- Padded shoulder straps – Fatigue is reduced with padded shoulder straps to avoid the dropping of the sprayer
- Long-distance reach – This greenwood 4 gallon backpack sprayer parts can reach 25-foot maximum horizontally and 23-foot maximum vertically
6. Smith Performance Sprayer R200
This is a professional grade sprayer for applying weed killers, insecticides and fertilizers. It is made of durable materials making it chemical resistant. This is a 2 gallon sprayer.
It is recommended for landscapers, lawn care business owners and for golf course maintenance. It comes with a lockable shut-off in order to reduce hand fatigue. What’s more? The Viton seals effectively do the job of resisting chemicals. There are multiple nozzles to increase versatility and productivity.
The adjustable brass nozzle in this 2 gallon garden sprayer helps you to do stream and cone patterns with ease. Over compression is adequately prevented with the pressure release valve. This sprayer is made to build pressure pretty quickly in order to accomplish any spraying tasks on time. It requires no tools for maintenance.
- 4 nozzles – There are 4 nozzles to make your job very easy. This smith 2 gallon sprayer is the adjustable brass, narrow flat fan, wide flat fan and the foaming nozzle
- Pressure release valve – Pressure is safely released from the tank to prevent accidental chemical discharge
- Faster and easier to repair – The pump seals can be changed without wasting time thereby reducing downtime
- Stainless steel wand – The 21 inches stainless steel of this smith 2 gallon plastic tank sprayer wand with poly lining works perfectly for chemical resistance
- Viton seals and gaskets – It comes with high-quality Viton seals and gaskets for effective chemical resistance.
7. CLICIC Stainless Steel Sprayer Professional with Backpack
This is a professional sprayer with a backpack. Many backpack sprayers are usually made with plastic but this sprayer is unique in the sense that it is made from stainless steel all-round making it much more durable than plastic sprayers.
This stainless steel spray is well braided with a chemical resistant hose with Viton seals and gaskets to reduce accidental spraying. It is easy to operate since pressure can be easily built through a hand pump and spraying can be done using the wand.
This stainless steel spray cleaner is a multi-functional sprayer. It can be used for chemicals, herbicides, pesticides and fertilizers. The curved nozzle is air-tight, leak-proof and also non-corrosive. There is no doubt this is a durable backpack sprayer made for efficient use. This backpack herbicide sprayer is a 6 litres sprayer suitable for both home and garden use.
- All-round steel construction – The tank, cover, pump, wand, pump handle and the wand handle are all made from corrosive-resistant stainless steel
- Powerful pressure gauge – The built-in pressure gauge accurately pumps to give you the perfect pressure gauge
- Ideal nozzle design – The nozzle design is leak-proof and non-corrosive making it super efficient for different spraying jobs
- All-purpose sprayer – This stainless steel pump sprayer can serve different purposes. It can be used for fertilizer, chemicals, herbicides and pesticides spraying jobs
8. Solo 425 4-Gallon Professional Piston Backpack Sprayer
The Solo 425 is a professional backpack sprayer for the easy application of fertilizer, herbicides, pesticides, disinfectants and other liquid solutions. This solo backpack sprayer is a 4-gallon tank sprayer made from high-quality polyethylene with ultraviolet inhibitors to enhance durability and UV protection. This solo 4 gallon backpack sprayer comes with chemical resistant Vitol seals that deliver error-free spraying. The padded straps reduce fatigue by giving you comfort always. The 4 feet hose makes it easy to reach difficult areas making it very ideal for weeds. It has up to 90 PSI pressure range using rod active piston pump. With 4.25 inches of mouth opening, these solo backpack sprayer parts are easy to clean and fill the tank.
- Viton collar power pump – This solo backpack sprayer parts lowes produces up to 90 PSI of pressure making it easy to perform difficult spraying jobs.
- Wide mouth opening – With a 4. 25-inch wide opening, it becomes easy to fill and clean
- Padded straps – Padded straps help to reduce fatigue because solo 425 deluxe backpack sprayer is made from polyester material
- 4-gallon tank – With 4 gallon UV resistant tank, you can effectively handle fertilizers, herbicides, disinfectants and other cleaning solutions
9. 3HP Backpack Fogger Blower Duster Leafblower 3-in-1 Sprayer
Cardinal CMD65 is a powerful gas powered backpack sprayer. This is a 3HP sprayer with a lightweight engine. Its fuel efficiency is incredible. Not forgetting it is made with comfort in mind. When you are covering a large area such as a mechanized farm or golf course, you would need a sprayer that is far-reaching and gets the job done with minimal effort.
This is the gas powered sprayer for mosquitoes. This is where this sprayer stands out from the crowd. It has a 40 feet horizontal mist range to accomplish any spraying job in less time. This sprayer is also ideal for medium-sized properties.
It is highly recommended for pest control companies, landscapers and homeowners. With a 3.5 gallon capacity, you can get the job done pretty fast. This stihl gas powered backpack sprayer is tough on mosquitoes and merciless on weeds. It is easy to assemble and easy to use. Use the Cardinal CMD65 for a pest-free backyard. This is the best backpack sprayer for bleach
- Perfect for pest control – If you are dealing with too many pests, the CMD65 is the final answer. It works perfectly to kill mosquitoes, ticks, mites, flies, spiders and other dangerous biting pests
- Multipurpose use – This is a sprayer that can be used for different purposes. It can be used as a blower, duster and leaf blower
- 3.5-gallon tank – The large 3.5-gallon tank serves extended use by making you work longer by not constantly resorting to filling the tank frequently
- Lightweight – This echo gas powered backpack sprayer is really lightweight and well-balanced on the back. It has ergonomically-friendly backpack straps that are made for your utmost comfort.
- Fuel efficiency – The sprayer is not a fuel sucker. It is fuel-efficient helping you to save more.
- Convenient to use – This gas powered concrete form sprayer is super convenient to use. It reduces fatigue, distributes weight equally and has lower engine vibration.
10. TABOR TOOLS Lawn and Garden Pump Pressure Sprayer
The TABOR tool N-50 is a multi-functional sprayer ideal for commercial liquid fertilizer, pesticides, weed killers, fungicides, and herbicides. This garden pump sprayer is a practical pump-action sprayer for both indoor and outdoor use.
This best pump-up garden sprayer has a 50-inch long reinforced hose with an adjustable nozzle alongside a 16.5-inch wand. You can easily shut-off flow comfortably using the handle with the shut-off valve. The transparent 1.3 gallons allow you to monitor the liquid level so as to know when to fill up the tank again.
This pump-up garden sprayer prevents clogging perfectly with secured seals and the help of the O-rings alongside a sprayer filter. With a funnel top opening, it is easy to fill the tank. With comfortable backpack straps, you can go all the way with less discomfort. It comes with air-tight, rust resistant and leak-proof design making it very ergonomically-friendly. This is one of the best backpack garden sprayer for pest control
- Adjustable nozzle – These garden pump sprayer nozzles are adjustable in order to have a better reach using the top of the sprayer wand.
- Funnel top – The funnel top makes it easy to fill content leaving it with no mess. Just unscrew, fill up the tank and shut the lid with ease
- Transparent bottle – The bottle is transparent enough to see the level of the liquid.
What to look out for when buying a backpack sprayer in 2021
Before you buy a backpack sprayer, it makes sense to look out for some important things such as tank capacity, maintenance, flexibility and body construction.
It cannot be guaranteed that all backpack tank sprayer will be fatigue-free. So, the bigger the tank, the higher the chances of causing fatigue. It makes sense to look for a tank with less weight in order not to be fatigued. There is nothing wrong in filling the tank as many times as possible as than to have a big tank that will make you go down with chronic back pain due to fatigue. If you have backaches easily, then, a backpack sprayer is not meant for you. You may go for a wheeled sprayer.
Look for a sprayer that is easy to maintenance. Most sprayers require no tools to maintain making it the ideal backpack sprayer for you.
Flexibility is important when you want to buy a battery operated backpack sprayer or any type of back sprayer. A sprayer of above 60 PSI is flexible enough to let you reach difficult and hard-to-reach areas. You may need a sprayer with multiple nozzles to achieve more flexibility
The body construction of the backpack sprayer also matters. More than 80% of the sprayers are made of plastic while the others are made of stainless steel. The solo backpack sprayer parts and plastic backpack sprayer is easy to clean and are made to last a long time. Stainless steel backpack is also great but is more expensive than the plastic sprayers.
FAQs on Best Backpack Sprayer for 2021
How to disassemble CHAPIN backpack sprayer?
Disassembling of CHAPIN backpack sprayer is easy if you can follow the steps accurately.
- Firstly, check the underneath of the bottom valve to be sure it is clean and free from debris
- If you found out the bottom valve is damaged or cracked, it is time to change it. If not, it will cause the liquid to flow into the pump assembly
- Next is to pull the pump apart by just pushing the two locking tabs on both sides of the pump. Just pump in and up. It makes sense to push the tabs in and up using a screwdriver. Pull the pump rob assembly out once it is released
- Check the plunger “O” ring by pulling it off and properly inspect it for cracks or split. If it is fine, all you need to do is to lubricate it with grease or Vaseline
- Try to slide plunger back into the pump housing; line up the two side tabs and once they click that is a sign they are well secured
- Then, inspect the pump seal that goes into the tank, if it is okay; just apply some grease or Vaseline around the seal. Make sure you realign the tabs with the collar slots and make it snap back into place
What to use to clean out a backpack sprayer?
The ryobi backpack sprayer needs to be cleaned up after each use. You don’t have to be lazy about. Cleaning it is just a matter of following a simple procedure. Cleaning it once should be enough but if you allow the chemicals to stay in the sprayer for too long, you may have to wash it more than once. Avoid dumping chemicals in ditches or on the public waterways. This can have a grave implication on people’s health. Here is how to wash a sprayer:
- After spraying, clean the tank thoroughly. If some spray liquid is left inside, drain the tank completely.
- Pumping causes air to be taken in and the remaining liquid to be discharged. Pump until liquid and air are coming out through the nozzle.
- Refill tank with a few quarts of clean, soapy water and pump the water out as explained above (if necessary, repeat this procedure several times).
- If the shut-off valve is removed, the pump can be flushed quickly. Improper spray distribution is the result of a clogged nozzle, which is easily removed and cleaned.
- Soap and water may also be used to clean the tank.
- Do not use aggressive cleaning agents or abrasives.
- Follow the recommendations of the chemical manufacturer for disposal of wastewater and chemicals.
- Activated charcoal in liquid or others may be used to absorb chemicals in tanks or spills.
How to put the straps on a backpack sprayer?
The top of the shoulder straps is pre-attached to the sprayer by means of a buckle or pin. The lower end of the straps is attached by fastening the strap hooks to the metal frame between where the frame exits the plastic tank and where the frame makes a bend.
How to assemble a solo backpack sprayers?
Unscrew the nozzle cap from the nozzle body. This is best accomplished while the retaining nut is fastened tightly to the elbow. Next, unscrew the retaining nut. Push the nozzle body out of the retaining nut. The filter with gasket will come out with the body. To reinstall the nozzle, reverse the above instructions.
Assembly Instructions for Wand
- Insert the wand into the shut-off valve as shown.
- Tighten the screw cap clockwise onto the shut-off valve.
Pump Lever Installation
All hardware necessary for pump lever installation is included with the sprayer. The pump lever should be installed as follows: place lever handle onto the shaft. Align bolt holes and install the two bolts and washers; then tighten. To install pump lever on the opposite side on a Diaphragm Pump sprayer and harbor freight backpack sprayer, remove the stop plate and washer, install the pump lever as above. The stop plate should be mounted on the inner bolt hole with the closed end of the stop plate pointing downward on the opposite side of the pump shaft
FOLD-AWAY Pump Handle Installation (This is for SELECT models only)
- Remove bolt and nut from pump handle.
- Slide handle assembly over the pump rod and align the holes so that the rear (elbow) portion of the handle points up and slightly forward (approximately 45 degrees) and away from the Solo logo. Reinstall bolt and locknut. Pump handle can be installed on the opposite side of the sprayer for right-hand pumping. (For Diaphragm Pump Sprayer, stop plate will need to be relocated to the left side.)
- The handle can be rotated to either down (pumping) or up (storage) positions. Note: The handle swings away from the sprayer, then up or down as desired. The spray wand attaches to the clamps on the handle assembly for storage (does not apply to the brass or stainless steel wands).
Watch a complete video on Solo Diaphragm Pump Backpack Sprayer Model 475-101 Assembly:
After assembling your gas powered backpack sprayer, it makes sense to test it by filling it full of water. This will help you to look out for leakages and test the pressure level. You can then use it after being satisfied.
As a garden or farm owner, you know pests and weeds are the enemies of crops. You don’t want your plants to die due to overgrown weeds and pests that cause plants to have stunted growth. Aside from that, the garden is usually a relaxation point for many garden owners during the hot seasons; you won’t want weeds to make your garden uncomfortable for you. You won’t want poisonous pests to cause you harm. This is why you need a backpack sprayer to clear your garden or farm from weeds and pests. This review is timely made for you if you are confused about the type of backpack sprayer to buy. Seatback and relax, check out the 10 best backpack sprayers for a weed and pest-free environment.
Shopping for a backpack sprayer can be a time-consuming endeavor. This is because of the numerous products that are available in the market. But if you are looking for a sprayer with high PSI, it has to be the CHAPIN 61575. You can’t go wrong with a 100 PSI sprayer and higher. It helps you to get the job done in less time. If you desire something that is gas-powered, just consider the Cardinal CMD65 3-in-1 Sprayer. Cardinal CMD65 is the best backpack sprayer because gas-powered sprayers come with extra power. Equally of consideration is the battery-powered My 4 Sons 4-Gallon Battery Powered Backpack Sprayer. Any choice made out of these three backpack sprayers is certainly a wise one.