Do you always have bad odors in your home?
Or do you have a pet-loving home with odors?
One nice way to make your home smell welcoming is to have wax melts.
Wax melts are decorative candles that are burned with wax warmers to release the fragrance. There are different fragrances to choose from. After researching 48 hours on the best wax melts brand we’ve made this shortlist for you.
Comparison of Top 10 Wax Melts in 2020
We have made a comparison table below to make it easy for you to make a good choice at a glance. Be sure that any of the choices you make will be worth it.
Table of Contents
- Shortlist of Top 10 Best Smelling Wax Melts for 2020
- 1. Shortie’s Candle Company Apples & Cinnamon Wax Melts –
- 2. Yankee Candle Wax Melts Value Bundle –
- 3. Pet House Apple Cider Wax Melt –
- 4. Madeline Unscented Wax Melts –
- 5. Fresh Wax Melts Air Freshener –
- 6. Candlecopia Honeysuckle Jasmine French Lavender and Sweet Rose –
- 7. ScentSationals Cucumber Melon Wax Cubes – Best strongest wax melts
- 8. Febreze Wax Melts Air Freshener with Gain –
- 9. Glade Wax Melts Refills Blooming Peony & Cherry –
- 10. Queen Beeswax Melts –
- Buying Guide of Best Wax For Warmers in 2020
- Before you buy a wax warmer in 2020, consider the following
- FAQs for Best Wax Melts in 2020
- Final Verdict
Shortlist of Top 10 Best Smelling Wax Melts for 2020
You know, one of the best ways to keep your home fresh and lovely is by using wax melts. With wax melts, your home looks inviting all the time. Visitors feel comfortable in a well-scented environment where there are no foul smells. However, finding the right wax melt fragrance can be a difficult task since there are numerous of them. We are making this review to help you choose the right and best cheap wax melts to suit your style and taste. You can choose from these 10 best wax melts to keep your home smelling with a lovely aroma.
These Apples and Cinnamon Wax Melts are similar to that of Yankee Candle Tarts and Scentsy Bars. It’s one of the most popular wax melt scents in the market. The difference is that they are made of classic paraffin wax giving them some strong scent throw. But paraffin wax can emit harmful vapors and soot making it not too good for humans and pets but it produces stronger fragrance than the other traditional box wax melts. Their strong scent throw is as strong as the jar candles from Shorties. These wax melts have a long-lasting staying power. The staying power can last as much as 10 hours. There are 6 wax blocks in a pack capable of giving you more than three days of refreshing scent smell. Each wax blend features a low melting point which makes for a faster melt with a better scent throw.
- Easy to use – The Apples and Cinnamon wax melts are hands poured and made of natural paraffin blend for a long-lasting scent throw
- Quality – The wax melts are produced with natural essential oils making it non-toxic
- Stronger – The Apple and Cinnamon wax melts can be compared with that of Yankee Candle Tarts and Scentsy Bars but much stronger than these two
- Effective – The product is very effective with penetrating scents. The wax melt works well with all oil warmers, wax melters and warmer wax
- Phthalate-free – The Apples & Cinnamon fragrance oil used in making these wax melts are completely free from Phthalate. Phthalate is a chemical used in increasing the flexibility, durability, and longevity of plastics.
Create a warm and inviting atmosphere with the Yankee Wax Melts. It is one of the strongest smelling wax melts in the market. The aroma of the scents lasts long after the flame has been turned off. These wax melts are wickless and work well with all Yankee electric and non-electric wax warmers. The variety of fragrances allows you to mix up scents to have a satisfactory aroma that you will be delighted with making your house feel like a home. You can enjoy up to 8 hours of the freshness of fragrance with the wax melts. A set of 24 wax melts is real value for money. The wax melts have different fragrances such as Black Cherry, Vanilla Lime, Fresh Cut Roses, Mango Peach Salsa, Red Rasberry, Soft Blanket, Baby Powder, Lemon Lavender, Black Coconut, Sicilian Lemon, Midnight Jasmine, etc.
- Long scent – Each max melts produce up to 8 hours of fragrance
- Wickless – This is a wickless candle melt that you can sample by mixing different fragrances to get your desired scent
- Compatible – The wax melts work perfectly well with all Yankee warmers whether electric or non-electric
- Easy to use – It is easy to use and good as gifts
- Affordable – With a set of 24 wax melts, this is very affordable and cost-effective too
Allow your home to smell fresh and clean with the Apple Cider Wax Melts from Pet House. This is specially made to eliminate pet odors from your home. It is also very useful even if you don’t have pets. The Apple Cider is formulated with a blend of fresh Apple juice alongside Cinnamon and Clove. This combination gives you and your guest a welcoming smell that is soothing and refreshing. It contains no paraffin or dyes making it completely non-toxic and allergen-free. This is a beautiful odor neutralizer with a nice fragrance and natural essential oils. Two packs contain 6 ounces of wax melts. This will be a great gift, especially for pet lovers.
- Highly effective – The wax melt is highly effective against pet odors. Its long-lasting effect makes your home smell good. It eliminates foul odor in no time. It is made with a powerful odor neutralizer that makes you feel comfortable and confident living in your pet-loving home.
- Made with essential oils – The potent fragrances are blended with high-quality essential oils to bring calm and tranquillity to your home.
- Nontoxic – It is non-toxic and allergen-free. The wax is made of 100 soy wax. There is no paraffin or dyes in the making of the wax making it completely safe for use around pets and humans.
- Quality & last-lasting – The smell is long-lasting enough to create the freshest environment and last between 5 to 10 hours. The product is made in the USA.
- Highly rated – The wax melt is highly rated by pet-loving home and car owners for its effectiveness at eliminating pet odors with the powerful odor neutralizer.
With unscented wax melts, you can choose the right scent for your home. The unscented max melts are free of fragrance and color. You can add fragrance and color the way you deem fit. Drop the unscented max melts in a wax warmer and add some drops of essential oils to make your home smell exactly the way you want it without having an overpowering smell. The unscented wax melts help to spread the oil evenly for a consistent and longer burning. This unscented wax can be used to dilute the strong power of the other strong scented wax melts for more a powerful scent. It is made of 100% natural soy wax to give you comfort. The unscented wax gives your home a smooth glow but one major drawback is that it doesn’t burn brightly. It is hand-poured like other scented wax melts. It has a pack of two 6-tart melts. This is a better homes and gardens wax melts
- Add color or scent – The unscented wax melt allows you to choose the right scent for your home. Add scented essential oil or scented max melt to give color and nice scent
- Even oil-burning – Using the unscented wax make essential oil to burn evenly for a long and consistent aroma that delivers a powerful scent
- Quality & 100% natural – It is made of 100% soy wax for an effective and long-lasting burn. It is a quality product made in the USA
- Easy to use – The unscented wax melt is to be used with other scented wax or use with scented essential oils. It helps to dilute strong scented wax
- Pocket-friendly – with a pack of two 6-tart melts, the price is affordable and pocket-friendly.
Get stronger and bolder long-lasting scent with the Fresh Wax Melts. The scent of this longest lasting wax melts lasts long for hours making it very cost-effective. Just place it in a wax warmer to make your living room, bathroom, bedroom, and kitchen come alive with lovely and enduring scent. It can also help to eliminate odors from pets such as cats and dogs. It gets rid of odor such as cooking odor in the kitchen. It smells fine on laundry with a lot of staying power. It is important to use the recommended warmers for this wax melts. It is compatible with electric, light bulb or tea light warmer. No more stinking homes with this wax melts. This wax has got an outstanding throw. This is a well-scented wax melts
- Long-lasting scent – The wax melt has a stronger and enduring scent that lasts for a longer time
- Clean scent – It delivers a clean scent that makes your home smell cleaner and fresher
- Easy to use – Just drop it in wax warmer and start to enjoy a breath of fresh air
- Economical – It contains a pack of 6 wax making it economical and affordable on the average
- Good on fabric – Your fabrics smell differently like never before with Fresh Wax Melts
Create a combination of scent with the 3-in-1 wax melt that contains Honeysuckle Jasmine, French Lavender, and Sweet Rose. They are made from natural soy wax. Each has a strong smell but for the best result, you can mix two cubes of difference fragrance and get a personalized scent that makes your home fresh and smelling nice. The wax melts melt well and has a long-lasting throw of fragrance that lasts for hours. The scintillating smell of this best candle melts takes care of odors caused by pets. Other fragrances can also be tried such as Egyptian Amber, Man Cave, Rain Water, and Driftwood.
You may choose from Candlecopia Monkey Farts, Butt Naked & Dragon’s Blood Strongly Scented Hand Poured Vegan Wax Melts which are also available in the market.
- Multiple packs – The product comes in multiple packs containing Honeysuckle Jasmine, French Lavender, and Sweet Rose. The combination of each cube from these fragrances is cool and comfortable
- Easy to use – The wax melts burn well and cleaner. It is easy to use since it can be washed with soap and warm water
- Made with soy wax – It is safe to use around pets since the wax melts are made from natural soy wax
- Cost-effective – There are 18 scented wax cubes in total. 3 packs of 6 cube each. This can serve you for many days making it cost-effective based on the average cost per cube
- Available in many fragrances – The wax melt is available in other fragrances you can use from.
7. ScentSationals Cucumber Melon Wax Cubes – Best strongest wax melts
If you are a fan of Cucumber, this wax will delight you. This is a paraffin-based wax mixed with essential oils. The Cucumber Melon Wax scent is light and not overpowering but keeps your home clean and fresh. It is pet-friendly and affordable. Its vibrant freshness will marvel you and your guests making you feel more comfortable and relaxed at home. The smell of Cucumber with a Melon note is not common. This makes the fragrance a unique one. The smell is on the sweet side with a strong staying power that lasts hours after hours. This is an impressive wax melt with amazing performance. There are other fragrances such as Honeysuckle Nectar, Vanilla Bean, Molten Orange, Sweet Pea, Rock Candy, Zen, Warm Apple Pie, Fresh Air, Fire Amber, Cupcake, Cherry Berry, Strawberry, and Cream. It comes with 6 cubes in a pack.
- Fresh and crispy – The wax melt has a fresh and crisp scent that creates a soothing atmosphere in your home
- Safe – The wax is safe to use around pets and humans without any health implications like migraines. It is also a safe heat source to warm your home
- Easy to use – The wax warmer melts the wax cubes slowly releasing soothing fragrance into your room
- Affordable – It is affordable and cost-effective than most wax melts in the market
- Strong staying power – The Cucumber Wax Melt has a long and strong staying power providing real value for money spent
Eliminate offensive odors from your home and treat your guests with the freshness of the Febreze Wax Melts. The wax melt doesn’t just neutralize odor but also infuses your home with inviting and fresh scent for many hours. Wax cubes are super easy to use bringing lovely aromas and warmth to your bedroom, living room, bathroom and kitchen. The wax warmer warms the wax cube to slowly release cool freshness into the air. The Gain scents with floral notes will keep your guests wondering where the flower garden is due to its strong staying power that envelopes your home in no time. This best wax melt companies product will help to lighten your mood. The awesome fragrance is pet-friendly. It is compatible with any electric, light bulb and tea light warmer. A pack contains 8 cubes.
- Eliminates odor with ease – The wax melt removes odors from your home and releases fresh and light scent
- Suits different purposes – It can be used in the bathrooms, living rooms, kitchens, entryways, and cars
- Strong staying power – The freshness from the Gain’s scent is felt throughout your home giving you an airy aroma
- Compatible with different wax warmer – It is compatible with recommended wax warmers such as any electric, light bulb or tea light wax warmer
- Easy to use – Just drop the cube in a wax warmer and see the scent come alive.
Fill up your home with the scintillating scent of blooming peony and cherry for up to 72 hours for a pack. The scent is capable of filling the largest rooms in your home. The Grade Wax Melts fragrances are blended with high-quality essential oils for your soothing relief and comfort. Each cube of the wax melt can keep your home fresh and clean for up to 12 hours. This is not hand-poured. The product is made from pressed wax. Pressed wax prevents greasy and oily hands and it is dry to touch compared to paraffin wax. The product is well packaged making it easy to use. It is recommended that Glade Wax Melts should be used with the Glade Wax Melts Electric Warmer. The product continues to smell strong even after the wax warmer has been turned off.
- Long-lasting scent – The scent from this wax melt is strong and can stay longer than the average max melt. The smell lingers even after the wax warmer has been turned off.
- Quality product – The fragrances are made and blended with high-quality essential oils and available in 13 fragrances.
- Made with pressed wax – The wax melts are not greasy or oily when touched with the hand. This is because it is produced with pressed wax
- Ease to use – Use with Glade Electric Wax Warmer for convenient and continuous staying power
- Safe to use – The product is safe to use even around pets. It is also safe to use at home
10. Queen Beeswax Melts –
Make your home fresher and cleaner with Beeswax candles. The Beeswax Melts has a unique formulation that makes it stand out from the rest of wax melts. It’s one of the best smelling candle melts in the market. It is neither made from paraffin wax nor soy wax. It is specially formulated with pure beeswax and natural ylang ylang essential oil. One important advantage of this pure beeswax is that it produces negative ions that effectively help to clear the air we breathe of bad odors, smoke, pollens, dust, viruses and other forms of allergens. Improved mood and sense of wellbeing are what can be gained by an increased level of negative ions in the air and on the body. Beeswax truly purifies the air around you and reduces people’s sensitivity to chemicals and allergies helping to reduce frequent asthma attacks that occur due to allergies. The product works as a natural detoxification agent.
- Good for the environment – The Beeswax Melts is healthy for the environment since it helps to cleanse the air of allergens and hazards such as pollens, dust, smoke, and odors. The wax melts leave your room cleaner and fresher. It is a good product for people who are sensitive to allergies and sensitivities
- Long-lasting deodorized air – The product lasts three times longer than the other products made of soy or paraffin wax.
- Improves health – It improves one’s health by improving sleep; boost the immune system, enhances one’s sense of wellbeing and helps in relieving allergies. It can be used as a room freshener by using it as incense sticks, fumigants or vaporizers. It works well as a perfume or body deodorant since it has no side effect such as itching and irritations
- Easy to use – This product can be used in different ways. It can be conveniently used with candle warmers, use it to make your candles or use it differently as perfume or deodorizer
- High quality – This is a quality product made in the USA
Buying Guide of Best Wax For Warmers in 2020
Melted wax is an affordable luxury to make our homes smell welcoming and fresh. There are numerous melted waxes out there making it difficult to make a choice. Also, buying melted wax means you must also buy wax warmer. This buying guide is made to help you make an informed choice to pick the best smelling long lasting wax melts. Here are the types of melted wax and you can choose a melted wax based on this
Paraffin wax –
This type of melted wax is made of paraffin wax. Paraffin wax is a by-product of refined petroleum. Melted wax made of paraffin wax is wildly available and affordable too but paraffin wax is not eco-friendly. Melted wax made of paraffin wax burns slightly faster than others.
Soy wax –
Soy max is made of 100% natural wax. It is made from soybeans oil. It is more eco-friendly than paraffin wax. It is ideal for container candles. It has a lower melting temperature than paraffin.
Palm wax –
Palm wax is another 100% natural wax made from palm oils. It comes in a natural yellow color. It is ideal for container candles. It burns slowly.
This is one of the best waxes. It is 100% natural. It is the most luxurious wax for candles and melted wax. It is a by-product of the honey-making process.
Gel wax –
This is made from mineral oil and polymer resin. This is mostly used in making see-through candles.
Before you buy a wax warmer in 2020, consider the following
Go for a size that is fitting for your home but if you are considering using melted wax in a salon or somewhere else, you may need something bigger than a normal home-use wax warmer.
Energy efficiency –
The cost of electricity is rising constantly. You don’t want a wax warmer that would increase your electricity bill. Choose an energy-efficient wax warmer. Such wax warmer heat up pretty fast and retains heat for a much longer time after being turned off thereby saving energy
Heating speed –
This should be an important consideration when buying a wax warmer. The heating speed should save both time and energy.
You want to ensure you have a portable wax warmer that is easy to carry around. Having a portable wax warmer makes it easy to move it from one place to another. You may want it in your hotel room when you travel; you may need it in your room for a nice aroma or take it along with you for a short visit to a relative.
Safety is important above all things. Your wax warmer should have a good temperature control system so that it doesn’t burn away the wax melts easily.
This is another key consideration when buying a wax warmer. Some wax warmers are affordable while others are expensive. Look for something that suits your needs without being pricey.
FAQs for Best Wax Melts in 2020
What are wax melts?
Wax melts are scented pieces of wax without a wick. They are made in different sizes, shapes, and colors. Wax melts give out light scent when cold. They are made to be warmed by a wax warmer. The heating source could be an electric warmer or tea light.
How to use wax melts?
Wax melts are easy and simple to use. Take one or two cubes of wax melts and place it on a wax warmer. Turn on the wax warmer if it is an electric warmer. When the wax melts are well heated, turn off the wax warmer and remove it from the heating source.
How long do wax melts last?
How long wax melts last is all about the “fragrance throw”. Fragrance throw is about the strength of scent from the wax melts or candles. Fragrance throw is divided into two – cold and hot. The “cold throw” relates to the release of fragrance at room temperature. This is when the wax melts are not yet warmed. It is the type of fragrance one gets immediately the wax melts are opened from the pack. The “hot throw” means the exact opposite. The “hot throw” refers to the release of scents from the wax melt after being heated with the wax warmer. So, the difference is all about the staying power between the cold and hot throw. If you ask how long do glade wax melts last, most wax melts when warmed with a wax warmer can last between 8 to 12 hours. This also depends on the scent type and the size of the wax melt. It also depends on if the burning of wax melts is done consistently or at intervals. Other things that could affect the “fragrance throw” are the type of warmer used, the oil-to-wax ratio when the wax melts are produced and if essential oils were used or fragrance oils. All of these constitute the determining factor for “fragrance throw” in wax melts.
Why you need a wax warmer?
Wax melts and warmers are like Siamese twins. They go together. Wax melts temperature is an important issue here. If you must burn wax melts, you should also get a wax warmer along with it. Using a wax warmer is safer compared to using a microwavable wax. Most wax warmers have adjustable temperature control or ON and OFF switches. They are also very economical. Wax warmers heat wax evenly but microwavable wax doesn’t. It is recommended you go for wax warmer with temperature control rather than the ones with ON and OFF switch. Temperature-controlled wax warmers allow heating the wax on a lower setting.
Video guide on how to use wax melts and tarts:Video Transcript:
How to make wax melts?
Wax melts bring alluring smell to your home all the time. If cannot afford the ones sold online or in stores, you can make wax melts by yourself. Here is how to go about it.
You can select any wax whether soy wax or paraffin wax. Avoid waxes that are too soft and sticky. You can mix two waxes. We recommend IGI-4630 and IGI-4625 with a 50/50 mix up. IGI-4630 is a container wax that is soft and with nice scent throw while IGI-4625 is a hard pillar wax.
Items needed to make wax melts:
- 2 Wooden spoons as mixing utensils
- Electric hotplate as the heat source
- Tart mold for molding wax melts into tarts or cubes
- Scale to measure wax
- Double boiler to melt the wax
- Fragrance oil
- Pouring pitcher
Procedures you should follow:
- Step 1 – Measure the wax. Use 1 pound
- Step 2 – Melt max to 175 Fahrenheit using a boiler
- Step 3 – Remove the wax from the boiler
- Step 4 – Add dye and mix thoroughly. A liquid dye is recommended
- Step 5 – Add fragrance. 1 ounce of fragrance is enough
- Step 6 – Allow the wax to cool after adding dye and fragrance
- Step 7 – When the wax is cool enough to the extent that you are sure it won’t melt the mold, start to pour it into the mold
- Step 8 – Allow cooling completely to become hard
- Step 9 – Remove melted wax from the mold
- Step 10 – Start enjoying the wax melts.
Here’s an awesome DIY video tutorial on How to Make Wax Melts with Soy Wax Clamshells Tarts:Video Transcript:
How to dispose of wax melts?
After using your wax melts and there are leftovers, ensure that you don’t pour it down into the sink drain. Here is what to do if you ever find yourself in such a situation.
The first thing to do is to pour the leftover into a paper cup until it becomes solid. Then, peel away the paper. You re-melt and use that wax melts again. If you are not interested in reusing the wax melt, what you have to do to pour it into a container and wait until it comes hard. Then, you can throw away the container with the wax. You can then clean the pots and other containers. When doing that, add some extra wax melts and wipe the container with a piece of cloth. Avoid washing the container with soap or water. The best solution is to use alcohol. Alcohol works perfectly.
See the 3 Quick & Easy Ways to Remove Wax from a Tart Warmer:Video Transcript:
Wax melts are a must-have in homes where constant human or pet odors need to be eliminated. Wax melts are cheaper and safer ways to get rid of odors compared to wax candles. If your goal is to make your home always cozy with a sweet and fresh aroma, we recommend you go for the Queen Beeswax Melts or the Shortie’s Candle Company Apples & Cinnamon Wax Melts. These are the best smelling wax melts in the market right now. If you want a personal touch to how you want your home to smell, you should go for the Madeline Unscented Wax Melts and if you have a pet-loving home, we recommend the Apple Cider Wax Melt from Pet House.