Does your back get hurt when you are doing floor work?
Are you worried about abs not getting build even by doing crunches?
Does your floor get soiled by the sweat of your body?
If you agree, then you required an exercise mat. If you want to enjoy floor workout by protecting your tender knees, back, hips and even the tailbone then this review is for you only. You can be in a healthy routine and fit as you will easily get attracted to fitness by using the exercise mat. Listed below are the 10 best exercise mats for you:
Quick Comparison of 10 Best Exercise Mats in 2020
Before going for details review check the quick comparisons on top-rated Exercise Mats for instant selection:
Table of Contents
- Details Review on 10 Best Exercise Mats in 2020
- (1). Giantex 4’x8’x2 Gymnastics Mat
- (2). Best Choice Products 8ft 4-Panel Foam Folding Exercise Gym Mat
- (3). Athlos Fitness Ab Mat with Tailbone Protector
- (4). Pogamat: Use with Shoes or Without! Large Exercise Mat
- (5). Everlast 2X6 Folding MAT
- (6). Gaiam Kids Yoga Mat Exercise Mat
- (7). SPRI Pro Exercise Mat for Fitness, Yoga, Pilates
- (8) REEHUT 1/2-Inch Extra Thick NBR Exercise Yoga Mat
- (9). Airex Coronella Exercise Mat
- (10) Premium Extra Thick Large Exercise Mat
- Things to consider before buying the exercise mat in 2020
- FAQs on the best exercise mat in 2020
- Why do you need the exercise mat?
- How to clean exercise mitt?
- When should you use your exercise mat?
- Where should you use your exercise mat?
- How to Use a Yoga Mat on the Carpet?
- How to Prevent Slipping on a Yoga Mat?
- When to Replace Your Yoga Mat?
- How to Practice Yoga on Carpet with LifeBoard?
- How to clean a yoga mat?
- Final Verdict
Details Review on 10 Best Exercise Mats in 2020
This exercise mat is suitable for activities related to gymnastics. It is designed in such a way that its feature of non-tearable makes it strong. Also, it consists of the carrying handles and Velcro. Light in weight, this mat can be folded very easily.
- Thick mats: This exercise mat is 2 inches thick which makes it suitable for any exercise. Also, a foam of great quality is used in it which makes it supportive for home, gym, exercise, aerobics and even MMA.
- Large mat: The size of this mat is large enough to allow you to do any roller, stand and stretch etc. Firmly designed to give you enough space for lying, this mat comes with a carrying handle.
- Easy folding: For saving the storage of space, it can be folded very easily. Also, light in weight, it can be easily moved. This mat is great for daily use and thus making it but exercise made for you.
- Moderate hardness: Strongly designed, this mat is very solid because of not so soft and not so hard foam inside it. It allows you to do any exercise or gymnastics on it, which makes it user – friendly and humanized. Also, the Velcro allows you to connect the more mats next to each other very firmly.
This exercise mat has a length of 8 feet and made up of the foam which makes it easy to fold. Also, it comes with the handles which make it suitable for gymnastics, aerobics and simple exercises like yoga.
- Foam Support: This exercise provides a very safe surface to practice any kind of exercise. Also, it is 2 inches thick which is due to the EPE foam in high density. The thick foam gives you comfort and support whenever you do fitness training or gymnastics on it.
- Rich Leather: The leather used in this mat as the cover has a rich quality of non – absorbent. It supports the feature of long-lasting which is due to the double stitching.
- Convenient Storage: Consisting of carrying handles, this mat is very easy for transportation and folding. It is designed in such a way it gives access to quick and easy storage with the help of a 4- pad design. It comes with the self – fasteners on each edge which allows you to connect with the more mats next to each other making it a larger practice area.
- Multifunctional: Suitable for home, gym, exercise, aerobics, dancing and other fitness training which makes it multifunctional, thus this mat is a perfect exercise mat for you.
This exercise mat is suitable for fitness training related to sit-ups. With the help of the tailbone protector, it provides maximum safety to you from any possible injury. It consists of the full range of motion for the abs training.
- Gives a full range of motion: Designed in such a way that it gives you the full range of motion for the workouts related to abs formation. Consisting of the tailbone protector, this fitness mat gives you stability with the high – density thickness. The crunches could not help you in the six-packs and the flat stomach formation but the mat gives you the help of the constant tension.
- Gives you complete isolation: This exercise mat isolates the abdominal when you do crunches, leg – lifts or the sit-ups. For doing the perfect sit-up reps, it takes the hip flexor out of the equation. By not hurting your lower back, provides you safety, making it an efficient fitness mat.
- Premium quality material: Made up of the high-density foam to make this fitness mat thick, it is suitable for the home gym. It is designed in such a way that it gives you safety and comfort especially to your lower back and gives you back support.
- Durable: It can be folded very easily, thus it is compact and durable. Also, it can be stored with ease and you can take it wherever you go.
This exercise mat is designed in such a way that you can use them without shoes or with shoes, it is best for the large exercises. It is 2 inches thick which enables it to reduce the impact on your body by providing the support when you do pushups, burpees or any yoga activity.
- Thick foam: Made up of the high-density foam, this fitness mat is thick which makes it suitable for the home workouts such as P90X, kettlebells, sandbags, body weight. Also, it supports the beating with or without the shoes.
- Long-lasting: Reducing the impact on your body, this fitness mat is made up of the 2-inch thick foam. With the help of the memory foam, it provides extra support when you do the floor exercising, burpees or even yoga.
- Non-slip: Designed especially for yoga, it is a premium two-sided mat which is best for stretching without the shoes. The top layer of the mat is very soft and is durable enough to support the long – session of yoga. The bottom layer includes the pad which makes it anti-slip to gives you grip and comfort.
- Eco-friendly: This exercise mat is made up of the material which is non- toxic, and does not have latex, silicon, thus making it non- flammable. Free from the phthalates, this mat gives you security from all the possible injuries.
This exercise mat is designed in such a way that it is durable and can be folded easily which makes it convenient to store and move it from one place to another easily. The non- absorbent shell makes it easy to clean and you can use it in continuity.
- Thick mat: This exercise mat is 8 inches thick with the help of the high – density foam. The mat provides a smooth surface to gives you the security to make it suitable for any kind of exercise. It gives you stability and constant tension.
- Folds easily: Designed in such a way, this exercise mat can be folded very easily and you can move it from one place to the other with ease. And you can store it anywhere which makes it handy and thus it gives comfort to you.
- Durable: With the tough design, this fitness mat is long-lasting and it gives you durability. Light in weight, it can be used for daily use, either in the gym or in the home thus increasing its efficiency.
- Easy to clean: Made up of the non – absorbent shell, it can be clean very easily. Thus, it is the best exercise mat; also, you can use it in continuity. For easy carrying, it has sewn-on handles.
This fitness mat is designed for the kids especially as it has fun prints on it. It is made to impact positively on the kid for mental as well as physical growth. With the bright colors and the fun patterns, it makes it an enjoyable moment for the kids when they do yoga.
- Best for the kid: Includes the bright color and fun patterns, this increases the concentration of the kids towards yoga. Thus, it provides a healthy routine to your kids and helps them to be calm when they get into the mode of silliness.
- Eco-friendly: The material used in this mat is non – toxic and 6P free and thus they are free from the phthalates making them highly secure. Therefore, it gives you protection and it is the best exercise mat.
- Non-slippery: This exercise mat is non-slippery which gives your kid stability. Providing a secure grip to your kid when they are doing yoga, this mat is made up of the material which is slightly sticky with a light tact.
- Thick cushioning: Made up of the 3-millimeter thick foam, it gives a good cushion to your kid’s body when they are doing exercise. It is good for not only their physical health but also for mental health.
This exercise mat is durable as it is long-lasting and is made up of the qualitative material. It is 8 inches thick and is long enough to give you full the pace for lying down your body on it with comfort. The foam in it gives you good cushion and thus it is supportive.
- Pro exercise mat: This mat is suitable for the exercise related to the floors and therefore making it the best exercise mat for the professional. The long version of it gives you access to lie down your full body with comfort.
- Non-slippery surface: It includes the textured surface which is non-slippery and thus giving you traction in extra amount. It gives you support whenever you move your body.
- Suitable for gym and clubs: It can be stored very easily; either by keeping it flat or rolling it up to save the space. Thus, this fitness mat allows you to enjoy the workout session in any type of environment.
- Qualitative material: Strongly designed, this mat can be used in continuity by the professionals especially. Designed for the commercial gym, you can use it as many times as you want.
This 2-inch extra thick exercise mat is best for the NBR exercises and yoga for the pilates. Also, you can carry it easily with the carrying strap provided with it. Light in weight, you can easily carry it from one place to the other.
- Comfortable: This exercise mat ensures that you are comfortable with the help of the material which is high – density foam NBR. It gives cushion to your sensitive areas such as hips, spine, knees, and elbows from the hard floor with the ½ inch thickness.
- Slip-resistant: Non – slippery surface is provided by this mat as it is textured on both sides. Also, it provides safety to you by protecting you from any possible injury.
- Easy to carry: With the strap included to the mat, it is easy to carry it from one place to the other. Also, they are light in weight, you can fold it very easily and it saves the space thus it is the best to exercise mat.
- Eco-friendly: Approved by the RoHS, OAHs and 6P, this mat is non – toxic. Hence, it is suitable for yoga, Pilates, stretching and exercises related to maintaining the shape of your body.
Versatile in nature, this exercise mat is personal – sized mat that is suitable for the exercises, pilates, yoga, aerobics, stretching and even water rehabilitation. When you do the workout, you can place this non-slippery mat flat on the floor and your workouts are over, you can roll it back.
- Super cushioning: Light in weight, this fitness mat is provided with the high – density foam which protects you from any possible injury. You can roll it back easily whenever your workout session gets over.
- Non-slippery surface: With the stickiness present on its outer surface, this mat is a little bit thicker than any other common mat. Also, it is highly recommended for the training such as pilates by the professionals.
- Durability: This exercise mat is long-lasting as it is resistant to water which does not damage the outer layer of it. It is multi-functional as it can be used in-home or gym or even open clubs.
- Double stitching: With the stitching on both the side of the mat, it is strong enough to support the exercises like stretching, or aerobic workouts. The surface of this mat is designed as a closed – cell structure which increases its strength.
This exercise mat is thick due to the high – density foam and is large enough to allow you to lie down your whole body with comfort. Non – slippery in nature, it gives you grip and protects you from any possible injury. It is ultra-durable as you can carry it very easily.
- Workout in the home also: With the strap present on each side, it makes it easy for you to roll up or roll back the mat and starts doing exercises whenever you want in your home. You can save money from your gym membership.
- Double-sided design: The original exercise mat is designed on the double side with high-density foam which gives you a good cushion. It is non-slippery thus gives durability and provides you with a good cushion.
- Extra thick: The surface of the mat is extra thick to protect you from any possible injury. It can be used on any type of floor such as carpet, concrete or tile in your room at the home. It is to be noted as the plyometrics, sit-ups, and burpees need not be done hard on the mat.
- Includes other accessories: This exercise mat includes the towel to wipe away the moisture from the mat. Also, it comes with the padding and grip to hold on your whole body.
Things to consider before buying the exercise mat in 2020
The fitness mats are important accessories when you do yoga either in your home in the gym. Not only they give you a smooth surface to do any yoga pose, but they also provide you security from any injury. Some of the factors are listed below that you must keep in mind before buying the exercise mat:
(1). Thick foam:
Make sure that the mat you are planning to buy must have a pad that gives you a good cushion. It must not be simply a large sheet of foam, but real foam that gives you protection from any possible injury. And it must be large enough to allow you to do any yoga pose or gymnastics or even aerobics. It must store your whole body while you are doing exercises lying down on it. And it must give you access to do a long hour workout session. The foam must be in high density which helps it in being a thick mat. Also, the top layer of the mat must be smooth enough to make your yoga session more enjoyable and comfortable. Note that the mat must allow you to be used on any type of floor such as carpet, concrete or tile in your room at the home.
Keep in mind that your mat is toxic-free so that it becomes humanizing and user-friendly for you. When you are placing an order of the mat, check that it is free from PVC and is made up of the material which is toxic-free plastic. Containing the carcinogens, the mat becomes unnatural to your body and may seriously affect your body such as rashes and in some cases skin infection as well. The highly recommended material to be used in the mat must be natural rubber as it makes you feel more comfortable and better. Make sure that your mat is approved by the RoHS, OAHs and 6P which make it suitable for you to do yoga and even pilates.
(3). Light in weight:
The mat you are shopping for must be light in weight to allow you to carry easily from one place to the other. It must be thick and must be comfortable to transport it easily so that you can use it in the environment according to your wish either in your home or the gym or club. It must have either strap or handles that make it even easier to fold and unfold it according to your use. Also, it saves the space to allow you to do any exercise by using it flat on the surface or roll it up. The mat must allow you to store it anywhere which makes it handy and thus it gives comfort to you.
(4). Fun color:
The mat with bright colors and the fun pattern doesn’t need to come for kids only; they are also available for adults. You must opt for the mat which has a design that pleases you so that it makes your workout session more interesting. It allows you to build concentration and makes you fit physically as well as mentally. The bright colors and the fun patterns on the mat make it an enjoyable moment for you when they do yoga. Thus, it provides a healthy routine for you and your kids. Also, it helps them to be calm when they get into the mode of silliness. This feature on the mat will surely make your yoga session more fun.
You must choose the mat which is non-slippery so that it gives you a strong grip while you are doing any kind of exercise on it. If the mat makes you slide on it and you are clinging to it then definitely this is not mat you are looking for. The stickiness must be present on the outer surface of the mat to make it slip-resistant. Also, your mat must be a little bit thicker than any other common mat. Make sure that it must provide safety to you by protecting you from any possible injury. Keep in mind that it gives you traction in extra amount and support whenever you move your body.
FAQs on the best exercise mat in 2020
Why do you need the exercise mat?
The exercise mat gives you a balance to you which is necessary when you are doing yoga or any exercise. It helps in protecting your hips and tailbone while doing pilates. Your floor or carpet remains clean as it absorbs the sweat from your body. They are non-slippery thus gives you a strong grip and are best for the floor related exercises. Also, the extra pad gives you a good cushion to protect you from any possible injury. Also, they are long enough to allow you to do exercise that makes you lie down on the mat making it suitable for any yoga pose. For extra padding, you can roll it double according to your comfort. With bright color and fun patterns on your mat that pleases you, you can build up your concentration. Also, you can be in routine to help yourself being physically as well as mentally fit.
How to clean exercise mitt?
You can clean your mat very easily as the outer layer is made up of the vinyl cover that also gives security to your mat from any possible damage. Take two cups of water and four drops of dish soap to wash your mat. Either store it in the spray bottle and spray it on the area which is dirty or rub it with a terry cloth rag on the soiled area. After that wipe your mat with the clean water and then dry it with a dry cloth towel. To let it dry completely, hang it up in the air. If it is too dirty to be cleaned by simply rubbing then you must use must keep it in the tub which has the solution of the warm water and detergent in mild quantity. It is advisable to use the soap in fewer amounts as it is difficult to rinse out the residue of soap from your mat. This may make your mat slippery when you will use it after wash. Wash it with hand by rubbing it gently and rinse it through the clean water. Squeeze out the extra water and roll it with the dry towel which will absorb the extra moisture from the mat. After that unroll it and hang up your fitness mat on the string to dry in air.
When should you use your exercise mat?
Although, the fitness mats are not required in any kind of exercise and can be done without using the. But in exercises such as floor work, you need to take out your mat to perform the workout on your floor. Some yoga poses that make you lay down on your back or in which you need to rest your forearms, the exercise mats are must needed. The mat will provide you a good cushion to your back when you are lying on the hard floor. The Reehut fitness mat is highly recommended for the pilates which helps in protecting your hips and tailbone from getting injured. Also, it provided security to your fragile knees when doing pushups. You can use it for doing gymnastics as well as it is thick enough to protect you from any injury. Also, they absorb any kind of shock that may be dangerous to your knees, ankles, spine or even neck. Perfect for crunches and highly preferred for stretching, the exercise mat provides you a good cushion to your tender bones on your back or knees when they are lying down on the hard floor.
Where should you use your exercise mat?
It is advisable to use your mat on carpet, concrete or tile in your room at the home. If your room does not have a carpeted floor, then you must not use it as it can damage your mat. You can take it outside maybe in the park where grasses can give you an extra cushion to your back. Also, doing exercise is more benefited as you will come under the influence of natural and fresh air and sunlight. It is to be noted that the floor you are using for the exercise mat, must be clean and free from germs or dust so that your mat becomes humanizing and user – friendly.
How to Use a Yoga Mat on the Carpet?Video Transcript:
How to Prevent Slipping on a Yoga Mat?Video Transcript:
When to Replace Your Yoga Mat?Video Transcript:
How to Practice Yoga on Carpet with LifeBoard?Video Transcript:
How to clean a yoga mat?Video Transcript:
I would personally prefer the Gorilla exercise mat as it not only gives you a fit body by doing yoga on it but also comes with the extra accessories which are needed when you are using any other common mat. An accessory like a towel is a piece of the necessary equipment to wipe away the moisture from your mat that comes from the sweat of your body.
The mats in the lists above will not only encourage you to do yoga and stay fit but will also make you lead a healthy life by building your concentration and making you mentally healthy also. You can buy any of these exercise mats according to your choice, budget and need.