Are moles wreaking havoc on your yard or garden?
Have you tried different methods to eliminate them without success?
Are you willing to try a proven and effective way of getting rid of moles?
If your answer is yes, then, what you need is a mole trap.
Mole traps capture moles like no other. If you are looking for the best mole traps, this review is specifically made for you. Here are the 10 best mole traps.
Comparison of 10 Best Mole Traps for 2020
The comparison table below makes it easy for you to make up your mind on the right mole trap well suited for you. Carefully check the table to make a comparison and make informed choices:
Table of Contents
- Reviews of 10 Best Mole Traps in 2020
- 1. Wiretek 1001 EasySet Mole Eliminator Trap -(Best wire tek mole trap)
- 2. Victor Out O’Sight Mole Trap 0631 – (Best victor mole trap)
- 3. Around The Home (EMT) Metal Easy Mole Trap – (Best around the home metal easy mole trap emt)
- 4. Tomcat Mole Trap –(Best tomcat mole trap)
- 5. Black Hole Reusable Spring Loaded Gopher Trap – (Best mole traps amazon)
- 6. Cinch Mole Trap with Tunnel Marking Flag – (Best cinch mole traps)
- 7. Choker Loop Mole Trap – (Best choker loop mole trap)
- 8. Tomcat 0363210 Mole Trap – (Best mole traps lowes)
- 9. Wildlife Control Supplies NoMol Mole Trap – (Best nomol mole trap 4 pack)
- 10. M-ARINE BABY Easy Set Mole Eliminator Trap – (Best scissor mole trap)
- Best Mole Traps Buying Guide for 2020
- FAQs on Best Mole Traps in 2020
- Final Verdict
Reviews of 10 Best Mole Traps in 2020
1. Wiretek 1001 EasySet Mole Eliminator Trap -(Best wire tek mole trap)
This mole trap, when placed according to the set instructions, is capable of eliminating moles from your garden, farm, lawn or yard. This wire tek mole trap is an effective tool in the control of rampaging moles.
Setting this wire tek 1001 easyset mole eliminator trap is easy without the fear of injuring yourself, unlike other mole traps that could get your fingers or hand stuck in them. Placing the trap needs no digging of holes.
Just place the trap and use your leg to push it deep into the mole tunnel and that is all. Ensure you insert the closed jaw properly into the centre of the tunnel until this wire tek mole eliminator trap sits firmly. Step on the setting lever to easily set the trap and its trigger mechanism.
Done! You are ready to catch your first mole. Moles have a great sense of smell. So when setting the trap, ensure that you wear a pair of gloves. This wire tek 1001 mole trap is a safe mole trap. Wire tek 1001 easyset mole eliminator trap is suitable for the farm, ranches, gardens and lawns.
- No guesswork – This wire tek mole eliminator trap 1001 eliminates guesswork. Just set the trap and walk away.
- Easy setup – Use your foot to set the trap and place it into the mole tunnel. It is that easy.
- Forget poisons and chemicals – With the EasySet Mole Eliminator Trap, you don’t have to waste money buying mole poisons and chemicals. Just set the trap and wait. This makes the trap very cost-effective.
- No digging required – Many mole traps require digging but not this one. Just push the trap deep into the mole tunnel and wait for the trap to snap.
- Safe to use – You are not exposed to any danger when setting this wire tek easyset mole eliminator trap making it very safe to use.
2. Victor Out O’Sight Mole Trap 0631 – (Best victor mole trap)
This victor mole trap comes with malleable iron jaws that are durable and strong for easy mole trapping. It is also made with setting levers for ease of setting the trap.
This victor out o sight mole trap is suitable for all soil types but performs better on sandy soil. It features a safety clip for easy setting. The victor out o’sight mole trap is followed by clear instructions on how to set and place the trap.
Just place this victor out of sight mole trap in the mole’s tunnel and well covered with some dirt and wait for the catch. One low side for the trap is that digging is required to place the trap but it works effectively and efficiently.
- Neither chemical nor poisons are required – Setting the mole trap is effective without the use of any kind of chemicals or poisons.
- Easy to use – This victor plunger mole trap is fitted with setting levers making it easy to use. Its malleable iron jaws are made with a lot of strength to work effectively
- Works in any soil – The trap is not sensitive to any soil type. It works on all types of soil but it performs better on sandy soil
- Sturdy materials – The victor out o’sight mole trap is built with sturdy materials for strength and durability
- Ready to use – You don’t have to bother about doing anything after purchasing the trap. This victor out o sight mole trap amazon is ready to use straight from the box. Just read through the instructions for setting up the trap and set it as instructed.
3. Around The Home (EMT) Metal Easy Mole Trap – (Best around the home metal easy mole trap emt)
This around the home metal easy mole trap emt is designed with safe operation in mind. This easy-to-use trap is designed is effective. Made with electroplated high strength steel, the trap has a strong steel spring mechanism to easily catch a mole.
This metal easy mole trap is heavy-duty. The stainless steel build makes it easy to clean and use. One good thing about this mole trap is that it requires less preparation work to set it up. The trap is reusable and easy to set.
- Sturdy trap – This around the home metal mole trap is a robust mole trap. It is designed for effective result and well built to last
- Made with quality materials – The trap is made with electroplated strong steel with some stainless steel springs for durability and reliability.
- Easy to use – Its ease of use stands it out from the rest of the mole traps
- No need for crude methods – With the Easy Mole Trap, there is no need to employ crude methods such as running a hose into the tunnel, smoking the tunnel or using poisons. This makes it very cost-effective. Just set the mole and wait for it to trip
- Quick-trigger spring system – The spring mechanism and this metal mole trap is sensitive enough to trigger and catch up with any moles
4. Tomcat Mole Trap –(Best tomcat mole trap)
The trap is safe. If you are sensitive to seeing splashes of blood, then, it means the mole trap is made for you. This tomcat mole trap parts kill moles humanely without spilling blood.
This makes it unique from other traps. Its innovative and effective design makes it an excellent trap that can be reused over and over again. The low profile nature of the trap makes it easy to sit close to the level of the ground making placing and setting up hassle-free.
One great feature of this setting a tomcat mole trap is that it can be safely disengaged with ease and moved to another tunnel. The mole trap has got no sticking out bulky metal or equipment that could be injurious to the person setting the trap.
Place the trap jaws in an active mole tunnel, then, step on the yellow foot petal of the trap and set its trigger just below the surface. That is all. Then, wait for the catch.
The moment the trap triggers, you will notice that the yellow petal has sprung up, that is the sign of a mole catch. This tomcat mole trap works more effectively if you purchase mole bait along with the trap. Some users have complained of the trap breaking after one or two catch but this is one of the best mole tunnel traps.
- No blood spills – The trap kills moles without drawing blood.
- Innovative design – The hand’s free feature makes it an innovative trap that catches moles effectively
- Durable material – This setting tomcat mole trap is made of durable heavy-duty nylon for long-lasting use
- Mole bait – Using mole bait gives you the result you desire faster. Eating the mole bait without catching the mole makes the mole die underground
- Ease of use – These tomcat mole trap instructions are super easy to use.
5. Black Hole Reusable Spring Loaded Gopher Trap – (Best mole traps amazon)
The design of this mole traps amazon makes it very easy to set but it is important to check the trap every one or two days because gophers can block the opening of the trap with dirt requiring you to always clear the dirt.
Its well-rounded design creates a tunnel effect making it easy to be placed into a gopher’s tunnel. This easy mole trap amazon has been creatively crafted to catch a different type of critters including moles, rats, mice, etc.
This is an all-in-one trap. To set the trap, you need to identify the mound where gophers pass through frequently, place some dirt around the entrance of the trap to place the gopher trap. The trap is longer in size than many other traps. This requires that you dig a deeper hole to set the trap properly.
- Reusable trap – This gopher traps is made of sturdy plastic material making it tough enough to resist bad weather. The material construction makes it durable and thus reusable
- Effective pest control – This is an effective trap for pest control. It is easy to set and once a pest is caught, all you need to do is just to empty the trap and reset it for the next catch
- No poison is needed – No need for the use of poison or any other toxic chemicals. The non-toxic trap is spring-loaded for a clean catch without a mess
- All-purpose trap – This amazon easy mole trap is not only effective for catching gophers, but it can also be used to catch all manner of pests including moles, mice, rats, voles, shrews and many more.
- Easy to use and safe – This best gopher traps is easy to use and safe too. Its sensitive spring-loaded trap catches pests with ease making pest elimination and disposal super easy.
6. Cinch Mole Trap with Tunnel Marking Flag – (Best cinch mole traps)
These cinch mole traps are a complete solution to havoc-wreaking moles and gophers. This trap also deals with other types of rodents making it an all-purpose trap.
It catches moles or gophers without a mess. This cinch mole trap small makes the trap a humane-killer making it a humane mole trap. The trap is efficient and eco-friendly.
It uses a clincher system to catch rodents. This mole cinch trap is a durable trap made of high quality galvanized steel. It can be used on the lawns, gardens, farms and even outdoors.
- Humane killing – This cinch traps medium mole trap kit kills mole or gophers by trapping their necks. No blood, no mess.
- Heavy-duty construction – Made with galvanized steel, the trap can be used outdoors even in the harshest of weathers
- Eco-friendly trap – The trap is safer than using poisons or chemicals to kill moles and gophers. It is also reusable
- All-in-one rodent trap – You don’t need to buy one trap for moles and another for gophers. One trap solves all rodents’ problems
- Easy to use – Just find a mole’s mound, dig deep and bury this mole control cinch traps for it to easily trip for your first-mole catch.
7. Choker Loop Mole Trap – (Best choker loop mole trap)
If you are tired of using ineffective mole traps, it is high time you tried the Choker Mole Trap. This nash 100 choker loop mole trap is made of galvanized steel and a solid cast-aluminium base for easy spring up.
Its strong build makes it weather-resistant. It is also protected against rust. The loop makes for an easy catch. This choker loop mole trap setting tool is safe to use around children and pests.
With this nash choker loop mole trap, you can eliminate the thought of using poisons or chemicals to get rid of moles. Care must be taken when setting the trap because it is very sensitive and this is also why it is effective.
Set it in a fresh mole run or tunnel. Make sure you flatten the tunnel where the trap will be placed. Set the loops deep into the ground so that the trap can slide into the ground with ease.
- Safe to use – This nash choker loop mole trap cl 1 is one of the safest mole traps to use around children and pets
- Strong construction – Galvanized steel construction with cast-aluminium base makes the trap durable and reusable
- Efficient – This choker loop mole trap instructions is efficient and effective in catching moles without much trouble
- Highly sensitive – It has a lot of spring power making it very sensitive for easy mole catch
- No poisons or chemicals – You don’t have use poisons or chemicals anymore with this trap. It eliminates moles effectively
8. Tomcat 0363210 Mole Trap – (Best mole traps lowes)
This mole traps lowes is easy to place and kills moles without blood mess. Locate an active mole tunnel, dig into the tunnel a little bit, set the trap, activate the trigger and wait for the first catch in no time.
This tomcat mole trap lowes is made with high-grade material making it durable and reusable. Its construction is very sturdy and long-lasting. It comes with mechanical traps for a fast catch.
With this trap, you don’t have to think of mole repellants or the use of poisons. This trap will do the job by eliminating troubling moles from your lawns, yards and gardens.
- Effective – The trap effectively catches moles without blood stains or mess making the trap ideal for people who are sensitive to the sighting of blood.
- Specially-designed – This is a specially-designed mole trap with a hands-free feature making it easy to use and operate
- Easy to set – This mole traps lowes is a stress-free trap when it comes to setting it up. Identify and active tunnel, place the trap and set it. Then, activate the trigger and wait for a catch
- Strong construction – The build of the trap is strong making it durable and long-lasting
- Worm bait – For faster trapping of moles, This tomcat mole trap lowes is advised that you buy the Tomcat Worm Bait to easily trap and eliminate moles from your lawns or gardens
9. Wildlife Control Supplies NoMol Mole Trap – (Best nomol mole trap 4 pack)
Moles have no chance with four-mole traps in one pack. The package comes with four wooden stakes and an easy-to-understand instructional guide.
This nomol mole trap 4 pack is one of the cost-effective ways to get rid of moles with ease. The trap is easy to set. Allow the traps to sit underground so that they are not visible.
This helps for easy mole catch and the prevention of other pests from destroying your garden or farm. It is very safe to use. These top rated mole traps are a simple and effective solution to exterminating pests from your property.
- Rust-resistant – The construction of the trap is made with durable material that makes it resistant to rust
- Easy to set – This nomol mole trap amazon is design makes it easy to set up with less effort
- Easy instructions – It comes with instructions to easily set up the trap
- Below the ground set up – It is built to sit below the ground inside the mole tunnel for effective results
- 4 traps with support sticks – The package comes with 4 traps and 4 wooden stakes making these professional mole trapsa are ideal and cost-effective for the elimination of destructive pests
10. M-ARINE BABY Easy Set Mole Eliminator Trap – (Best scissor mole trap)
Once the mole comes around it, this ground mole traps is activated by the mole and there is an instant catch. The trap has iron jaws that are strong and durable.
Save your money on mole repellants and poisons, this trap is effective and dependable. It is safe for children and pets. The mole trap is easy to use and clean.
- Ready-to-use – This is the best ground mole traps requires no extra work after purchasing. It is ready-to-use straight from the box
- No ground preparation – This is not like the other mole traps you have to do a lot of ground preparation. Place and set the trap and expect to have a catch
- No bait required – There is no need to waste money on mole baits before moles are caught. No bait is needed for this trap to effectively catch moles
- Requires no poisons or chemicals – Save money that would have been used to purchase poisons and chemicals. Using the Easy Set Mole Eliminator Trap means you don’t need to use poisons or chemicals
- Clear instructions included – Instructions on how to set your mole trap is included in the package. This scissor mole trap is clear instructions to help get rid of moles with ease.
Best Mole Traps Buying Guide for 2020
It can be a very difficult task in choosing the right mole trap. Before buying a mole trap, there are things to consider. Here is a result-proven buying guide to help you purchase the right mole trap.
Trapping method –
Doing proper research on the trapping method is an important aspect of purchasing a mole trapping methods. There are many mole traps with different trapping methods. There are container traps that house the mole inside the container and immediately a mole enters it, the opening of the trap is shut against the mole. There are exposed traps that are easy to clean. Some other traps kill moles instantly. Choose a trapping method that suits you.
How efficient is the victor out o sight mole trap? This is a question you must try to answer before buying a mole trap. The type of soil where the trap will be set also determines the effectiveness of the trap. Some traps work well on sandy soil while other traps are suited for hummus or loamy soils. Some traps are oversensitive. You want that trap to catch pests not your puppies. So, oversensitive traps.
You need to know if the mole trap is user-friendly. How easy is it to set the trap? If a mole trap is too complicated to set, it might not achieve the desired result. A user-friendly trap should also be reusable and easy to clean.
How safe is the pet safe mole traps? This question is critical to buying a mole trap. You don’t want to get injured setting a trap. Check all the exposed parts of the trap to be sure they are not injurious. Pets and children should be safe around mole traps.
Essential features –
Look at the features of the mole trap. Look for traps that have well-welded legs, handles and spring. This feature gives such traps away as durable and sturdy. Such traps can be made of galvanized steel or other types of steel.
FAQs on Best Mole Traps in 2020
What do moles do?
Moles are carnivorous animals so they don't eat plants. Moles underground tunnels can destroy your lawn or garden if not properly checked. Moles love to eat earthworms. They feed on insects and grubs too. They are usually found on wet lands with rich soil where they find a good number of earthworms. But moles are not entirely bad. They are beneficial in some ways. Moles help to kill grubs that damage grass and shrubs. Moles help to maintain the soil by transporting humus deeper in the soil. They also carry mineral-rich subsoil to the surface of the earth which helps plants to grow. So, moles are not all about destruction. If you have well-behaved moles on your property, you may let them live because they are partners in progress.
When Is A Good Time To Catch A Mole?
Catching moles can be very challenging. Setting a mole trap is easy but catching a mole is a tough job. This makes it important for you to understand moles' activities before setting a trap.
Moles are usually very active early in the morning or late at night. They are more active after the rain. Moles like to eat earthworms. Earthworms are in abundance after the rain. So, the timing of setting your mole trap must fall into the period when moles are highly active.
How to set a mole trap?
Moles love to eat worms. In search of worms, they make tunnels that make your yard or lawn an eyesore. Moles are not dangerous to humans but are capable of wreaking havoc on your property. If you want to get rid of moles, this is how to set a mole trap.
The most effective method of eliminating moles is to make use of a choker loop trap or spring trap.
How to set a mole scissor trap?
The scissors-type mole traps amazon is another effective mole trap for eliminating moles. There are two ways to set this type of trap. It is either you set it in the mould or the tunnel. Whichever method you choose, the trap will still make a catch. Some tunnels are below the surface but it doesn’t matter. The setting of the trap is just the same.
The first thing is to locate the hole. Then, scrape the hole with a spade or use your hands to do it. Next is to enlarge the tunnel so that the trap can be placed properly inside that tunnel. As you set the trap, ensure that the trap jaws are intact. This is to enable it to snap easily and catch the mole. Set the spring-loaded mechanism with the handle. The ring should be in the middle to work effectively. Just cover the trap with some oil to level it. After you have done all this, the next thing is to wait to make a catch.
How to make a mole trap?
If you don’t have 30 to 50 dollars to buy a mole trap, you can make one by yourself. These are what you need to make a mole trap.
- Soda bottle
- Find an active mole tunnel
- Build the trap – Using a 2-litre soda bottle, cut off the top of the bottle.
- Use bait – Use a juicy fruit as bait. Tape the fruit on top of the jar so it dangles down
- Place the trap – Look for the active mole tunnel and place the trap and wait
You may watch this boring video tutorial on ‘How to make a mole trap’:
How to set a spring mole trap?
If have a spring trap, you will have to level it up an area of the tunnel that is a little bit bigger than the base of the trap you want to set and place the spring loaded mole trap over the tunnel. If it is a trap that could cause grave injury to children or pets, it makes sense to cover the trap with a bucket. After setting the trap, wait for some time, a mole will trigger the trap for a catch.
How to set a Choker loop trap?
Trace an active mole tunnel. Step on the tunnels to collapse them. If you see another tunnel the next day, that means you have found an active mole tunnel. Set the trap on that very tunnel to follow the choker loop mole trap instructions. Place the trap in the tunnel and set the tripping mechanism. Once the mole steps on the tripping mechanism, you have a catch.
How to set a Victor Mole Traps?
Setting a Victor Mole Trap is ease. Just follow the below instructions
- To find the active tunnel, first of all, flatten the tunnel and wait for 24 or 48 hours. If the tunnel returns, that is an active mole tunnel. Setting victor mole trap in this identified place
- Use your finger to press down the top of the tunnel and place the trap right there.
- Press down the trap till the bottom of the spears is out
- Take the spears up and down ensuring they are free.
- Ensure that the firing latch is outside of the pan
- While holding the trap frame, quickly pull handle upward until the firing latch snaps over the pan. Now, the trap is set.
Here’s a complete video guide on ‘The Victor Out O’ Sight Mole trap. How I set it up’
How to set a Nash Mole Trap?
Find the mole tunnel. Then press the two loops of the trap and follow the nash mole trap instructions so that the metal rod that you have in the front can loop over the wire at the top. Then, place the loops in the trip levers back slot. Push the wire loops down into the ground and placed it into the mole’s tunnel. Ensure that the loops go a bit deeper into the tunnel. Then, pull out the trap and place it again to be sure the loops are moving freely inside the soil. After you have successfully placed the trap on the mole’s pathway, finally, place the wire rod in the front of the slot where you have the trip lever. The mole will trigger the trap for a catch.
Getting rid of moles in your gardens or yards is made easier with the help of mole traps. But in some cases, the disturbing pest is just more than moles. Voles, mice, rats, shrews are also some of the pest running around the lawns. If you are dealing with many pests, we recommend that you go for NoMol Mole Trap or the Black Hole Gopher Trap. Any of these traps can eliminate different types of pests including gophers. If moles are just your headache, it is recommended you use the Tomcat Mole Trap or Choker Loop Mole Trap. These mole traps were not only recommended because of their effectiveness but also for their ease of use. These are some of the best mole traps in the market.
You know, moles are mammals that can wreak havoc on your gardens or lawns. They usually feed on insects and earthworms. Moles can occupy soil-rich lands and destroy your garden by digging large underground tunnels. There are two ways to get rid of moles. It is either through mole traps or repellants. In this review, we shall be discussing the best mole traps to catch ravaging moles in your garden.