Our Top 3 Picks:-
Best Choice: Westinghouse Lighting 7863100 Chrome Ceiling Fan
“It’s so dang cute hanging in my guest room. This has to be the smallest fan ever but it moves a power amount of air for its size.”
Editor’s Pick: Hunter 51023 Conroy Onyx Bengal Ceiling Fan
“This fan is great. Not the most attractive ..but nice. However, it runs flawlessly. I installed it with a remote kit and it works perfectly.”
Best Budget: Westinghouse Lighting 7876400 Alloy Ceiling Fan
“Fan works great in our tiny living room! The light is kind of dim which is great for just hanging out. Also, it has been very quiet.”
Are you thinking of buying a new ceiling fan?
If yes, you have made a good choice amongst the different types of fans.
But what type of ceiling fan are you thinking of?
You either choose a downrod ceiling fan or a fan without a downrod. The following questions will help you to make up your mind.
- Do you have a small-sized room or office?
- Do you want a ceiling fan with lighting?
- Do you want a fan you can conveniently control with a remote?
If the answer to all of these questions is yes, then, what you need is a flush mount ceiling fan.
Let’s compare the top 10 Flush Mount Ceiling Fans first in 2021:
The table below is made to help you make a quick comparison of the flush mount ceiling fans. We believe it will help you make an informed choice.
Reviews of 10 Best Flush Mount Ceiling Fans in 2021
1. Westinghouse Lighting 7876400 Alloy Ceiling Fan – (Best flush mount ceiling fan with light)
Give your home a modern look with the Alloy ceiling fan. It features a solid gunmetal finish with three black/graphite reversible blades for your maximum comfort. This flush mount ceiling fan with light is stylish thereby adding aesthetics to your home.
This black flush mount ceiling fan with light is fitted with a silicon steel motor that has a double capacitor to deliver effective circulation. It has an inflow of 4,083 CFM enough for a room of about 100 square feet. There are three fan speeds – high, medium and low – alongside a reversible switch to make you feel comfortable all the time.
During summer, this flush mount enclosed ceiling fan with light is run anti-clockwise for your cooling comfort while in winter; it is turned clockwise to keep you comfortably warm. Without the lights, the fan is 51 watts making it energy-efficient and has an average airflow efficiency of about 80 CFM per watt. It has two 40-watt light bulbs that bring illumination to your home.
- Easy to install – The super easy to install and can be installed in less than 30 minutes
- Great design – This modern flush mount ceiling fan with light is well designed to give your home a modern feel with nice illuminating lights alongside aesthetically built black/graphite three-blade fans
- Unparallel comfort – You can keep yourself comfortable whether the weather is cold or hot.
- 3-speed fan – Enjoy comfort at the level that suits you with the three speeds option. Choose high, medium or low for your utmost satisfaction
- Steel motor – It is made of silicon steel motor with dual capacitor to deliver a powerful performance
- Clean, sleek and modern aesthetic design
- Reversible switch
- Easy to install and use
- 4,083 CFM
- Two bulbs for illumination
- Makes some humming noise
- Installing it with remote can be complicated
2. Hunter Low-Profile Ceiling Fan (Best low profile flush mount ceiling fan) –
Effectively cool your room with the Hunter ceiling fan. The Conroy 51023 can make all the difference during summer. This low profile flush mount ceiling fan has a 42-inch blade span powered by the WhisperWind technology for the effective cooling of your home.
It comes with integrated downlight and burnished mahogany blades. It only gets better with the reversible three speeds to deliver utmost cooling satisfaction. This low profile flush mount ceiling fan with light has two pull chains. One for the fan and the other for the lights making it unnecessary to have a switch.
It has a superior quiet operation that makes you a lot more comfortable. Its low-profile nature makes for easy installation. It plums perfectly to the ceiling leaving you with a luxury of space in your bedroom and living room. There are two bulbs of 60-watt for proper illumination. This small low profile ceiling fan had 2825 CFM which means enough air to go round.
- WhisperWind motor technology – The rugged motor delivers top quiet performance to give you comfort when the weather is extremely hot.
- Low profile design – The low profile design makes this modern low profile ceiling fan easy for flush mounting in smaller rooms with low ceilings
- Powerful blades – The three blades circulate airflow effectively. The blades are made with Armour technology to repel more than50% dust.
- Easy to install – This low profile led ceiling fan is super easy to install with clear instructions that come with the fan. It comes with a balancing kit.
- Hardwired – For effective performance, the fan must be hardwired
- Quiet operation
- Beautiful illumination
- Easy to use and install
- Three speeds fan
- Two incandescent bulbs
- Bulbs not too bright
- It comes with no switch, but two pull chains
3. Westinghouse Lighting 7863100 Chrome Ceiling Fan – (Best flush mount ceiling fan with light and remote)
With a stylish chrome finish and 6 blades, the Westinghouse Quince provides a pleasant cooling effect in summer and great warmth during winter. This is a flush mount ceiling fan with light and remote well suited for rooms with low ceilings. The opal frosted glass light fixture provides illumination for your room. It can be used with remote control.
The motor, with a lifetime warranty, is built strong to deliver exceptional performance all the time. With an average electricity use of 31 watts when the lights are off, this flush mount ceiling fans with lights and remote control is a nice cost and energy-saving fan.1270 CFM guarantees enough airflow for smaller rooms. For angled and sloped ceilings, the fan should be installed with a down rod for effective balance and performance. It comes with a reversible switch to keep you comfortable in hot and cold weather.
Turn this flush mount ceiling fan with led light and remote anticlockwise to get the cool breeze needed during summer and turn it clockwise to be warm during winter. There are two pull chains to control both the light and fan giving you a good option of either turning on the fan without the light or turn on the light without the fan.
- Reversible six blades – The reversible six blades are powerful enough to deliver exceptional cooling in smaller rooms of 8 by 10 feet and 10 by 10 feet.
- Steel motor – The silicon steel motor with two capacitors alongside a reversible switch is made to deliver outstanding performance
- Three speeds – This ceiling fan with light and remote flush mount gives you the option of three speeds. Choose High, Medium or Low to get a soothing relieve
- Airflow –With a 1270 CFM averaging 39 CFM per watt and 25 watts energy consumption without light, this is energy-efficiency with a lot of cost savings
- Bright illumination – The two candelabra bulbs provides bright illumination for your room.
- Easy to install
- Low profile ceiling fan
- It comes with installation material for ease of installation
- Reversible switch
- Three speeds with six blades
- The motor can be a bit noisy.
4. Hunter Low Profile IV Ceiling Fan – (Best flush mount ceiling fan without light)
This low profile flush mount ceiling fan with remote is a perfect fit for smaller rooms with lower ceilings. It features the usual WhisperWind motor technology for quiet operation and effective cooling. With five reversible Weathered / Wine Country blades, what you get is unparallel comfort.
This flush mount ceiling fan without light gives you soothing relieve in both hot and cold weather. There are three fan speeds to choose from – High, Medium or Low. The fan is suited most for flush mount; not for sloped ceiling. It has pull chains for easy control. If you don’t like the pull chains, you can use compatible remote control. This hunter flush mount ceiling fan with remote control might make a little bit of noise but it is worth it if you can forgo the noise for the great comfort that comes with powerful airflow. It runs on 120 volts.
- WhisperWind motor – The WhisperWind motor technology delivers cool air movement all through the room. The operation is quiet thereby giving you complete relieve and satisfaction.
- Reversible motor – The reversible motor makes this ceiling useful in both winter and summer. You can change the direction of the fan to either cool or give you some warmth.
- Three speeds – This 42 flush mount ceiling fan without light makes you feel cozy with the three speeds option. Defending on your mood, you can choose High, Medium or even Low.
- Easy to install – The fan is simple and easy to install with the instructions that come it. The instructions are understandable and easy to follow
- Low profile – One great and important advantage of this hunter flush mount ceiling fans without lights is that it is low profile making it very suitable for smaller rooms with lower ceilings
- Moves air effectively
- Stylish, modern and well built
- Strong motor
- Remote-control compatible
- Three speeds
- May start to make a little bit of noise after sometimes
5. Hampton Bay 52 Inches Ceiling Fan – (Best hampton bay ceiling fan)
Enjoy soothing relieve with Hampton ceiling fan. This hampton bay ceiling fan pulls in maximum airflow with 4670 CFM and five powerful blades. The high-performance motor provides quiet performance. The blades have a maple finish on one side and a walnut finish on the other side giving you the option of choosing either a dark or light colour to match your style.
This hampton bay ceiling fan remote has a brushed nickel finish to complement your room décor appropriately. Choose from any of the speeds out of the three speeds to make you feel at home. It comes with multi-capacitors to deliver ultra-quiet operation. This hampton bay ceiling fan remote control has an opal frosted dome light fixture for illumination. It comes with no bulbs.
- Low profile – This hampton bay ceiling fan parts is low profile making it suitable for small rooms with low ceilings.
- Reversible motor – The powerful reversible motor with multi-capacitor helps the fan to perform optimally and quietly too
- Five blades – The five blades are built strong to pull sufficient air to make the room cool in no time
- Easy to install – This hampton bay ceiling fan installation is super easy to install with simple and easy installation instruction
- Energy-efficient – With 60 watts electricity consumption, the fan is not only energy-efficient but also energy-saving.
- Powerful and reversible motor with multi-capacitor
- 4670 CFM of air movement
- Three speeds fan
- Stylish design to complement home décor
- Operates quietly
- It can be noisy at the highest speed
6. Hardware House 17-4640Arcadia Ceiling Fan – (Best 6 blade ceiling fan)
Get maximum and satisfactorily air cooling in your room with the Arcadia 30-inch ceiling fan. It comes stylish and modern to suit your room décor. It has six reversible blades with excellent performance. Its reversible blades keep you comfortable in both hot and cold seasons. The blades come in Cherry or Walnut color. The airflow capacity is 3900 CFM of this 6 blade ceiling fan meaning there is enough cool breeze when the weather is extremely hot.
This is a three-speed 6 blade harbor breeze ceiling fan. Oil Rubbed Bronze is the body of the fan. It makes use of 60 watts bulb for illumination. The lighting kit is included and doesn’t come with bulbs. You can install it without a lighting kit if you don’t fancy lighting for your room.
This spitfire 6 blade ceiling fan requires assembly. It is made of high-quality metal and wood with a bronze finish. It uses 120 volts. It is energy-efficient as it consumes just 45 watts of electricity. It has a fairly quiet operation that is not disturbing. The fan can be installed in rooms of sizes that are between 10 x 10 and 20 x 20.
- Fan and light – This small 6 blade ceiling fan and light combination makes it suitable for your bedroom, living room, dining room and the kitchen.
- Six reversible blades – The six reversible blades guarantee optimum airflow all the time
- Three speeds – You have of the option of choosing how comfortable you want to be with the three speeds option of High, Medium or Low.
- Lighting kit – With lighting kit, you can decide to illuminate your room by buying LED candelabra bulbs
- Easy to install –It comes with easy-to-understand instructions on how to install the 6 blade ceiling fan parts making it easy to install and use.
- Ease of installation
- Stylish with modern design
- 3900 CFM for a powerful breeze
- Made of durable metal and wood
- Three speeds fan
- It may hum some noise at low or medium speed.
- It comes with no bulbs
- The instructional guide is difficult to comprehend.
7. Harbor Breeze Mason Ceiling Fan – (Best small flush mount ceiling fan with light)
This small flush mount ceiling fan with light has a kind of silver finish that blends well with your home décor. Its reversible three blades deliver maximum air movement to keep you cool. It also keeps you warm and comfortable during the winter period. It comes with remote control for your convenience and LED bulb for easy illumination to give you complete comfort.
This flush mount small ceiling fan with light has a 4,545 CFM airflow capacity for sufficient air circulation. The Mason ceiling fan has a powerful motor that delivers quiet operation. The AC motor provides warmth when it is cold with its reverse action while providing effective cooling when it is hot in a clockwise direction. This is a 3-speed flush mount ceiling fan with light for small room. You can easily change speed conveniently with the remote control that comes with a wall cradle.
- Three speeds – There are three speeds to choose from. The speeds can be easily controlled using the remote or from the wall mount. Choose High, Medium or Low to make yourself comfortable
- Strong AC motor –The powerful AC motor propels adequate airflow in the room. The reversible motor ensures both cooling and warming of your room depending on the situation
- Matte opal glass light kit –The light kit comprises an energy-efficient 18-watt LED light bulb for the room’s illumination
- Compact, stylish and modern – This small room flush mount ceiling fan with light design is stylish and modern helping to uplift the ambiance by blending perfectly with your room’s décor
- Easy to install – The fan is easy to install with simple and easy-to-follow instructions. The remote is also easy to program.
- High airflow capacity
- Remote control
- LED lights illumination
- 3-speed reversible motor
- Ease of installation
- The LED lights cannot be replaced
- The light is very dim
- It may make some humming noise after installation
8. Hunter Dempsey Fresh White Ceiling Fan – (Best white flush mount ceiling fan)
The 44-inch Hunter 59244 ceiling fan looks very appealing. It has a modern design that complements the décor in your home with its brass-antique finish. This Low Profile Fresh white flush mount ceiling fan is ideal for small rooms for effective air movement.
It pushes 3,157 CFM of air. The energy-efficient dimmable LED bulbs provide easy illumination. It makes use of two LED bulbs of 10 watts. The 3-speed reversible WhisperWind motor provides powerful air movement with quiet operation.
This white flush mount ceiling fan with light is well suited for low ceiling rooms. It comes with handheld remote control for easy speed and lighting adjustment from any angle in the room giving you complete control. The Fresh White / Oak Blonde four blades pull maximum air to ease you. This flush mount white ceiling fan with light and remote has a Safe-Exit feature which allows the light to stay on for 30 seconds as you turn off the fan to leave the room.
- Reversible motor – The reversible motor allows for the fan’s change of direction to keep you comfortable whether it is cold or hot. You can change from downdraft when it is summer to updraft when it is winter
- Low profile – The low profile feature of this flush mount white ceiling fan with remote makes it very perfect for smaller rooms at home or office with low ceilings
- WhisperWind motor technology – The motor is powered by the WhisperWind technology to provide superb home cooling with noiseless operation
- Remote control – The fan can be conveniently controlled using a remote control. You can also control it using the switch.
- Modern design – This modern white flush mount ceiling fan looks sleek and modern making it very complementary to your home décor with a nice brass-antique finish.
- Three fan speeds
- Remote controlled
- Reversible motor
- Quiet operation
- Easy to install
- The light is not bright
9. Harbor Breeze Sail Stream Ceiling Fan – (Best modern flush mount ceiling fan)
The 52-inch Sail Stream ceiling fan is a smart choice for small rooms. It is stylish and modern enough to make your home beautiful with a brushed nickel finish. It has a powerful and reversible motor that delivers enough air circulation to keep you comfortable.
This modern flush mount ceiling fan with light comes with three speeds option for you to choose the speed that suits at any point in time. There is a remote control for easy and convenient control of the fan movement. It is perfect for flush-mount and not suited for angle mount.
This sail stream ceiling fan can be used to keep you warm during winter and keep you cool during summer. With 2,050 CFM, you can get sufficient air to circulate the room. It comes with brilliant energy-efficient lighting. It uses the incandescent bulb of 75 watts. When the light is not on, the fan uses 54 watts of electricity.
- Attractive design – stylish and modern design is very attractive and complements your room’s décor effectively.
- Quiet motor – The powerful quiet motor technology makes this flush mount modern ceiling fan with light to work effectively without noise
- Airflow – The three grey blades generates a lot of air movement to keep your room cool and comfortable
- Three speeds – With three speeds, you can conveniently choose the speed that you want to keep you cool
- Remote control – Conveniently control the speeds of this harbor breeze ceiling fan sail stream from anywhere in your room.
- Reversible fan motor
- 3-speed option
- Energy-efficient LED lighting for illumination
- Remote control
- Quiet performance
- It doesn’t come with LED light
10. Hunter Low Profile Ceiling Fan – (Best low profile ceiling fan)
Get the most of your flush mount ceiling fan with the 44-inch Hunter Dempsey fan with light and remote control. The fan is craftily designed with a brushed nickel finish to bring some style and beauty to your home. It comes with dimmable LED for the illumination of your bedroom, living room, kitchen and other spaces.
This hunter low profile ceiling fan comes with four reversible blades of black oak/chocolate oak colour. It has a downlight too. The three speeds feature is ideal for you to choose the right speed for your overall comfort. If you have a small room or office, this low profile ceiling fan with light will succour to you in both hot and cold weather. The reversible motor makes the fan to turn anticlockwise to give you comfort when summer sets in and operates clockwise to warm your home when winter comes knocking. The motor allows for quiet operation.
- LED lights –This hunter low profile ceiling fan with light is fitted with LED lights to perfectly illuminate your bedroom, living room or office. The lights are bright and also dimmable
- Reversible motor – The reversible motor is intelligently made to serve you when the weather is either cold or hot.
- Remote control – Conveniently control the fan speed with ease from anywhere in your room.
- 3-speed fan – Cooling comfort is in three levels. Choose the speed that will make you comfortable from High to Low.
- Easy installation – The instructional guide for the installation of this low profile black ceiling fan is easy to understand and helps you to install the fan with ease.
- Easy to install
- Reversible motor
- 3-speed operation
- LED light illumination
- Remote control
- No pull chains
- The fan may be noiseless after installation but can be a bit noisy after sometimes
Buying Guide for Choosing the Best Flush Mount Ceiling Fans
There are many benefits to installing ceiling fans at home or office. Apart from the fact that it pulls a lot of air, it is well suited for rooms or offices where there is no space left to have a wall or standing fan. Follow this buyer’s guide to make a good purchase in 2021.
Whether the blades are long or short is not the main issue. The number is blades don’t also matter. A 6 blade ceiling fan may not do better than a 3-blade fan. What to consider is RPM. RPM means Rotation Per Minute. This is what determines the speed at which the blades spin. If the blades can rotate faster, it will pull more air. Another important consideration is the blade pitch. This is about the angle of the blades. Blade pitch measures a ceiling fan’s blade tilt. The blades tilt makes a significant difference when it comes to air movement. It makes sense to go for a fan of between 12 to 15 degrees blade tilt.
The motor is another important consideration if you want a good fan with maximum air circulation. There are two types of motor. There are AC and DC motors. The type of ac fan motor that comes with the fan will determine how powerful and energy-efficient your fan is going to perform. AC means Alternate Current. This is the standard motor used in most fans. DC means Direct Current. This is an advanced motor. DC is 70% more effective and powerful than the standard AC motor.
Some ceiling fans are fitted with lights to provide illumination. There are three types of fan lights. There is dome light. A dome light is placed at the center of the white flush mount ceiling fan with light and protected by a dome. The second one is the branched lights. Branched lights have two or more lights placed in the middle of the fan. The third one is dimmer lights. Dimmer lights are usually remote controlled to make the lights brighter or dimmer.
There are different controls for ceiling fans. It can be controlled with remote, wall mount or pull-cord.
FAQs on Best Flush Mount Ceiling Fans in 2021
What is a flush mount ceiling fan?
Flush mount ceiling fans are low-profile fans that provide soothing relieve during winter and keep you warm when summer kicks in. They are available in different types and styles. There are remote controlled and lighting ceiling fans. A flush mount ceiling fan requires no dangling rod from the ceiling. The lowes flush mount ceiling fans is usually mounted closest to the ceiling. They are better and safer compared to the down rod ceiling fans. This kind of ceiling fan is ideal for smaller homes and offices. If you have been contemplating buying a flush mount ceiling fan, this review is made to help you make a good choice. Read on as we review the 10 best flush mount ceiling fans.
How To Install A Flush Mount Ceiling Fan?
Installing a flush mount ceiling fan is easy if you intend to do it yourself. Here is a step by step guide to installing a flush mount ceiling fan.
- Turn the power off from the circuit breaker
- Install the ceiling bracket. Install it using the screws and washers provided
- Attach the Grommets to the blades
- Hang and wire the motor. Place the motor in the opening of the ceiling bracket. Once the motor is in place, use the two locking screens to secure the motor to the ceiling bracket
- Connect the right wires using the wire connectors provided. After connecting the wires, it is right to push them back into the motor.
- Place the motor housing to cover the ceiling brackets.
- Assemble the blades. Attach the blade iron and install using the blade iron screws. Tighten the screws firmly.
- Start to attach the blades to the motor one after the other
How To Remove A Flush Mount Ceiling Fan?
You may be relocating from one place to another. This may warrant you removing your ceiling. You may also want to replace a faulty ceiling fan. Removing a flush mount ceiling fan is not difficult since it has no downward.
What you need are:
- A screwdriver
- A ladder
Step 1: Turn off power to the fan. After that, ensure that you shut off power from circuit breaker
Step 2: Unscrew the bulbs. Unscrew the screws that hold the bulbs
Step 3: Then, remove the screws that hold the light fixture
Step 4: Start to remove the blades by removing the screws
Step 5: Remove the ring close to the ceiling. Remove all the screws that hold the cover and lower the cover
Step 6: Lift the motor up to disconnect the wires by removing the wire nuts. Then, pull the wires apart. Carefully remove the motor
Step 7: Use the screwdriver to loosen the flush mount ceiling fan and remove it.
Step 8: You are done.
This video guide may help you to install a flush mount ceiling fan:
Watch this video below if you’re still facing the problem with removing your fan:
A flush mount ceiling fan is the ideal fan for you if you have a small room or office because the blades are short and don’t take up too much space. It also adds some beauty and brightness to your room with the light bulb. If you are looking for an efficient flush mount ceiling fan, we recommend the Westinghouse Lighting 7876400 Alloy Ceiling Fan or the Harbor Breeze Mason Ceiling Fan for their strong air movements. These fans don’t only have high CFM; they also have powerful motors for great performance.
Edmond Clark is a 34-year-old Blogger from California, USA. He is a Certified Market Research Professional (MRP) & a full-time blogger. His aim is to help the consumer to choose the best product from the market. Contact him for any of your queries.