Are you worried about appealing to both the light and heavy trucks?
Do you want your brake pads to be made for heat?
Do you want your brake pads to be eco-friendly?
If you agree with all the above questions, then all you need is the brake pads for towing. The brake pad not only helps you in towing the heavy vehicles or hauling but also helps them enhance their performance. Also, helps in reducing the noise, the brake pad withstand the hot condition. Given below is the list of the 10 best brake pads for towing:
Table of Contents
- Considerations Before Buying Best Brake Pads for Towing in 2020
- 10 Best Brake Pads for Towing in 2020
- 1. Bosch BC905 QuietCast Premium Ceramic Disc Brake Pad
- 2. ACDelco 14D785CH Advantage Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Set
- 3. Wagner ThermoQuiet QC465A Ceramic Disc Pad Set
- 4. Power Stop Truck and Tow Front and Rear Brake Kit
- 5. Akebono ACT905 Brake Pad Kit
- 6. ACDelco 17D785CH Professional Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Set
- 7. Power Stop K3167-36 Z36 Truck & Tow Front Brake Kit
- 8. Wagner Severe Duty SX756 Semi-Metallic Disc Pad Set
- 9. EBC Brakes DP31210C Redstuff Ceramic Low Dust Brake Pad
- 10. Hawk Performance HB302Y.700 LTS Brake Pad
- FAQs on the Best Brake Pads for Towing in 2020
- Final Verdict:
Considerations Before Buying Best Brake Pads for Towing in 2020
The brake pads for towing not only help you in towing or hauling your heavy vehicles but also have coverage and increase in the spreading of production. Made up of metals that are strong enough to do the heavy task, the brake pads are eco-friendly. Below are some important points that you must keep in mind before placing an order:
(1). Aluminum alloy:
The brake pads for towing you are planning to buy must have an alloy of aluminum instead of the copper metal. Without the copper, these brake pads are eco-friendly. Also, with this metal, the performance of your product is heightening. The aluminum alloy is also used in aerospace engineering to infuse. Moreover, with the rotors of your vehicle, the lifetime of your brake pads increase and they can be used for years. They are designed in such a way that they resist corrosion. Furthermore, they allow flexibility in movement.
(2). Brake calipers:
With the brake calipers, your product can fit every vehicle. The performance of your vehicles such as trucks or car is enhanced. You can also permit to change the front and rear brake pads. Your product must include the complete brake kit which consists of the custom made powder, stop rotors, and also the brake calipers. The kit must be compatible in nature and also make sure that both the rotor and brake pads must fit properly. No matter what terrain you drive in, the stop rotors helps you the strong power to stop your vehicles. The custom made powder is actually made up of the compounds of ceramic and carbon fiber which are the primary component. To add beauty to your wheels, the rotors are plated with zinc and provide you protections. Your brake pad must be of high-quality as with the low-quality, they may not contain all these mentioned pieces of equipment in the brake kit.
(3). Design with heavy-duty:
The brake pads you want to buy must be designed to support the heavy-duty. The main objective of your product must be providing you the great efficiency and stopping power. Also, they must be designed in such a way that they help you in the reduction of friction from your products. To boost the working of your product, they must be made up of the multi-layer shim system. Also, you must ensure that your product must provide you with extra security. Your desired product must be design with the upgraded bolt-on formula. They must be designed with the feature to easily get installed with the simplified installation system. Also, they must be appealing to both the light and heavy trucks. Furthermore, your brake pads are dependent on the type of vehicle you are using or on what road you are driving, so the wearing of your product can be reduced slowly. For the heavier loads, your brake pads must be made up of the ceramic carbon-fiber materials also helps them work properly and gives you a satisfy and enjoyable ride.
(4). Made for heat:
Make sure that your brake pads must be designed to stand in the hot conditions. When you hit your product, they have a good response and with the amount of heat evolving, the brake pads are made efficient and long-lasting. They are durable in nature and thus you can use them for a longer period of time. Also, they must be easy to install and withstand any type of road, either up the hill or down. Also, they must be durable and must have a long life. Your product must be designed in such a way that they are able to withstand the heat. Also, they must have slots which not only protects your brake pads from getting bend in the hot condition.
(5). Insulate noise:
Because of the excessive wear, the wear indicators when reaching its contact point make an irritable noise. Your product must be made up of the multi-layer shim system that is made of the steel to insulate the noise and boost the working. Moreover, they must be designed in such a way that your product can be easily clean after the dirt and dust stuck in your braking system. Also, they must help you in reducing the noise. Make sure that you are provided with the complete hardware and they must be replaceable easily so that you can exchange with the old and not working hardware with the new one. They must be designed in such a way that the shim in your product does not allow noise. Furthermore, they must also help in the reduction of the vibration caused by the towing. They must be designed with the OE technology for the shim.
10 Best Brake Pads for Towing in 2020
Today, one of every three Asian, Domestic, and European vehicles on the road in North America includes Bosch braking components. That’s because Bosch has been a key player in the braking industry since applying for its first brake system design patent in 1936. Bosch introduced Antilock Braking technology to market, as well as Electronic Stability Control systems. Now Bosch brings over 70 years of OE braking expertise to the aftermarket with Bosch QuietCast Premium Disc Brake Pads. The QuietCast Premium Disc Brake Pad program offers top quality, availability, competitive pricing, and full coverage for all make and models of Domestic, Asian, and European automobiles, light trucks, and SUVs. Formulations include platform-specific Copper Free ceramic and semi-metallic that meets the 2025 Copper Free Legislation. With ‘Science Behind the Silence’, QuietCast raises aftermarket brake pad technology to a whole new level. Bosch QuietCast Premium Disc Brake Pads utilize innovative materials that ensure the highest level of quality. Bosch integrated their best OE-style rubber core multilayer him to ensure quiet operation. QuietCast delivers the quiet operation you expect with the durability and long life that are the hallmarks of all Bosch products. QuietCast comes complete with hardware (where available) and lubricant to do a complete brake job the first time, every time.
- Bosch dedicated engineering to platform-specific premium materials, ensuring exceptional stopping power and quiet operation with low dust
- Quiet operation with rubber core multilayer shim provides increased strength and insulation against noise
- The advanced aerospace alloy used in patented copper-free ceramic and semi-metallic friction formula is compliant with 2025 Copper Free legislation
- Protective transfer layer extends pad and rotor life
- Slots and chamfers for premium quality, fit, and function; hardware kit (where available) and synthetic lubricant included performing a complete brake job. The powder-coated backing plate prevents rust and corrosion for prolonged pad life.
Bosch Disc Brake Installation:Video Transcript:
ACDelco Advantage Ceramic Disc Brake Pads have a ceramic formulation that uses less metal, providing quality braking power in a quiet and low-dusting package. Also, hardware clip kits are included where applicable. ACDelco Advantage Ceramic Disc Brake Pads are available for all makes and models. Warning: Automobile parts, accessories and ancillary chemicals contain chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. Wash hands after using.
- Ceramic, Semi-Metallic, and Organic formulas provide safety and reliability for a range of vehicle applications
- Basic shims, slots, and chamfers help to diminish noise, vibration, and braking harshness
- No curing or machining required, ready to be installed right out of the box.
Wagner is the innovator in braking technologies for passenger cars, medium-duty and commercial applications. Wagner sets industry standards with leading engineering expertise and a commitment to ensuring that their parts deliver superior braking performance. With comprehensive coverage, Wagner Brake provides all the components necessary for a complete brake repair. Their premium products offer exceptional quality all the latest applications.
Wagner ThermoQuiet brake pads feature Wagner OE21 low copper technology, setting new benchmarks for their ceramic brake pad performance. Wagner ThermoQuiet is the ‘One Piece Brake Pad’ that provides quieter braking and superior stopping performance in any driving condition. Exclusive Integrally Molded Sound Insulator (IMI) dissipates heat and vibration for quieter braking. Proprietary friction formulations provide superior stopping performance and less dust. Install Wagner Brake products with total confidence
- Quieter Performance. (35% Quieter)
- Superior Stopping Power. (15% More stopping power)
- Less Dust and Longer Pad Life.
- Comprehensive coverage for foreign and domestic vehicle applications.
Power Stop Z36 Extreme Truck and Tow brake kit is for your F 150 that tow/haul, as well as the off-road enthusiast. The low dust ceramic formula brake pads are reinforced with carbon fibers to strengthen the compound. They are dust-free, noise-free, and give you increased braking power without sacrificing everyday drivability with your F 150. The rotors are cast using the finest G3000 metallurgy with strict OE tolerances making them a perfect, bolt-on upgrade without the need to make any modifications. Precision drill holes allow for maximum rotor cooling. This keeps your brakes temperatures down during extreme operating conditions. Rounded slots help wipe away any gas or debris keeping a clear contact patch on the rotor surface for safe, smooth braking. Silver Zinc Dichromate plating is applied to all drilled & slotted rotors, they not only look great behind your wheels, but to help prevent rust & corrosion. Any time you add weight to your F 150 by hauling a load, towing a trailer, or simply adding a larger wheel/tire combination, you change the operating conditions of your stock brake package. Those operating conditions may exceed the ability of the stock braking components. But don’t worry, Power Stop Z36 brake kit with calipers provide the extra stopping power to bring your F 150 to a halt quickly!
- Engineered to handle the added stress of towing, hauling, Mountainous driving or lifted trucks
- Proprietary carbon fiber ceramic Materials Enhance the strength of a typical ceramic brake pad compound to handle heavier loads
- Low dust braking validated through on vehicle 3rd party tests in Los Angeles, showing on average 30 percent less dust versus OE
- Dual layer high temp rubberized shims insulate Noise for virtually silent braking
- Bolt on upgrade for stock brakes, no modifications necessary.
How to Install Power Stop Z36 Truck and Tow Brake Kit?Video Transcript: Customers Feedback:
Engineered to precise Original Equipment (OE) standards, Akebono ProACT Ultra-Premium ceramic brake pads provide the ultimate braking experience suitable for the vast majority of motorists. Designed using vehicle-optimized friction formulations aimed at eliminating noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) and severely limiting wheel dust, while increasing durability and smooth braking events, they are the best replacement for restoring OE ceramic pad performance, as well as upgrading from conventional pads.
Ultimate Performance with OE Quality
Cruising along the interstate, creeping through rush hour traffic or navigating through your neighborhood, you count on your brakes to stop your vehicle every time with smooth, quiet assurance. Why possibly compromise braking performance just because it is time to replace your Brake Pads? Today, motorists have an option to restore OE performance.
Akebono Pro-ACT Ultra Premium ceramic brake pads are the aftermarket’s only OE validated, application-specific friction formulations. Akebono knows the precise definition of OE-Quality as determined by the Original Equipment Manufacturers, because Akebono bids on all vehicle platforms and models years in North America. In addition to dramatically quieter braking, Pro-ACT Ceramic Pads provide best-in-class braking performance, including enhanced initial effectiveness (no break-in required), high resistance to fade, consistent brake pedal feel and ultra-low dusting for cleaner wheels and tires. Ceramic technology also causes minimal wear on brake rotors. Taken together these factors guarantee that Akebono’s Pro-ACT Ultra Premium brake pads provide the ultimate braking experience-reaching new performance levels or better.
Akebono’s Research & Development
Being the largest brake manufacturer in the world gives Akebono a unique advantage: an exclusive Original Equipment experience and expertise backed by the most comprehensive Research & Development in the industry. That fierce pursuit of unfailing quality and safety assures that Akebono continues to be the innovating leader of braking technology.
- Ultra-Quiet – Akebono has developed an extensive variety of unique Pro-ACT Ceramic formulations to reduce and/or virtually eliminate brake squealing, groaning and vibration.
- Enhanced Durability – For the vast majority of motorists, Pro-ACT Ultra-Premium brake pads provide significantly improved pad wear performance in normal driving conditions compared to traditional brake pads. This means longer times between brake jobs.
- Low Dusting – The carefully selected materials found in Pro-ACT Ultra-Premium brake pads are more compatible with today’s popular aluminum, open-wheel designs. They help minimize and/or virtually eliminate dusting.
- Smooth Braking – Pro-ACT Ultra-Premium brake pads provide more consistent, smooth stopping power over a wide range of driving conditions, including panic stops.
- Vehicle-Optimized Formulations – Pro-ACT Ultra-Premium brake pads are formulated to meet the specific OE quality, fit and performance requirements for your vehicle. More than 400 pads are available for virtually every domestic, Japanese and European car and truck built since 1990.
- Braking Expertise You Can Trust – Akebono has more than 75 years of braking expertise, is the largest OEM friction pad supplier and is the originator of ceramic pad technology.
Brakes are one area in which vehicle owners simply cannot compromise. With ACDelco Brakes, they can get the peace of mind that comes with parts that are expertly engineered, manufactured to stringent tolerances, thoroughly tested and backed by the ACDelco name. ACDelco Professional Ceramic Brake Pads are engineered to help resist corrosion and premature wear and are the high-quality replacement ideal for many vehicles on the road today. They offer exceptional performance and include noise-dampening shims where applicable. Independently tested using SAE J2784 standards, these pads deliver the fit, form, and function you expect from ACDelco. Their durable ceramic formulation uses less metal, providing high-quality braking power in a quiet and low-dusting package. Also, no curing is required. ACDelco Professional Ceramic Brake Pads are ready to be installed right out of the box.
- Tested to SAE J2784 for braking effectiveness, along with Noise/Vibration/Harshness (NVH) and durability/wear testing for assurance of quality
- Ceramic, semi-metallic, and organic formulas provide safety and reliability for a range of vehicle applications
- Integrally molded – friction material molded to backing plate for bond integrity
- Premium shims, slots, and chamfers help to diminish noise, vibration, and braking harshness
- The stamped backing plate allows for proper pad movement within the caliper assembly, reducing noise, brake pulsation, and helps to protect against premature wear
Any time you hauling a load, towing a trailer, or simply adding a larger wheel/tire combination, you change the operating conditions of your stock brake package. Those operating conditions may exceed the ability of the stock braking components. This kit includes perfectly matched components designed to produce the brake torque that is needed due to the increase in wheel diameter or load.
The Power Stop Z36 Truck & Tow Performance brake kit provides the superior stopping power demanded by those who tow boats, haul loads, tackle mountains, lift trucks, and play in the harshest conditions. The brake rotors are drilled to keep temperatures down during extreme braking and slotted to sweep away any debris for constant pad contact. Combined with our Z36 Carbon-Fiber Ceramic performance friction formulation, you can confidently push your rig to the limit.
- Components are engineered to handle the stress of towing, hauling, mountainous driving, and lifted trucks
- Dust-Free braking Performance
- Z36 Carbon-Fiber Ceramic formula provides the extreme braking performance demanded by Your truck or 4×4
- Premium stainless steel shims provide better heat dissipation for improved stopping power with virtually no Noise
- Drilled and slotted rotors keep Your brakes Cool even in the most extreme conditions.
Wagner SevereDuty brake pads are exclusively engineered for vehicles driven in extreme environments. Wagner Brake engineers go beyond standard dynamometer testing with rigorous OE on-vehicle tests that ensure they perform as designed. These are the pads to get if you do heavy-duty towing. Many people think that ceramic is the way to go because it’s more expensive. However, these pads will outperform ceramic all day long. Granted, they will make more dust, wear out faster, and eat rotors faster. But, that’s the price you pay for having pads that will stop you better and safer. Wagner is a trusted name and I feel good putting them on my vehicles and my customer’s vehicles. I can’t say that about the parts store brands.
- Formulated for extreme heat, frequent stopping and heavy loads
- Exceptional pad strength
- Longer pad life
- Meets or surpasses stringent industry testing and quality standards
- Install Wagner Brake products with total confidence
Low dust EBC Redstuff is a superb pad for fast street use and targets high HP imports, muscle cars and prestige european cars. EBC Redstuff ceramic pads reduce dust emitted by OEM pads by approx 80 percent. Redstuff pads also reduce rotor wear so that rotors and pads last longer whilst delivering great brake performance. For optimum lifetime in track use EBC still recommends drivers to upgrade to their Yellowstuff or even the new Bluestuff range but if fast street is what you need, EBC Redstuff Ceramic is the pad to choose.
- owest dust pad in range
- Ideal European vehicle brake upgrade
- High friction low heat fade
- Great for fast street and premium sedan.
Check this firsthand video on EBC Red Stuff Pads:Video Transcript:
Hawk Performance has applied their severe-duty brake pad friction technology to the braking demands of trucks and SUVs. Heavier vehicles with larger brake systems are more likely to experience higher temperatures, requiring a brake pad that has excellent heat dissipation characteristics. The new LTS (Light Truck and SUV) Brake Pad Compound utilizes Hawk Performance’s established and proven Ferro-Carbon formulation to provide superior stopping power for full-sized light trucks, SUVs and vans without noise and dust.
- LTS – Light Truck and SUV brake compound
- Superior fade resistance
- Excellent pad and rotor life
- A better way to stop your truck or SUV
- Improved braking over OE
Hawk Performance Brake Pad and Talon Rotor InstallVideo Transcript: Customers Feedback:
FAQs on the Best Brake Pads for Towing in 2020
What are the brake pads?
The brake pad not only helps you in towing the heavy vehicles or hauling but also helps them enhance their performance. Also, helps in reducing the noise, the brake pad withstand the hot condition. With the multi-layer shim system that is made of the steel to insulate the noise, their working is a boost. Also, they are appealing to both the light and heavy trucks and add beauty to your wheels with the rotors that are plated with zinc and provide you extra protection. While hitting your product, they have a good response and with the amount of heat evolving, the brake pads are made efficient and long-lasting. Moreover, they allow you to move your vehicle in any environment with ease; either up or down the hill.
What is the best time to replace your brake pads?
When you feel that there is a drop in the power of the brake you can replace your brake pads or you may depend on the mileage you covered for about 30,000 to 60,000. Your brake pads are provided with the complete hardware and they must be replaceable easily so that you can exchange with the old and not working hardware with the new one. Also, some of the brake pads come with the wear indicators that make a sound indicating that there is something wrong with your product or the electric sensors that turn on the warning light telling you that it is time to replace your brake pads. When you see any bruised spot or when applying the brake you feel the car is pulling or there is an unnecessary heat emission from the rotor, then it is the time that you must replace your brake pads.
What equipments are available in your brake kit?
Your brake pads include the complete brake kit which consists of the custom made powder, stop rotors, and also the brake calipers. The kit is compatible and also makes sure that both the rotor and brake pads must fit properly. It also contains 4 pads in quantity so you can use 2 pads on both the side of your vehicle. Also, they are provided with the complete hardware and so that they are easily replaceable. It also includes the multi-layer shim system that is made of the steel to insulate the noise and boost the working, anti-rattle clips and lubricants. Also, depending on the price the shape, friction material of the pads, their capabilities, requirements, and performance are different for different vehicles. Moreover, for different types of vehicles, different types of pads are used depending on the model of your vehicle. Your brake pad must be of high-quality as with the low-quality, they may not contain all these mentioned pieces of equipment in the brake kit.
Why do your brake pads unevenly get wear?
Your brake pads unevenly get wear because of the sticky calipers due to the reducing movement or seizing of the piston of the caliper. The uneven wear of your brake pads can also be caused by the brake fluid or the overflow of the reservoir. Well, after a while, your brake pads would stop working and warn you to get replaced. They are made to wear out after some time and stop working. You can slow down the process of the wearing of your brake pads by caring for your braking system. Also, you must drive less and off the roads. Furthermore, your brake pads are dependent on the type of vehicle you are using or on what road you are driving.
How to clean your brake pads?
They are designed in such a way that your product can be easily clean after the dirt and dust stuck in your braking system. To clean your brake pads, you must follow the rules listed below:
- Step 1: It is necessary to keep in mind that you have parked your vehicle in a well – ventilated area and on a level surface also, set the parking brake. Lose the lug nuts a little bit and jack your car up.
- Step 2: Remove the two calipers that are retaining the bolts. Using a wire, hang the caliper out of the way without any stretch.
- Step 3: Remove the calipers out of brake pads without causing any damage.
- Step 4: Loosen the cap of the brake fluid reservoir by opening the hood. It is important to note that if the reservoir is overflowing then you must use the syringe to remove some brake fluid.
- Step 5: Clean the friction surface of the brake disc and rotor by simply wiping with a rag.
- Step 6: You can use the brush to remove the stubborn dirt and deposits in the braking system. And clean the caliper then apply the brake.
If asked, then I would personally recommend for the Bosch BC905 QuietCast Premium Ceramic Disc Brake Pad as it does not only reduce the noise efficiently but also allow the pads to have proper movement. Also, this brake pad prevents from getting premature wear. Also, you do not have to worry about buying the brake kit as this brake pad comes with the complete hardware.
The listed brake pads for towing will not only lift your heavy vehicles but also enhance the performance of your vehicles such as cars or trucks. According to your wish, you can buy any of the listed brakes pads.