A pair of hedge shears is an important tool for landscapers and gardeners. The toolbox is never complete without the hedge shears. Hedge shears can be used to prune and maintain hedges, shrubs and gardens. That makes a pair hedge shears a great companion even for homeowners. Getting the right hedge shears can be difficult if you are not armed with the proper information. This review is aimed at guiding you on choosing the right hedge shears to help you deliver on any landscaping and gardening tasks. In this hedge shears reviews, we shall focus on 10 best hedge shears.
Table of Contents
- Reviews of Top 10 Hedge Shears in the Market
- 1. Tabor Tools Hedge Shears (B229A) –
- 2. Tabor Tools Hedge Shears (B212A) –
- 3. Fiskars Hedge Shears (9169) –
- 4. Gilmour Basic Hedge Shear –
- 5. Okatsune Precision Hedge Shear –
- 6. Corona HS-3950 Extendable Hedge Shear –
- 7. ARS HS-KR1000 Professional Hedge Shears –
- 8. ARS 28- to 41-1/2-Inch Hedge Shears HS-K900Z
- 9. Fiskars 9191 Power-Lever Hedge Shears –
- 10. Floral Guard Hedge Shears –
- Buying guide – what to consider before purchasing hedge shears
- Important FAQs for Best Hedge Shears
Reviews of Top 10 Hedge Shears in the Market
These hedge shears have got a lot of cool features that make trimming, pruning and hedging easier. It has sturdy handles for shaping the outer part of the shrubs into your desired style. The handles make it super easy to access difficult areas other shears couldn’t reach. The blades are sharp and have different curves that assist in cutting bigger branches. They make precision cuts. They are made of top quality steel. The blades are rust-free and lightweight. The blades have a plastic sheath to protect them and they are replaceable in case they go bad. The blades can be sticky once in a while after each cut but all in all, it is a useful pair of hedge shears. This is a pair of hedge shears made with safety and comfort in mind.
- Lightweight handles – The aluminium handles of the shears are lightweight and have perfect grips that do not snap out. The handles are comfortable and also durable
- Nice blade design – The blades are designed to make your tasks easier. The blades continue to perform well after each cut making it dependable and reliable
- Shock-guard bumper – No irritating vibrations with the shock-guard bumper feature which helps to reduce arm and shoulder fatigue thereby making gardening and landscaping fun.
- Protected blades – The blades are well protected by plastic sheaths that protect them from easily getting blunt
- Long-lasting sharpness – The blades stay sharp for a long time due to the powerful steel and blade treatment which ensures continuous cutting performance.
- Durable and sturdy blades
- Precision cuts
- Powerful sharp blades
- Ease of use and maintenance
- Blades can get sticky
These hedge shears are well suited for trimming bushes and branches of fruit trees. It comes with telescopic retractable handles for easy handling and effective performance. The handles can also be extended to reach difficult areas. This makes it the ideal hedge shears for cutting tall branches on different garden trees. The shears are well sharpened and come with wavy blades made with quality tempered steel. This allows for easy and perfect cuts. The telescopic handles effectively increase the much-needed pressure on the blade to perform an excellent job with less effort. There is an adjuster bolt that can be used to reduce the pressure on the blade and also the gaps between the blades. The handles have rubber overlaps to make you feel comfortable.
- Sturdy handles – The sturdy telescopic handles make every task easy. It trims and shapes shrubs and plants very well. It makes it easy to access hard-to-reach areas of the shrubs or plants using the extendable handles.
- Sharp blades – The wavy blades are sharp enough to make them smooth and precise cut that you desire. Every cut makes your shrubs and plants look healthy. These powerful hedge shears do a good job of manicuring your plants with less human labour
- Shock-absorbing bumpers – Vibration is reduced with the shock-absorbing bumpers that provide non-slip handle thereby reducing fatigue of the hands.
- Adjustable blade tension – It comes with an adjustable flower-sized bolt that can be used to reduce or increase blade tension so you can cut through any shrubs or plants no matter how thick
- Plastic sheath protection for blades – The blades have a plastic sheath for their protection. This reduces the risk of getting the blades damaged
- Blades sheath protection
- Precision cut
- Sturdy aluminium & wavy blades
- Comfortable handle grip
- User-friendly design
- Adjustable blades
- Difficult to cut some tree branches
Experience two times cutting power with the Fiskars Hedge Shears. The shears can reach and manoeuvre through hard areas of the shrubs or plants. The handles are extendable and safe. The handles give you a non-slip grip making you feel comfortable and have control over the handles. The steel blades deliver precision cut from one task to another. The blades are super sharp to cut different types of grass, flowers and bushes. The blades are rust-resistant making it very durable. It has shock-absorbing bumpers to withstand shock thereby reducing vibration and fatigue.
- Sharp blades – The blades are strong and sharp enough to cut and shape hedges and shrubs
- Double cutting power – The power-lever technology gives you twice more cutting power to accomplish all garden and landscaping tasks with ease
- 10 inches blade – The blade is long enough to cut through difficult grass, bushes and flowers giving you a beautiful ambience that would become the envy of many.
- Rust-resistant – The blades can serve you for a long time without rust. This is a sign of its durability and dependability
- Shock-absorbing bumpers – The steel handles come with shock-absorbing bumpers to reduce vibration. The non-slip grips offer control on the handles
- Sharp & powerful blades
- Two times cutting power than pivot shears
- Steel blades
- Easy to use
- It can break if used to cut thicker grass and flowers
Hedge out shrubs, bushes and grass with ease with the all-purpose Gilmour Hedge Shear. The innovative design features a straight blade on the upper part while on the lower part, the blade is serrated. The blades are well sharpened. The 8 inches coated blades are non-sticky which helps in no small ways to reduce hand fatigue. It is quite different from other hedge shears with wavy blades. The hedge shears are strong and powerful enough to cut down small and medium-sized branches with precision. Its other nice features include comfortable handle grips, shock-absorbing bumpers and durable steel handles. The hedge shears are made with strength and power to make gardening and landscaping jobs stress-free giving you well-manicured gardens and landscapes. It is not rust-free. So, it requires regular cleaning to prevent them from rust. Though the hedge shears are made in China, they have got nothing to do with the performance.
- 8-inch blades – The 8-inch non-sticky coated blades are ideal for giving your shrubs and plants clean cuts. It is long enough to read difficult areas
- Comfortable grips – The steel handles give you comfortable grips each time you use the hedge shears.
- Shock-absorbing bumpers – The shock-absorbing bumpers help to reduce fatigue while working. Less fatigue means more efficient working hours
- Sharp blades – The blades are very sharp to cut through tough weeds, bushes and plants.
- Innovative design – Its innovative design makes the shears do clean cuts using a straight upper blade and a serrated lower blade
- Easy to use
- Great quality
- Safe to use
- Made in China
- It has no adjustment
Pruning and cutting the thick foliage in your garden is easy with the Okatsune Hedge Shear. The blades are extremely sharp. The blades are made of solid steel usually used in making Japanese swords. This gives the blades a lot of sharpness and cutting power to deliver from cut to cut. However, the blades are not rust-free. You have to clean the shears after each use and oil them properly to prevent rust. The handles give a comfortable grip to easily complete the task. Another drawback is that this pair of hedge shears blades is not replaceable. This is the best Japanese hedge shears.
- Sturdy handles – The handles are very sturdy because they are made from Japanese White Oak
- Comfortable grips – The handles have nice grips making them comfortable to use
- Sharp blades – The blades are pretty sharp helping to do a clean cut of difficult grass and foliage
- Long blades – The long blades make it easy to reach difficult areas on the grass or shrubs
- Powerful and sharp blades
- Easy to use and maintain
- High quality
- A little bit expensive
The Corona HS-3950 Hedge Shears are well suited for the manicuring of your garden, lawn and flowers. The extendable handles are made of solid steel construction delivering only superior performance. Its cutting power helps you to get the job done with less physical effort. The blades are straight and not serrated. The forged, high carbon steel provides precision cut. The carbon steel blades stand for strength and durability. It is fitted with shock-reduction bumpers to reduce fatigue on the hands and shoulders. The lightweight handles guarantee comfortable grips. The adjustable handle can extend between 13 to 20 inches to accommodate every cutting need. This is the best professional hedge shears.
- Steel handles – The hedge shears are made of high-carbon steel making them durable and reliable
- Shock-absorbing bumpers – The shears come with shock-absorbing bumpers to reduce strains on the hands and shoulders so you can handle any task with ease and less labour
- Comfortable grips – The lightweight handles guarantee you comfortable grips to give your shrubs and flowers a good cut
- Adjustable pivot bolt – The pivot bolt is strong and is used to adjust the blades for more tension allowing you have precision cut. The bolt is replaceable.
- Extendable handles – The handles have extendable feature. You can extend the handles with just a twist. The extension of the handles allows you to manoeuvre through difficult and hard-to-reach areas.
- Easy to use
- Durable and strong handles
- Solid construction
- Sharp and extendable blades
- Pivot bolt can lose out sometimes
Shape and prune different hedges and bushes with the ARS HS-KR1000. These pair of hedge shears make pruning so much fun. The blades are razor-sharp. The blades are made of high-carbon steel measuring 7-inch long. They are well treated to give you the best cut possible. The blades can be sharpened with a sharpening stone and they are replaceable. Its sturdy construction makes it worth its price. The screws secure the blades effectively giving it strength and durability. There is the blades tension adjustment. You can loosen or tighten the blades through the pivot bolt. The pivot bolt is replaceable too. The handles are ergonomically designed to give you comfort. The shock-absorbing bumpers do a good job by reducing strains on the hands and shoulders.
- Strong steel blades – The blades are made of steel material which makes them durable.
- Blade treatment – The blades are well treated to give you the excellent performance you want from a pair of hedge shears. The treatment of the blades makes them very strong to withstand rigours
- Long-lasting sharpness – The blades come very sharp and remain sharp cut after cut. It has a pivot bolt for easy blade adjustments
- Comfortable grips – The handles can be handled comfortably due to its shock-absorbing bumper feature that helps to lessen arm vibration and fatigue.
- The professional result – You would expect a professional result from your hedge shears. Professionally manicured jobs are what you get if you are a professional gardener or landscaper.
- Ergonomically designed
- Easy to use
- Replaceable blades
- The bumper has no cushion
Precision cut is what your hedges, shrubs and bushes deserve. This is what the ARS HS-K900Z Hedge Shears superior blade quality delivers. It features adjustable handles ranging from 28 to 41 inches in length making it easy for you to reach high and deep areas with ease. The aluminium handles come with a push button to securely lock in the handles. The blades are are chrome-plated giving it more strength to make difficult cuts with less labour. The hedge shears blades are replaceable and rust-resistant. The handles are slightly curved to make optimum cut. The hedge shears are a perfect tool for the manicuring of your shrubs, trees and bushes.
- Telescopic handles – The telescopic handles are able to get to hard-to-reach shrubs and bushes making it unnecessary to stoop low to have a cut.
- Chrome-plated blades – The blades are chrome-plated giving it a lot more power to do a perfect job cut after cut.
- Adjustable blades – The blades are adjustable to a length of between 28 to 41 inches making it easy to use.
- Aluminum handles – The handles are made of aluminum material with a push button that assist in locking the handles in place.
- Slightly curved blades – The hedge shears blades are slightly curved for increased performance.
- Replaceable blades
- Easy to use
- Superior sharp blades
- No shock-absorbing bumpers
Trimming and shaping of shrubs, hedges and bushes are 2X easier with the Fiskars 9191 Hedge Shears. The hedge shears mechanism has a 4-point pivot that automatically helps to multiply the shears trimming strength. This invariably means you would achieve more with less energy. It has 8-inch cutting blades that are as sharp as a razor to give you a perfectly manicured garden. The blades are not straight but serrated. The serrated blades mean more cutting power and effective performance. The blades are durable since they are made of steel and coated with chrome. This helps to prevent the hedge shears from oxidation. The blades come well-sharpened straight from the factory. The handles are very comfortable. They come with cushioned hand grip. The cushioned hand grip is a good feature that helps to reduce fatigue. It also has shock-absorbing bumpers that minimize arm vibration. The hedge shears come in black handle alongside an orange trim making it aesthetically beautiful. This is an impressive tool for gardeners and landscapers. This is the best hedge trimming shears.
- 2X cutting power – The power-lever mechanism enhances cutting power by making it twice easier
- 8-inch steel blades – The 8-inch serrated steel blades effectively grip branches and deliver clean cuts
- Self-sharpening blades – The hardened steel blades are self-sharpening during every use and also resists corrosion
- Durable steel handles – The handles are made of durable steel guaranteeing durability and reliability
- Shock-absorbing bumper – Arm and shoulder fatigue is reduced with shock-absorbing bumper. It also helps to reduce hand vibration
- Makes work 2x easier
- Comfortable grip
- Sharp steel blades
- Less fatigue
- The pins that keep the blades together can occasionally snap out.
This is the ideal tool for the trimming and shaping of your grass, shrubs, plants and bushes. It has extendable handles to ensure you can reach the hardest areas and make the cuts with ease. The telescopic handles have comfortable non-slip grips for easy handling of the shears. The handles extendable mode reaches 34.6 inches. The carbon steel wavy blades make the precision cut. The sharpened blades make the hedge to operate smoothly. It has a shock-absorbing bumper feature to help reduce vibration when in use. This is a dependable tool that would effectively help you to produce outstanding work.
- Extendable handles – The handles are extendable reaching 34.6 inches when extended and 26.4 inches regular length
- Sharp wavy blades – The carbon steel wavy blades deliver precision cut from one task to another
- Shock-absorbing bumper – There are less arm and shoulder fatigue with the shock-absorbing bumpers. It also reduces arm vibration
- Well treated blades – The treated blades ensure the blades are not fractured or bent when in use. It also makes the blades shaper
- High-carbon steel – The hardened SK-5 Japanese steel makes the hedge shears sharp and durable
- Comfortable non-slip handle grips
- Treated blades
- Hardened blade heat treatment
- The handles are not sturdy
Buying guide – what to consider before purchasing hedge shears
Before buying a pair of hedge spears, there many factors you must consider. This guide will help you to make a good purchase. Below is the hedge shears buying guide.
Hedging power –
This is the most important consideration when purchasing hedge shears. This is about how the hedge shears can cut through foliage and shrubs with less human effort. It is also about the cutting power on stems and vegetation. This boils down to two things – the quality of the hedge shears and the sharpness of the blades. It is also about how long the handles are. The handles must be long enough to reach difficult and tough areas. The blade size must also be considered. Bigger blades mean you can cover large areas and finish up in good time.
Build construction is another important factor that must be considered before getting the hedge shears. You don’t want to waste money by buying a tool every time. You want an item that would stand the test of time. You would want a pair of hedge shears that would continue to perform from cut to cut. Choose a metal constructed shears over the ones made of plastic material. Metal is long-lasting. So, durability cannot be compromised.
Price is an important factor. You would want durable hedge shears that are cost-effective. Everything now depends on the features you are looking for in the hedge shears. The more the features, the higher the price. The price you settle for is a function of features.
Ease of use –
Using too much human efforts to cut through foliage and shrubs will eventually ache your arms and shoulders. This is why the ease of use is a useful factor. Blades without an extendable feature handles without the shock-absorbing bumper and comfortable grips, blades without increased pressure are inadequacies that could make a simple task very difficult. Therefore, it is important to consider a pair of hedge shears that deliver easily without too much labour.
Weight and size –
The weight and size of the hedge shears is a key consideration. You have to look for something lightweight. Heavy hedge shears are burdensome and can cause you arm and shoulder fatigue but a light pair of hedge shears with telescopic handles can deliver with amazing performance. Steel and wood handles tend to be heavier compared to aluminium handles. Hedge shears that reduce fatigue should be considered before purchasing the hedge spears.
Availability of spare parts –
You cannot overlook this factor. You would want a pair of hedge shears that have readily available parts for replacement. The blades could get broken. Getting a blade or pivot bolt replacement is more cost-effective than buying new shears.
Important FAQs for Best Hedge Shears
How to use hedge shears?
There may be times you feel like cutting or pruning your flowers, grass or shrubs yourself. It can feel awkward when you want to use the hedge shears for the first time. Not to worry, this guide will help you to cut your bush effectively. Below is the guide on how to use the hedge shears.
- Before you start, ensure that the hedge shears are clean and in a good working condition.
- Place the hedge shears on the plant and start cutting using a scissors-like cutting style.
- Start by cutting small sections at a time to avoid have a big cut that would make the plant go out of shape.
- After the cutting, ensure that the hedge shears are well cleaned to avoid rust or corrosion.
- Clean them with vinegar.
Watch this short video below to better understand how to use hedge shears?
Before starting be sure your tools are
clean and in good working order head
shears our cutting tools used to make
multiple cuts of small vegetative
material at one time using a scissor
type action simply place the shears near
the plant and with one clean swipe cut
numerous branches at one time
cut small sections and small amounts at
a time to ensure you don’t over prune
your plant be sure to clean your tools
before putting them away to prevent rust
and decay orange oil or vinegar make
excellent natural cleaners.
How to clean hedge shears?
A pair of hedge shears is a must-have tool for keeping trees, hedges and shrubs healthy and beautiful. The hedge shears need a thorough cleaning after each use. Cleaning the blades keep the hedge shears in shape and prevents them from rust. Here is a step-by-step approach to cleaning the hedge shears.
- Rinse the hedge shears perfectly with water to remove soil
- Use a strong brush to scrape leaves, debris and other particles from the blades. Avoid using sandpaper
- Wear a protective shirt and a pair of gloves. Dip a rag in a solvent and use it to wipe the blades.
- Dry the blades using a soft cloth. Make a mixture of bleach and water in small amount and rub the mixture on the blades. Leave the mixture to stay for 2 minutes.
- Wipe the blades dry with a cloth.
How to sharpen hedge shears?
Sharpening the hedge shears is something that should be done periodically in case the blades get blunt. These are steps to sharpening your hedge shears
- Check the pivot bolt – The very first thing is to check the pivot bolt that connects the blades. If the bolt is loosened, ensure that it is well tightened. Use a box socket wrench to tighten them perfectly if a spanner cannot do it well.
- Look for curves or bends on the blades – Carefully look at the blade to be sure they are straight. If you see any bends or curves, it means you would have to loosen the pivot bolt and separate the blades. Wear a pair of thick leather gloves and use a vise grip to make sure the blades are well straightened up.
- Clean the blades – Next, is to thoroughly clean the blades. Clean off dirt, leaves, debris and dust on the blades.
- Use a mill file to sharpen the blades – Before using the mill file, ensure you use the safety goggles. Identify the cutting areas on the blades. Sharpen the blades one at a time. Fix one blade on the vise grip, now, move mill file over the blade. Move the mill file in one direction. Do the same for the other blade.
- Use oil on the blades – After sharpening the blades and ensuring they are sharp, it is time to oil the blades. After fixing the blades, use light oil over the blades and use a clean cloth to rub back and forth on the blades. This is to ensure the blades are protected from rust and corrosion.
Complete Guide On Cleaning And Sharpen Okatsune Shears:
Hi guys, I’m gonna get this YouTube
channel started looking forward to doing
this is something I’ve been wanting to
do for about a year now
finally if God’s a little bit of time
and I have a purpose of what I want to
do hopefully this is going to be helping
some of the other new guys in the
industry hopefully helping them with a
little bit of knowledge I’ve been in
this if you saw the other video I’ve
been in this for a very long time I’ve
had some great mentors taught me a lot
of great things and I feel the need to
help help other guys we were working on
some really nice properties and I have a
certain way of doing things and I think
it could be helpful to some other guys
probably maybe that sounds arrogant I’m
not sure but that’s not the case I just
really want to help I belong to a lot of
Facebook a couple of Facebook groups and
I love helping on the air and I figured
you two would be another avenue for me
to do that so today what I plan on doing
is pretty basic and that’s the oka soon
hedge clippers these are great hedge
clippers if you if there’s anything if
you guys are doing topiary which I do a
lot of topiary these there’s nothing
like them and I’ve ran many hitch
Clippers in my life and these seems to
be pretty close to the best I mean I
know in Japan they are the tool to have
so what I’m gonna be doing today is
cleaning them up giving them a nice
sharpening with the whetstone explaining
that a little bit hopefully the other
guys so they’re not ruining these things
because if you put a very coarse file to
these you could really do some damage so
hopefully I can help out and get that
started in the future we’ll do some
other videos on equipment tools it’s
gonna be a perfect winter to do that
inside here we can show you
guys show you some some of the stuff
that we do so here we go
okay so first things first is we’re
going to clean them off you can tell
they have a little buildup of SAP inside
here and actually we’re I’m pretty I’m
pretty fussy when it comes to these and
that’s really not that bad but we’re
gonna get them all cleaned up over here
with a little bit of super clean and of
course the heater goes on but that
shouldn’t be that big of a deal you
should still be able to hear what I’m doing here
so yeah just clean this thing the sap
off unless we can which is going to be good
if you feel that it’s a little built up a nice small brush
and why I brush these guys off
all that builds up off of there
a little bit more up here
be careful that their shop even though
that they need to be shopping they are still shop
we got one side we’ll do the other side as well
that noise is the air compressor this is possible
nice clean edge be very important when we hold it down
get all that stuff yeah okay
all right I’m going to show you a little
something here on these
we have two edges here
you have a very very small edge
right along the very very edge of it and
then you got the logic this one the
first edge is the more important and I’m
going to show you how to get that
okay guys we got the we got them in the
vise here and we’re gonna get started
now the first thing we’re going to use
is a fine 600 grit this is my old one
you can tell that it’s pretty worn out
so we got a new one here 600 grit and
let me give this one a shot in front of
the camera for the first time so what I
want to do is I want to cover this blade
up okay so that I don’t cut myself and
you take this whetstone 600 grit and you
got the broad edge and then you got the
real edge and the real edge is right
across the bottom here it’s a very fine
edge and we’re gonna try to get started
on that first keep applying water to the
stone very very thirsty that’s how they
work that way long strokes
keep oh my god here I got a water for
the stove the bucket just keep on going
get that nice and well these more
terrible they need it to be done but
they were terrible it will keep on going
now with the 600 grit we get by that’s nice
we shop then you can start going on the broad
end find that angle so we’re gonna
continue on with our about 600 grit if
these things are real nice edge on here
good idea to cover a rack up your right
so you don’t cut yourself you use the
whole length of the stone again we use
the 600 grit on this ya give this broad
edge nice cleaning she already gave
applying edges of cleaning
getting a nice nice edge already of you
very good keep our zone
all right okay I’m gonna switch back
over to the thousands right now and
clean that up give it a nice nice shine
not rocket science let us take a little bit of patience
knowing your angles now hmm just want to
reiterate something here I am NOT a
professional sharpener guys out there if
you if you know better than me that’s great
what I’ve learned suits me very well but
I’m always willing to learn more so for
our purposes this is actually pretty good
see how we’re doing here and boy that
looks good that looks really good
that looks really good now on the other
size of the blade what we want to do
the feinstone flat no angles no angles
back and forth straight on the blade
you’re just gonna clean off any wire or any any burr
that’s on there all that this is this
step is for if you back angle the blade
when they come together they won’t cut
it needs to stay flat and don’t do too
much because if you’re not taking up
taking them apart this will get thinner
this will stay thick and then you’ll get
a little spot all you’re doing just
cleaning that edge off all you’re doing
no Steve no metal being removed okay
okay that’s one side okay I’ll do the
other side and I’ll be back in a minute
so we had the Clippers we’ve got a great
shop edge on them both sides
proof is and bloopers in the paper
so the paper
I would say they’re shot we’re good what
I like to do next with these
a little bit of three and one oil on there
nice light coat on all of it
and you got it perfect perfect perfect
set of all the city’s beautiful
I hope you enjoyed guys you like it let
me know thanks.
How hedge clippers use can help bud growth?
Today I want to explain the techniques
reasons and the tools that I’m using to
control the growth in multiple leaders
today I’m going to be talking about a by
ax Geneva 11 Aztec Fuji tree these trees
were planted last year they’re in their
second leaf and I’ve utilized the hedge
cutters now for this will be the second
year using them last year I came through
at planting and removed all branches
about end of June I came through with
the hedge cutters and cut any growth off
that was that was starting to compete
with the upward growth of the tree my
main goal here is to transfer oxen from
any point in the tree and push it off
the top I’ve been using this method for
the last three years and I’ve seen
significant improvement in my leader
growth after using the hedge cutters and
also using hand Clippers at times to
take the oxen from the lateral branches
and push it off the top this branch last
year was whipped at planting if there
was even a branch here during planting
but when it grew out to about four inches
it was hedge caught in the end of June
what that resulted in was a fruit spur
on the inside for this year a fruit spur
at the cut and growth that only came out
another three inches which also had a
fruit spur at the end of it and another
fruits berg this branch had net
if this branch had not been heads cut it
would have grown out two feet this
entire inside would have most likely
been blank and it would have continued
to grow upright without any fruitful
productivity since the hedge cut the
inside has options past it has fruit
that will bring this branch down to an
under pendent level hopefully and the
Fuji problem of upright branching and
non-productive branches will be solved
with this one quick sweep of a hedge
cutter so if you can see this branch it
was a little larger with the hedge cut
that was made right here in the summer
we produced three inside branches two
fruits other fruiting points that didn’t
make apples this year and a lot of
options working on the interior of this
tree rather than what would’ve came out
is a very strong branch with an upward
angle losing productivity blanking out
interior wood and just causing all the
problems that make a Fuji tree
unproductive this is a very small branch
that was hedged cut last summer this cut
was the last winter’s cut last summer’s
cut it grew out it was cut again and
stimulating these buds in here to be
fruit buds and very weak vegetative buds
there’s also buds on the inside that are
going to push out a new branch and keep
the fruiting surface very close to this
leader another example is down here
where this will probably come out as a
vegetative bud this will be a fruit bud
on the interior these latent buds will
also push out small guards it’ll look
something like like this little guy and
continue to give me options for future
cutbacks and pushing this tree back into
a into a tighter space.
We move down one more level here’s
another example of the heads cut out at
the end and the stimulated bugs inside
trying to keep that production moving
very close to the leader of the truth.
A pair of hedge shears is a useful tool for gardeners and landscapers. It is also a must-have for homeowners who have backyard gardens. What are the best hedge shears? If you are looking for nice hedge shears that are not expensive but can get the job done, we recommend the Tabor Tools Hedge Shears. But if you are looking for something more robust and beyond the ordinary, we would recommend Okatsune Precision Hedge Shear if you don’t mind the cost. This is best Japanese garden shears.