Do you always have bad odors in your home?
Or do you have a pet-loving home with odors?
One nice way to make your home smell welcoming is to have wax melts.
Wax melts are decorative candles that are burned with scented wax warmer to release the fragrance. There are different fragrances to choose from. After researching 48 hours on the best wax melts brand we’ve made this shortlist for you.
Comparison of Top 10 Wax Melts in 2020
We have made a comparison table below to make it easy for you to make a good choice at a glance. Be sure that any of the choices you make will be worth it.
Table of Contents
- Shortlist of Top 10 Best Smelling Wax Melts for 2020
- *What is a wax melt?
- 1. Yankee Candle Wax Melts Value Bundle – (Best yankee candle wax melts)
- 2. Shortie’s Candle Company Apples & Cinnamon Wax Melts – (Best popular wax melt scents)
- 3. Pet House Apple Cider Wax Melt – (Best pet house wax melts)
- 4. Madeline Unscented Wax Melts – (Best wax for tart melts)
- 5. Febreze Unstopables Wax Melt Air Freshener – (Best Febreze unstopables wax melts)
- 6. Candlecopia Honeysuckle Jasmine French Lavender and Sweet Rose –(Best soy wax melts.)
- 7. ScentSationals Cucumber Melon Wax Cubes – (Best scentsational wax melts)
- 8. Febreze Wax Melts Air Freshener with Gain – (Best febreze wax melts)
- 9. Glade Wax Melts Refills Blooming Peony & Cherry – (Best glade wax melts)
- 10. Queen Beeswax Melts – (Best strongest smelling wax melts)
- Buying Guide of Best Wax Melts For Warmers in 2020
- Buy guide for the best wax melt warmer in 2020
- FAQs for Best Wax Melts in 2020
- Final Verdict
Shortlist of Top 10 Best Smelling Wax Melts for 2020
*What is a wax melt?
You know, one of the best ways to keep your home fresh and lovely is by using wax melts. With wax melts, your home looks inviting all the time. Visitors feel comfortable in a well-scented environment where there are no foul smells. However, finding the right wax fragrance melt can be a difficult task since there are numerous of them. We are making this review to help you choose the right and best cheap wax melts to suit your style and taste. You can choose from these 10 best wax melts to keep your home smelling with a lovely aroma.
1. Yankee Candle Wax Melts Value Bundle – (Best yankee candle wax melts)
Create a warm and inviting atmosphere with the Yankee Wax Melts. This is one of the strongest smelling wax melts in the market. The aroma of the scents lasts long after the flame has been turned off. and it becomes the most popular Scentsy scents.
These Yankee candle wax melts are wickless and work well with all Yankee non-electric and electric wax melt warmers The variety of fragrances allows you to mix up scents to have a satisfactory aroma that you will be delighted with making your house feel like a home.
You can enjoy up to 8 hours and keep freshness with the fragrance melts wax. A set of 24 wax melts is real value for money. These Yankee candle wax melt cups have different fragrances such as Black Cherry, Vanilla Lime, Fresh Cut Roses, Mango Peach Salsa, Red Rasberry, Soft Blanket, Baby Powder, Lemon Lavender, Black Coconut, Sicilian Lemon, Midnight Jasmine, etc.
- Long scent – Each Yankee candle wax melter produces up to 8 hours of fragrance.
- Wickless – This is a wickless candle melt warmer that you can sample by mixing different fragrances to get your desired scent
- Compatible – This Yankee candle fragranced wax melts work perfectly well with all fragrance melt warmer whether electric or non-electric wax warmer.
- Easy to use – This electric and non-electric scented wax warmer easy to use and good as gifts
- Affordable – With a set of 24 wax melts, this electric wax melter is very affordable and cost-effective too.
2. Shortie’s Candle Company Apples & Cinnamon Wax Melts – (Best popular wax melt scents)
The difference is that they are made of classic paraffin wax giving them some best wax for scent throw. But paraffin wax can emit harmful vapors and soot making it not too good for humans and pets but it produces a stronger fragrance than the other traditional box wax melts.
Their shortie’s candle company wax melts for scent throw is as strong as the jar candles from Shorties. These best Scentsy wax melts have a long-lasting staying power. The staying power can last as much as 10 hours.and making wax melts very easily.
There are 6 wax blocks in a pack capable of giving you more than three days of refreshing scent smell. Each wax blend features a low melting point which makes for a faster melt with a better scent throw. This is the best shorties wax melts in Canada.
- Easy to use – These shortie’s wax melts are hands poured and made of natural paraffin blend for a long-lasting best wax for scent throw.
- Quality – The wax melts are produced with natural essential oils making it non-toxic. It’s one of the best wax melts Canada and UK peoples.
- Stronger – The Apple and Cinnamon wax melts can be compared with that of Yankee Candle Tarts and Scentsy Bars and Scentsy wax melts. but much stronger than these.
- Effective – The product is very effective with penetrating scents. This is The best long lasting wax melts works well with all oil warmers, wax melters and warmer wax
- Phthalate-free – The Apples & Cinnamon fragrance oil used in making these wax melts are completely free from Phthalate. that’s why this is the essential oil wax melts. Phthalate is a chemical used in increasing the flexibility, durability, and longevity of plastics.
3. Pet House Apple Cider Wax Melt – (Best pet house wax melts)
Allow your home to smell fresh and clean with these Apple Cider Wax Melts from Pet House. This is specially made to eliminate pet odors from your home. It is also very useful even if you don’t have pets.
The Apple Cider is formulated with a blend of fresh Apple juice alongside Cinnamon and Clove. This pet house wax melts combination gives you and your guest a welcoming smell that is soothing and refreshing. It contains no paraffin or dyes making it completely non-toxic and allergen-free.
This is a beautiful odor neutralizer with a nice fragrance melts and natural essential oils. Two packs contain 6 ounces of wax melts. These natural wax melts will be a great gift, especially for pet lovers.
- Highly effective – These natural soy wax melts are highly effective against pet odors. Its long-lasting effect makes your home smell good. It eliminates foul odor in no time. It is made with a powerful odor neutralizer that makes you feel comfortable and confident living in your pet-loving home.
- Made with essential oils – The potent fragrances are blended with high-quality essential oils to bring calm and tranquillity to your home.
- Nontoxic – It is non-toxic and allergen-free. All natural wax melts made of 100 best soy wax for melts UK. There is no paraffin or dyes in the making of the wax making it completely safe for use around pets and humans.
- Quality & last-lasting – The smell is long-lasting enough to create the freshest environment and last between 5 to 10 hours. The product is made in the USA.
- Highly rated – These lee naturals wax melts are highly rated by pet-loving home and car owners for its effectiveness at eliminating pet odors with the powerful odor neutralizer.
4. Madeline Unscented Wax Melts – (Best wax for tart melts)
Drop the unscented max melts in a unique wax warmer rand add some drops of essential oils to make your home smell exactly the way you want it without having an overpowering smell. These wax for melts and tarts helps to spread the oil evenly for a consistent and longer burning.
This wax for tart melts can be used to dilute the strong power of the other strong scented wax melts for more a powerful scent. It is made of 100% natural soy wax to give you comfort.
These unscented wax melts give your home a smooth glow but one major drawback is that it doesn’t burn brightly. It is hand-poured like other scented wax melts. This best wax for tart melts has a pack of two 6-tart melts. This is a better home wax melts and gardens wax melts as well.
- Add color or scent – These unscented soy wax melts allows you to choose the right scent for your home. Add scented essential oil or scented max melt to give color and nice scent
- Even oil-burning – Using the unscented wax make essential oil wax melts to burn evenly for a long and consistent aroma that delivers a powerful scent
- Quality & 100% natural – It is made of 100% soy wax for an effective and long-lasting burn. It is a quality product made in the USA
- Easy to use – If anyone wants to know how to use scented wax cubes… These wax for melts and tarts are to be used with other scented wax cubes or use with scented essential oils. It helps to dilute strong scented wax
- Pocket-friendly – with a pack of two 6-tart melts, the price is affordable and pocket-friendly.
5. Febreze Unstopables Wax Melt Air Freshener – (Best Febreze unstopables wax melts)
Just place it in scented wax warmers to make your living room, bathroom, bedroom, and kitchen come alive with lovely and enduring scent. These Febreze unstopables fresh wax melts can also help to eliminate odors from pets such as cats and dogs. It gets rid of odor such as cooking odor in the kitchen.
It smells fine on laundry with a lot of staying power. This is the best-scented wax melts. It is important to use the recommended warmers for this wax melts. It is compatible with electric, light bulb or tea light warmer. No more stinking homes with this Febreze unstopables wax melts air freshener. This wax has got an outstanding throw.
- Long-lasting scent – The wax melt has a stronger and enduring scent that lasts for a longer time
- Clean scent – These top rated scented wax melts delivers a clean scent that makes your home smell cleaner and fresher
- Easy to use – Just drop the scented wax warmer and start to enjoy a breath of fresh air
- Economical – It contains a pack of 6 wax making it economical and affordable on the average
- Good on fabric – Your fabrics smell differently like never before with Fresh Wax Melts
6. Candlecopia Honeysuckle Jasmine French Lavender and Sweet Rose –(Best soy wax melts.)
These soy wax melts for home, pets and the environment. Each has a strong smell but for the best result, you can mix two cubes of different fragrances and get a personalized scent that makes your home fresh and smelling nice. This soy wax melting point well and has a long-lasting throw of fragrance that lasts for hours.
The scintillating smell of this best candle and soy wax tart melts takes care of odors caused by pets. Other fragrances can also be tried such as Egyptian Amber, Man Cave, Rain Water, and Driftwood.
You may choose from Candlecopia Monkey Farts, Butt Naked & Dragon’s Blood Strongly Scented Hand Poured Vegan Wax Melts which are also available in the market.
- Multiple packs – The product comes in multiple packs containing Honeysuckle Jasmine, French Lavender, and Sweet Rose. The combination of each cube from these fragrances is cool and comfortable
- Easy to use – These candlecopia wax melts burn well and cleaner. It is easy to use since it can be washed with soap and warm water
- Made with soy wax – It is safe to use around pets since the wax melts are made from natural soy wax
- Cost-effective – There are 18 scented wax cubes in total. 3 packs of 6 cube each. This can serve you for many days making it cost-effective based on the average cost per cube
- Available in many fragrances – These soy wax melt kits are available in other fragrances you can use from.
7. ScentSationals Cucumber Melon Wax Cubes – (Best scentsational wax melts)
If you are a fan of Cucumber, this wax will delight you. These scentsational wax melts are a paraffin-based wax mixed with essential oils. The Cucumber Melon Wax scent is light and not overpowering but keeps your home clean and fresh. It is one of the longest-lasting wax melts.
These scentsationals date night wax melts are pet-friendly and affordable. Its vibrant freshness will marvel you and your guests making you feel more comfortable and relaxed at home. The smell of Cucumber with a Melon note is not common. This makes the fragrance a unique one.
The smell is on the sweet side with a strong staying power that lasts hours after hours. This melon wax melts is an impressive wax melt with amazing performance.
There are other fragrances such as Honeysuckle Nectar, Vanilla Bean, Molten Orange, Sweet Pea, Rock Candy, Zen, Warm Apple Pie, Fresh Air, Fire Amber, Cupcake, Cherry Berry, Strawberry, and Cream. These best strongest wax melts come with 6 cubes in a pack.
- Fresh and crispy – These vanilla bean noel wax melts has a fresh and crisp scent that creates a soothing atmosphere in your home
- Safe – The wax is safe to use around pets and humans without any health implications like migraines. It is also a safe heat source to warm your home
- Easy to use – These fragrance wax melts warmer the wax cubes slowly releasing soothing fragrance into your room
- Affordable – It is affordable and cost-effective than most wax melts in the market
- Strong staying power – These cucumber melon wax melts has a long and strong staying power providing real value for money spent
8. Febreze Wax Melts Air Freshener with Gain – (Best febreze wax melts)
Eliminate offensive odors from your home and treat your guests with the freshness of these febreze wax melts. The wax melt doesn’t just neutralize odor but also infuses your home with inviting and fresh scent for many hours.
Wax cubes are super easy to use bringing lovely aromas and warmth to your bedroom, living room, bathroom and kitchen. This Febreze wax melts warmer the wax cube warmer to slowly release cool freshness into the air.
of course, we can say that These Febreze gain wax melts is the best smelling wax melts. The Gain scents with floral notes will keep your guests wondering where the flower garden is due to its strong staying power that envelopes your home in no time.
This Febreze wax melts scents companies products will help to lighten your mood. The awesome fragrance is pet-friendly. It is compatible with any electric, light bulb and tea light warmer. A pack contains 8 cubes.
- Eliminates odor with ease – These Febreze pumpkin wax melts remove odors from your home and releases fresh and light scent
- Suits different purposes – It can be used in the bathrooms, living rooms, kitchens, entryways, and cars
- Strong staying power – The freshness from the Gain’s scent is felt throughout your home giving you an airy aroma
- Compatible with different wax warmer – This Febreze wax melts air freshener is compatible with recommended wax warmers such as any electric, light bulb or tea light unique wax warmer. It’s a bit hot but not absolutely cold wax warmer.
- Easy to use – Just drop the cube in a wax warmer and see the scent come alive.
9. Glade Wax Melts Refills Blooming Peony & Cherry – (Best glade wax melts)
These Grade best glade wax melts fragrances are blended with high-quality essential oils for your soothing relief and comfort. Each cube of the wax melt can keep your home fresh and clean for up to 12 hours. This is not hand-poured. This glade wax melt warmer is made from pressed wax.
Pressed wax prevents greasy and oily hands and it is dry to touch compared to paraffin wax. The product is well packaged making it easy to use. It is recommended that a glade electric wax melt burner should be used with the fall wax melts Electric Warmer. The product continues to smell strong even after the wax warmer has been turned off.
- Long-lasting scent – This fall scented wax melts are strong and can stay longer than the average max melt. The smell lingers even after the wax warmer has been turned off.
- Quality product – The fragrances are made and blended with high-quality essential oils and available in 13 fragrances.
- Made with pressed wax – The fall wax melts are not greasy or oily when touched with the hand. This is because it is produced with pressed wax
- Ease to use – Use with this glade electric wax melt warmer for convenient and continuous staying power
- Safe to use – The product is safe to use even around pets. It is also safe to use at home
10. Queen Beeswax Melts – (Best strongest smelling wax melts)
Make your home fresher and cleaner with Beeswax candles. The Beeswax Melts has a unique formulation that makes it stand out from the rest of the melting beeswax. It’s one of the best smelling candles melts in the market. It is neither made from paraffin wax nor soy wax and it’s not a long-lasting wax melts.
This is absolutely good quality and the best strongest smelling wax melts. It is specially formulated with pure beeswax and natural ylang ylang essential oil. One important advantage of this pure beeswax is that it produces negative ions that effectively help to clear the air we breathe of bad odors, smoke, pollens, dust, viruses and other forms of allergens.
This beeswax melter Improved mood and sense of wellbeing are what can be gained by an increased level of negative ions in the air and on the body. Beeswax truly purifies the air around you and reduces people’s sensitivity to chemicals and allergies helping to reduce frequent asthma attacks that occur due to allergies. The product works as a natural detoxification agent.
- Good for the environment – These beeswax wax melts is healthy for the environment since it helps to cleanse the air of allergens and hazards such as pollens, dust, smoke, and odors. The wax melts leave your room cleaner and fresher. It is a good product for people who are sensitive to allergies and sensitivities
- Long-lasting deodorized air – The product lasts three times longer than the other products made of soy or paraffin wax.
- Improves health – This beeswax melting point improves one’s health by improving sleep; boost the immune system, enhances one’s sense of wellbeing and helps in relieving allergies. It can be used as a room freshener by using it as incense sticks, fumigants or vaporizers. It works well as a perfume or body deodorant since it has no side effect such as itching and irritations
- Easy to use – These beeswax warmer melts can be used in different ways. It can be conveniently used with a candle melt warmer, use it to make your best wax for candle making or use it differently as perfume or deodorizer
- High quality – This is a quality product of melting beeswax which made in the USA
Buying Guide of Best Wax Melts For Warmers in 2020
Melted wax is an affordable luxury to make our homes smell welcoming and fresh. There are numerous melted waxes out there making it difficult to make a choice. Also, buying melted wax means you must also buy wax warmer. This buying guide is made to help you make an informed choice to pick the best smelling long-lasting wax melts. Here are the types of melted wax and you can choose a melted wax based on this
Paraffin wax –
This type of melted wax is made of paraffin wax. The melting paraffin wax is a by-product of refined petroleum. Melted wax made of paraffin wax is wildly available and affordable too but paraffin wax is not eco-friendly. Melted wax made of paraffin wax burns slightly faster than others.
Soy wax –
Soy max is made of 100% natural wax melts. It is made from soybeans oil. It is more eco-friendly than paraffin wax. It is ideal for container candles. The soy wax melting temperature has a lower than paraffin.
Palm wax –
The palm wax melts is another 100% natural wax melts made from palm oils. It comes in a natural yellow color. It is ideal for container candles. It burns slowly.
This is one of the best waxes. It is 100% natural. It is the best wax for candle making and melted wax. It is a by-product of the honey-making process.
Gel wax –
This gel candle wax is made from mineral oil and polymer resin. This is mostly used in making see-through candles.
Buy guide for the best wax melt warmer in 2020
Go for a size that is fitting for your home but if you are considering using melted wax or gel wax in a salon or somewhere else, you may need something bigger than a normal home-use wax warmer.
Energy efficiency –
The cost of electricity is rising constantly. You don’t want a wax warmer that would increase your electricity bill. Choose an energy-efficient wax warmer. Such wax warmer heat up pretty fast and retains heat for a much longer time after being turned off thereby saving energy
Heating speed –
This should be an important consideration when buying a wax heater warmer. The heating speed should save both time and energy.
You want to ensure you have a portable wax warmer for the best wax melts brand that is easy to carry around. Having a portable warmer makes it easy to move it from one place to another. You may want it in your hotel room when you travel; you may need it in your room for a nice aroma or take it along with you for a short visit to a relative.
Safety is important above all things. Your wax warmer should have a good temperature control system so that it doesn’t burn away the wax melts easily.
This is another key consideration when buying a wax warmer. Some wax warmers are affordable while others are expensive. Look for something that suits your needs without being pricey.
FAQs for Best Wax Melts in 2020
What are wax melts?
Wax melts are scented pieces of wax without a wick. They are made in different sizes, shapes, and colors. Wax melts give out light scent when cold. They are made to be warmed by a wax warmer. The heating source could be an electric warmer or tea light.
How to use wax melts?
Wax melts are easy and simple to use. Take one or two cubes of wax melts and place it on a wax warmer. Turn on the wax warmer if it is an electric warmer. When the wax melts are well heated, turn off the wax warmer and remove it from the heating source.
How long do wax melts last?
How long wax melts last is all about the “fragrance throw”. Fragrance throw is about the strength of scent from the wax melts or candles. Fragrance throw is divided into two – cold and hot. The “cold throw” relates to the release of fragrance at room temperature. This is when the wax melts are not yet warmed. It is the type of fragrance one gets immediately the wax melts are opened from the pack. The “hot throw” means the exact opposite. The “hot throw” refers to the release of scents from the wax melt after being heated with the wax warmer. So, the difference is all about the staying power between the cold and hot throw. If you ask how long do glade wax melts last, most wax melts when warmed with a wax warmer can last between 8 to 12 hours. This also depends on the scent type and the size of the wax melt. It also depends on if the burning of wax melts is done consistently or at intervals. Other things that could affect the “fragrance throw” are the type of warmer used, the oil-to-wax ratio when the wax melts are produced and if essential oils were used or fragrance oils. All of these constitute the determining factor for “fragrance throw” in wax melts.
Why you need a wax warmer?
Wax melts and warmers are like Siamese twins. They go together. Wax melts temperature is an important issue here. If you must burn wax melts, you should also get a wax warmer along with it. Using a wax warmer is safer compared to using a microwavable wax. Most wax warmers have adjustable temperature control or ON and OFF switches. They are also very economical. Wax warmers heat wax evenly but microwavable wax doesn’t. It is recommended you go for wax warmer with temperature control rather than the ones with ON and OFF switch. Temperature-controlled wax warmers allow heating the wax on a lower setting.
Video guide on how to use wax melts and tarts:
How to make wax melts?
Best wax for wax melts bring alluring smell to your home all the time. If you cannot afford the ones sold online or in stores, you can make wax melts by yourself. Here is how to go about it.
You can select any wax whether soy wax or paraffin wax candles. Avoid waxes that are too soft and sticky. You can mix two waxes. We recommend IGI-4630 and IGI-4625 with a 50/50 mix up. IGI-4630 is a container wax that is soft and with nice scent throw while IGI-4625 is a hard pillar wax.
Items needed to make wax melts:
- 2 Wooden spoons as mixing utensils
- Electric hotplate as the heat source
- Tart mold for molding wax melts into tarts or cubes
- Scale to measure wax
- Double boiler to melt the wax
- Fragrance oil
- Pouring pitcher
Procedures you should follow:
- Step 1 – Measure the wax. Use 1 pound
- Step 2 – Melt max to 175 Fahrenheit using a boiler
- Step 3 – Remove the wax from the boiler
- Step 4 – Add dye and mix thoroughly. A liquid dye is recommended
- Step 5 – Add fragrance. 1 ounce of fragrance is enough
- Step 6 – Allow the wax to cool after adding dye and fragrance
- Step 7 – When the wax is cool enough to the extent that you are sure it won’t melt the mold, start to pour it into the mold
- Step 8 – Allow cooling completely to become hard
- Step 9 – Remove melted wax from the mold
- Step 10 – Start enjoying the wax melts.
Here’s an awesome DIY video tutorial on How to Make Wax Melts with Soy Wax Clamshells Tarts:
How to dispose of wax melts?
After using your wax melts and there are leftovers, ensure that you don’t pour it down into the sink drain. Here is what to do if you ever find yourself in such a situation.
The first thing to do is to pour the leftover into a paper cup until it becomes solid. Then, peel away the paper. You re-melt and use that wax melts again. If you are not interested in reusing the wax melt, what you have to do to pour it into a container and wait until it comes hard. Then, you can throw away the container with the wax. You can then clean the pots and other containers. When doing that, add some extra wax melts and wipe the container with a piece of cloth. Avoid washing the container with soap or water. The best solution is to use alcohol. Alcohol works perfectly.
See the 3 Quick & Easy Ways to Remove Wax from a wax tart warmer:
Wax melts are a must-have in homes where constant human or pet odors need to be eliminated. Wax melts are cheaper and safer ways to get rid of odors compared to the best wax for candles. If your goal is to make your home always cozy with a sweet and fresh aroma, we recommend you go for the Queen Beeswax Melts or the Shortie’s Candle Company Apples & Cinnamon Wax Melts. These are the best smelling wax melts in the market right now. If you want a personal touch to how you want your home to smell, you should go for the Madeline Unscented Wax Melts and if you have a pet-loving home, we recommend the Apple Cider Wax Melt from Pet House.
- Best Magnetic Eyelashes Buying Guide
- Best Door Mats Reviews
- Best Yoga Wheels Reviews
- Best Weight Lifting Gloves Reviews
- Best Sauna Suits Reviews
Linda Rodgers is a full-time beautician and sub-author of Test10Best. She researches the market in order to make the shortlist of top-rated beauty products for Test10Best’s reader. Contact her for any of your queries.